Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainerroad.com [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Hi Bryce,

I was just wondering whether there were any updates on pulling in run and swim workouts from Garmin Connect/Strava to sync up with the TrainerRoad calendar and training plans? I had a quick look on the TrainerRoad forum and it seemed as though this has been removed from the roadmap of upcoming features :(

Unfortunately this feature has been pushed back a bit. By branching into Running and Swimming, we are venturing into unknown territory somewhat, and we feel that it is important to perfect the features we currently have before moving onto the next major project. So sadly, Run and Swim import support will be on the backburner for a while.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you :(

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Bryce,

I'm having an issue that I'm wondering whether you can help with. When I set up my triathlon training plan in Calendar, I move the days around so that my first workout is on Sundays (I currently take Saturdays off). But this messes up the sequence. It uses the correct workout for Sunday but the rest of the week is what should be the following week.

Today I set the start date for a base plan as last week. Today's (Sunday's) workout is from week 2 as it should be, but the rest of the week is from week 3. Is there a way to make Sunday the start date without messing things up? I use all the TR workouts including run and swim so moving them all manually in calendar would be a major hassle for 12 week training plans.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Hey Bryce,
I'm having an issue that I'm wondering whether you can help with. When I set up my triathlon training plan in Calendar, I move the days around so that my first workout is on Sundays (I currently take Saturdays off). But this messes up the sequence. It uses the correct workout for Sunday but the rest of the week is what should be the following week.

Today I set the start date for a base plan as last week. Today's (Sunday's) workout is from week 2 as it should be, but the rest of the week is from week 3. Is there a way to make Sunday the start date without messing things up? I use all the TR workouts including run and swim so moving them all manually in calendar would be a major hassle for 12 week training plans.

Hey there!

I took a look at your account and I can see what you mean.

Unfortunately, all of our plans technically start on Monday, and this cannot be changed. That being said, once you are in a consistent training routine, it doesn't matter what day you consider the "start" of your week. It only matters which days you are riding, and what duration and types of workout that you will complete on those days. So in your case, I would recommend setting your Training Plan's start date to today, November 26, on your plan. That will set this week as Week #1, and you will be able to get to training :)

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While that may be the case on some weeks, it will matter on recovery weeks because my recovery Sunday will be followed by a hard week and vice versa. So on recovery weeks my first day will be hard.

I realized if I line it up so that the rest of the week is correct, I only have to move Sunday workouts up by a week on the calendar, so it's a quick fix that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Firstly thank you for coming on here and helping people out.
I’m mid season (Southern Hemisphere) doing mostly sprints.
I have done specialty plans to try and keep that power up and see that there is a lot of v02 stuff. Even on oly distance plans.
I’ll be honest and say that doing one a week every week through the season is hurting. His far I’m not having a great season either bike wise. My training in v02 is a bit hit and miss- some days I’m ok some days days it’s a hard effort and find myself pausing a workout or lowering the %.
For short course work would doing something like sweet spot base 1, where most work is 88-100% ftp be sound for sprints? Ie, am I doing myself a disservice by eliminating a v02 session a week? Just feeling a bit blurgh! At weekly high end stuff which I have done since August of this year. That feels like a lot of givens, mist, dade under my legs and I’m burning after 12+ weeks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:

Unfortunately, all of our plans technically start on Monday, and this cannot be changed.

You guys REALLY need to fix / change that. Not everyone follows a regular mon-fri work schedule. my week starts on friday every week.

the calendar option is cool as far as dragging around the workouts to whatever day you are actually going to do it, but a pretty big pain.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:

Unfortunately, all of our plans technically start on Monday, and this cannot be changed.

You guys REALLY need to fix / change that. Not everyone follows a regular mon-fri work schedule. my week starts on friday every week.

the calendar option is cool as far as dragging around the workouts to whatever day you are actually going to do it, but a pretty big pain.
This. There's no good reason why that can't be customized when adding a new training plan. Select date, choose which days of the week will be selected by default. Done.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Firstly thank you for coming on here and helping people out.
I’m mid season (Southern Hemisphere) doing mostly sprints.
I have done specialty plans to try and keep that power up and see that there is a lot of v02 stuff. Even on oly distance plans.
I’ll be honest and say that doing one a week every week through the season is hurting. His far I’m not having a great season either bike wise. My training in v02 is a bit hit and miss- some days I’m ok some days days it’s a hard effort and find myself pausing a workout or lowering the %.
For short course work would doing something like sweet spot base 1, where most work is 88-100% ftp be sound for sprints? Ie, am I doing myself a disservice by eliminating a v02 session a week? Just feeling a bit blurgh! At weekly high end stuff which I have done since August of this year. That feels like a lot of givens, mist, dade under my legs and I’m burning after 12+ weeks

It sounds like you are doing the Specialty Plans on repeat, is that correct? How long have you been doing this for and at what volume? It sounds like you may be dealing with a bit of fatigue and you may need to dial back your training a little bit, however, I would not recommend removing your VO2 max session.

For sprint distance triathlons, the VO2 max work is hugely beneficial for your race day performance. For the short bike leg seen in a sprint, VO2 max work is a huge asset that will help improve your FTP and your ability to maintain high percentages of that FTP for the short duration of your event.

If you regularly have issues with VO2, you can try reducing the intensity by 5% at the very beginning of the workout, and also extending the rest periods between intervals. What really matters for these workout is that you complete the work periods, so if you need an extra few minutes to be ready between intervals, that's totally okay.

If you do need to remove some volume, start by removing your easiest rides and runs from your routine and see if that has an improvement on your overall training and energy levels.

I hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that Bryce. I have been doing 1 v02 session per week for about 12 weeks. My volume is about 7 hours a week. My other harder rides include a session usually of threshold or sweetspot and a spirited group ride- this one lasts about 2 hours but is a team time trial so can have a higher VI than id like sometimes. The rest is either a race in itself, or i will have easy days like Pettit.
You are correct, im fatigued. Writing it out like the above it is easy to see why now. I feel as though i dont do enough sweet spot or threshold work though. Once per week as a dedicated trainerroad session. I feel like i have maxed out my v02 top end. And Im not progressing there at all anymore. Would a block of 4 weeks of threshold and below be of any value?
Should you always have a v02 session atleast once per week during the season? I have a busy race schedule, and race around 2 sprints per month atleast, with a spirited group ride, i think its just catching up to me.Cheers mate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using TR successfully with a version of the CT Handlebar Controller FW < 45.43?

I have 35.65, I am unable to connect with the current version of the app, it can't find the device.
Support had me downgrade to a legacy version and it can see the CT but won't download any workouts.
We have been going back and forth for a week. Even if I could finally get workouts to download in the old version I don't want to be stuck on a 4 year old version of software.

It does not seem like the firmware updates are available, searched everywhere and the support folks don't seen to understand that it is not a software upgrade you can just download.

Getting ready to cancel if I can't resolve in the next couple of days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

With the Christmas approaching, are there still Trainer Road gift cards? I know they have been in thing previously, but couldn't find anything around it on the website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Thanks for that Bryce. I have been doing 1 v02 session per week for about 12 weeks. My volume is about 7 hours a week. My other harder rides include a session usually of threshold or sweetspot and a spirited group ride- this one lasts about 2 hours but is a team time trial so can have a higher VI than id like sometimes. The rest is either a race in itself, or i will have easy days like Pettit.

You are correct, im fatigued. Writing it out like the above it is easy to see why now. I feel as though i dont do enough sweet spot or threshold work though. Once per week as a dedicated trainerroad session. I feel like i have maxed out my v02 top end. And Im not progressing there at all anymore. Would a block of 4 weeks of threshold and below be of any value?
Should you always have a v02 session atleast once per week during the season? I have a busy race schedule, and race around 2 sprints per month atleast, with a spirited group ride, i think its just catching up to me.Cheers mate

With the added perspective of your additional workouts, it sounds like you are getting enough VO2 intensity through your twice monthly races and intense TTT group rides. I wasn't aware of all the extra intensity that you were doing on top of the prescribed plan in your original post :)

As for your threshold and below block, if you are feeling that your fitness has somewhat stagnated, then switching things up and trying something new is a great idea! You could source your workouts from Sustained Power Build and integrate some of the runs and swims from your Triathlon plan to create your own customized training block.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Hi Bryce,

With the Christmas approaching, are there still Trainer Road gift cards? I know they have been in thing previously, but couldn't find anything around it on the website.

Hey there!

Unfortunately we no longer offer gift cards :(

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [hiker726] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiker726 wrote:
Is anyone using TR successfully with a version of the CT Handlebar Controller FW < 45.43?

Sadly, the newest version of the app is only fully compatible with 45.43 or later :( For many CT users, upgrading to this version of the software requires a hardware upgrade as well, which significantly increases the cost of admission. We really wish there was more that we can do to ease the CT compatibility issues, but unfortunately, our updated app architecture is incompatible with older firmwares.

You mention that Support has directed you to the Legacy App, which certainly lacks some of the features seen in the latest app, however, TR still has plenty to offer through the Web Application. Let me explain.

From your browser at trainerroad.com,
- You can plan out all of your workouts and events using the TrainerRoad calendar feature
- You can track all of your indoor and outdoor rides
- You can manage your weekly TSS and 6-week average to help you to keep your training on track
- You can analyze your workouts using our analysis features
- You can manage your Personal Records chart and organize your records into individual seasons

The only thing you miss out on is the automatic population of your Calendar workouts into the app. Rather than being able to open the app and go, you will need to check the Web first to see what ride you have planned, and then open the app and search for that particular workout.

While not ideal, TrainerRoad can still be a hugely powerful tool that will help you get faster and reach your most ambitious goals.

And again, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce,

Thanks. It is correct that Support has directed me to the legacy app and while I can pair the trainer I have been unable to download any workouts into the legacy app. Support has had me delete the file and try again but has failed multiple times.
When I open the app it looks like it is downloading the workouts. It will be downloading x out of 1967 workouts but when it gets to the end it comes back no workouts found therefore I have not been able to even load a workout to try.

I have had no response from support in close to 2 days now since I reported the workout download still fails.

I have also been trying to search and see if there is anyway to get the newer chip but I have had no luck with RacerMate out of business there does not seem to be a way to obtain.
Last edited by: hiker726: Nov 30, 18 12:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge thanks bruce that helps a lot
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an iPhone. I have loaded my Low Volume Ironman base program. I first week is suppposed to have a Ramp Test. But, on my phone it doesn't have Ramp test listed under that week. I have checked workout filters and none are there. I have tried to find Ramp Test manually under Workouts and it's not there. Why is Ramp test missing from my iPhone TR app?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,
It’ll be my 3rd season with trainerroad and I like it very much. Can you help me choosing correct training plan for my raicing goals?
19 May Olsztyn Olympic
09 Jun Starogard 1/4 IM
30 Jun Lidzbark 1/2 IM
14 Jul Gołdap 1/4 IM
25 Aug MrÄ…gowo 1/4 IM
08 Sep Malbork 1/2 IM

Main races are halfs on 30 Jun and 8 Sep. Shorter races are for fun, but it doesn't mean I don't want to race there ;) I think that I'll do 70.3 low volume plan from 14 Jan to event at 30 Jun and then I repeat 8 weeks of specialiy to 8 Sep? What do you think about this?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [KamilN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

Im not understanding the workouts in my calendar. For example this Saturday it has scheduled a long base run of 1:40 and also a base run of 1:05. Do this is two runs in the one day-is one supposed to be in the morning and the other in the afternoon?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [hiker726] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiker726 wrote:
Bryce,

Thanks. It is correct that Support has directed me to the legacy app and while I can pair the trainer I have been unable to download any workouts into the legacy app. Support has had me delete the file and try again but has failed multiple times.
When I open the app it looks like it is downloading the workouts. It will be downloading x out of 1967 workouts but when it gets to the end it comes back no workouts found therefore I have not been able to even load a workout to try.

I have had no response from support in close to 2 days now since I reported the workout download still fails.

I have also been trying to search and see if there is anyway to get the newer chip but I have had no luck with RacerMate out of business there does not seem to be a way to obtain.

Hey Hiker,

Ah, I understand. It sounds like you are having a pretty unique technical issue with the Legacy App, so that's pretty firmly in Support's Domain. They're the pros on these more technically challenging issues. I'm really sorry about the delay though, issues like this will likely need escalation, and our Support Leads and Test Team have weekends off which could be a contributing factor. Hang tight though, they should be getting back to you shortly :)

If you want to send me your username I can check in on the ticket and get an update for you.

As for aquiring the new chip, I am not sure how to do that with Racermate out of business. There may be a forum or two here on Slowtwitch that could provide you with some guidance.

Sorry I don't have much good news for you today :(

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
I have an iPhone. I have loaded my Low Volume Ironman base program. I first week is suppposed to have a Ramp Test. But, on my phone it doesn't have Ramp test listed under that week. I have checked workout filters and none are there. I have tried to find Ramp Test manually under Workouts and it's not there. Why is Ramp test missing from my iPhone TR app?

Hey Jayhawk!

You likely need to update your app to the latest version. Check out the App Store to see if there is an availiable update. If it turns out that you are on the latest version, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KamilN wrote:
Hi Bryce,
It’ll be my 3rd season with trainerroad and I like it very much. Can you help me choosing correct training plan for my racing goals?
19 May Olsztyn Olympic
09 Jun Starogard 1/4 IM
30 Jun Lidzbark 1/2 IM
14 Jul Gołdap 1/4 IM
25 Aug MrÄ…gowo 1/4 IM
08 Sep Malbork 1/2 IM

Main races are halfs on 30 Jun and 8 Sep. Shorter races are for fun, but it doesn't mean I don't want to race there ;) I think that I'll do 70.3 low volume plan from 14 Jan to event at 30 Jun and then I repeat 8 weeks of specialiy to 8 Sep? What do you think about this?
Thanks.

Hey there!

You have 40 Weeks until your final Half Ironman so I would recommend

HIM Base (8 Weeks)
HIM Build (8 Weeks)
HIM Specialty (8 Weeks)
HIM Build (8 Weeks)
HIM Specialty (8 Weeks)

In other words, exactly 40 weeks with a full rebuild phase :)

I hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Hi Bryce,

Im not understanding the workouts in my calendar. For example this Saturday it has scheduled a long base run of 1:40 and also a base run of 1:05. Do this is two runs in the one day-is one supposed to be in the morning and the other in the afternoon?

Go ahead and DM me your username so that I can look into this for you. It's tough to say without knowing what week you're on, what plan you're on, and how your plan is configured in your Calendar.

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
KamilN wrote:
Hi Bryce,
It’ll be my 3rd season with trainerroad and I like it very much. Can you help me choosing correct training plan for my racing goals?
19 May Olsztyn Olympic
09 Jun Starogard 1/4 IM
30 Jun Lidzbark 1/2 IM
14 Jul Gołdap 1/4 IM
25 Aug MrÄ…gowo 1/4 IM
08 Sep Malbork 1/2 IM

Thanks.

Hey there!

You have 40 Weeks until your final Half Ironman so I would recommend

HIM Base (8 Weeks)
HIM Build (8 Weeks)
HIM Specialty (8 Weeks)
HIM Build (8 Weeks)
HIM Specialty (8 Weeks)

In other words, exactly 40 weeks with a full rebuild phase :)

I hope this helps!

Yes, I have 40 weeks to my final HIM but first one is in 30 weeks. When I start 24 week plan from today first speciality phase will end on 19th May and first HIM will be at 6th week of second bulid phase. Is that the best solution? I'm now returning after longer brake and wanted to dedicate next 6 weeks to use to renew excercise habit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,
I have a question regarding the sweet spot base plan. Heading into week 3 tomorrow and "noticing" that there are no VO2max workouts in the first 6 week block. Having done a bit of vo2max work already this off season, should i worry loosing some of that top power during this block? And is there any hard in substituting one of the sweet spot workouts with a more reguler vo2max workout?
Quote Reply

Prev Next