Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
warrenpp wrote:

went to collect my p5-3 from my lbs today to
discover that the paint work is matte. They tell me that all new bike are only coming out in matte. Is that correct.

Must...

see...

photo...

NOW! Smile

+1 Definitely interested in seeing this pic......tick tock, tick tock, tick tock
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Former Fat Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a SciCon Aerocomfort Plus, you can easily pack your bike and just rotate your bars downwards. It's a great bike bag.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [magmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG! Gotta see the Matte Black Pic! Hi-Res too! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So P5's are being delivered in a new paint scheme for days now and photos have not yet hit the internet? How is this possible??????????? Smile

David, what inspired the mid-year paint changes?
Last edited by: matto: Aug 24, 12 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
So P5's are being delivered in a new paint scheme for days now and photos have not yet hit the internet? How is this possible??????????? Smile

I have no answer for this. I am baffled. We should note that the colour scheme doesn't change but the finish does.

matto wrote:
David, what inspired the mid-year paint changes?

It is faster. Faster to produce that is. Someone has speculated that we had QC issues. I guess, in a manner of speaking, that is correct. The painting and QC processes were simply taking too long.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:

I have no answer for this. I am baffled. We should note that the colour scheme doesn't change but the finish does.

So the red and white stripes remain? I assume they are matte, too?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone please post a pic....I'm dying here....

And David...Jakub says it is a "satin" finish - not matte! ;-)

Saw the bike at the IMC expo....wow - it looks even better up close and personal....

Thanks again for all your help guys - dealing with my P4....it is ready to roll!

Quote | Reply
That's right; satin, not matte.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to confirm - he did say it somewhat jokingly (I think anyway)...but he said that the finish comes out nice and that it is easier to QC....good steps....

Funny how many little things go into the production of these machines...

It was great to chat with the guys....awesome representatives!

Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
matto wrote:

I am still baffled! I thought for sure I would see it posted somewhere today. Come on guys! Dang!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the P5s are hard to get but man, that's a long wait to see that new paint finish.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [alexvpaq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the whole paint job in satin or just the black part of it?
My cervelo dealer just told me my P5 six frame set sholud be there in the middle of October. This would be 2 months befor the expexted delivery date. hehe, I belive it first when I hold it in my hands.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Johnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a P5 six on order for awhile now. This is not the first time they chaged things before I got the bike.. My P4 being a 650 bike was the last to be built. A year of waiting.they changed the graphics which turned out to be better than the first ones they built. Heres hoping the same thing happens, but I really liked the fthe gloss one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could someone please post a picture of the new paint scheme? It would be nice to see what they look like
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi smaki and everyone,

I finally got a photo.

Same colors, same decals, same design, just a satin clear coat instead of glossy.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon the suspense has been killing me !! That looks great, I really like the matte finish. I want one ......NOW !
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [prcully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon...now I am even more excited (is that possible) to get one!!

Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Same colors, same decals, same design, just a satin clear coat instead of glossy.

Looks good, no doubt. But...is it practical? More difficult to maintain this new finish? I presume one can't use traditional waxes or polishes. I'm wondering if one has to be more careful even with a regular wash to not damage the satin clear coat.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hgv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that respect the new satin finish is no different from many (the majority?) of carbon frames / bars / wheels / stems / seat posts on the market.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh...nice. I have owned a previous bike with a similar matte/satin look before. It holds up pretty well. Cleaning was not much of an issue. If you are already careful with glossy finish..you will have same result when taking care of matte/satin. Actually, I found that scratches on black glossy show up more. You only have to make sure to clean some oils/greasy stuff off. Or you will get spots of "shiny" areas. Not a big deal at all. If you are one that cleans and takes care of your bike, it will look good. If you are one that does not clean your bike with care...well, it will look the way you like it to look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

If that one on the left is my 58 P5-6 stop taking pictures of it and get it to Fitwerx in Peabody ASAP!

You only have a couple days if I'm going to show it off in Vegas.

Carl

PS My vote is for the satin finish even if it didn't make it easier for you. Looks very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [heffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am only collecting the bike later in the week. I will post the satin or matte paint work as soon as I get it home.

Warren
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Damon,

Sorry for using this thread to get your attention, but there's a thread on my TitanFlex and the P3 you might want to check out. I'd appreciate your thoughts--off-forum and unofficial--at your call.

Cheers,
Tom
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TitanFlex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like a PM would have been in order considering the topic of this thread.

Quote | Reply
the left one looks like a 51 ... I mean, I hope it's a 51...
Quote Reply

Prev Next