Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [crambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the lead times for a P5 just a week now? I was told months and likely 2013 when I asked about one at my LBS.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answer, Damon. I can see the problem with S bends - there 'only' seem to about 17 cm or so from the center of the steerer to my current Lazy-S bends start to kick up.

I think I understand what you're saying in that the base of the extensions get 'pushed' forward when using the High V configuration - but my stack and reach is not close to a High V configuration :)

Do you have any information about how production and shipments of size 51 is going?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodacre wrote:
Damon, this one goes back to my question on the Di2 shifters on the brake levers. I understand this is not compatible with the Magura brakes. If you go with standard Dura-Ace brakes, what would be the effect on aerodynamics? Would the brakes be "covered up" on the P5-6 model just like the Magura brakes, creating the same profile to the wind?

Thanks

If going with cable-actuated brakes I would try to get hold of the TRP rear brake that you get with the UCI legal frameset - I would guess it would fit under the rear brake cover (Damon can perhaps confirm if this is true).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me thinks maybe he is getting one someone else pullled out from or he is getting sno-balled
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Told them (lbs) I wanted it last week because I knew they had a couple originally ordered when introduced. But when cervelo was having trouble filling orders they called lbs and asked if they had money down on the bikes and if they didn't could they redirect their order to shops with paying customers and lbs said ok. So last week they put a call in to cervelos outside rep to see if they could get my bike. Stop back today to see what they had heard and the rep had not called them back so they called on of their contacts a Cervelo and within 15 min found out they had it in stock and was being ship out today! To be honest I was ordering it now thinking I'd be getting some time early next year. It really is like Christmas in Sept. but then again I believe it when I see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Damon! Closing in on a decision and made measurements today of arm pad stack and reach. Could fit either a 56 or 58, both with X-Lo.

Questions: 1) I would think that with all other things being equal, the 56 would be fractionally more aerodynamic than the 58 -- just less there vertically, less material, and ever so slightly shorter aerodynamic window (horizontal as well as vertical). Does that make sense?

2) I understand the arm pad stack and reach measurements, but are there other factors of bike fit that aren't accounted for by this and also important. First, I'm 6'3" and have 36 inseam. Any concern that although 56 XLo would accommodate my arm pad position, it would not accommodate the seat to pedal height that I'll need? Also, would there be a difference between 56 and 58 in terms of where I could ride in relation to the bottom bracket -- would 56 position me further back in relation to BB?

Thanks for your attention to these (perhaps overly detailed) questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, I just read something written a while ago in this thread:

"The "X-Lo" is planned to be available separately. We don't expect many will order it, as it only gets you 20mm lower than the Low and limits arm pad reach to just one position directly on top of the base bar."

Has this changed now so that X-Lo bar has adjustable reach? (Believe so but wanted to confirm.) Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM & others,

We curently have 54, 56 and 58cm sizes in stock for imediate delivery to qualified Cervelo retailers in North America. No 51s at the moment. Sorry, I don't know the expected arrival date right now.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi good & MTM,

Yes, the P5's TRP mechanical rear brake fits under the frame's BB cover. One of the design requirements for this project.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi goodacre,

You're normal. ;-) Almost everyone can fit two, sometimes three, P5 sizes.

Saddle height is nearly never an issue, since we send every frame with a super long post you cut as needed. Saddle fore & aft is a huge range too, with the full length slot in the seat post head. Virtually no one finds their limit here, assuming arm pad stack & reach fit.

Some other considerations:

• Availability: Can you get one of the sizes and not the other?
  • Base bar height: Goes up with the stem spacers.
  • Front center: Longer front center goes well with extremely far forward positions
  • Stand over clearance: Rarely a consideration for tall folks, but never hurts to check.
Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi goodacre,

Yep, that's old. The final design of the X-Low includes reach adjustment. The numbers are in the stack & reach table MTM linked above, and also found in the next to last page of the P5 White Paper here:

http://cervelo.com/...f-39946cd71205-0.pdf

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the bikes that are in stock are they P5 3's or P5 6"s? Are they 2013's or 2012's? What component set - Dra Ace or Red?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, thanks for quick response. I understand it all except "Base bar height -- goes up with stem spacers." Is this really a factor in choosing between (in my case) a 56 and 58? Because if I choose the 56 and more spacers or the 58 and a couple fewer spacers, if I find my desired stack, wouldn't the base bar height be the same in either case? Whether it's frame or spacers that prop up the base bar, it should be at the same height, right? (Or what am I missing?)

Also, is my logic right that (all other things equal, if I can make them both fit me right) the smaller frame would be slightly more aero?

Thank you once again. (And although I understand it may be normal for people to fit 2 or 3 P5 sizes, it's probably a stretch to jump to conclusion that I'm "normal" in any broader sense of the term. ;-) )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

I don't get it. Call your factory and ask when the 51 batch will be done, then talk to your finish, assembly, and QA teams for their timelines and boom, you have a known date.

Manufacturers around the globe can tell you when almost anything will come off the line, but you cannot?

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Post deleted by RobL [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,
Was hoping you could help me with an issue I am having with my p5. This is my second race where after about half way the tire started to rub on the brake cover and had to be removed. There is no rub when it is put on but it seems that after several applications of the brake the piece above the tire bends down towards the tire. Spoke about this earlier with David Byers and he sent me a replacement cover. This hasn't done the trick. Not thinking it's the tires or wheels as I don't have any problems on the trainer and it doesn't rub when initially put on the bike. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Rob L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi good,

You understand it correctly. I listed it for all the others who might be reading. I should have mentioned in your case it's not a difference, as you already suspected. :-)

For the same arm pad stack, we've not been able to measure any aero difference between the P5's frame sizes.

Ha ha, I only meant "normal" in the fitting more than one size sense. I don't know you, so I have no idea whether you're like some of my other friends - abnormal in the most fun ways? LOL!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi smaki,

Sorry to tease like that. :-) I normally don't reply to availability questions but just happened to have a conversation on a different topic with one of our sales guys who mentioned what I posted, so I mentioned it in my earlier response. Please check with your Cervelo retailer for the details.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob,

Sent you a PM.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't send PM. Here is my email. rob.lenois2@gmail.com. I have been in touch with Dave Beyers and he had no idea as well. Was going to put me in touch with someone else but haven't heard back.
It's definitely an issue with how the brake was installed or something but really want to get to the bottom of it. So any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, sorry not going to scroll through how every many pages were at now. Couple question Is the X-low available or at least will be by Jan and if I purchase the SRAM -6 version will I have any problems switching to Ultegra Di2 if it ever decides to get released?

Also major props for getting all those sizes in stock that quick, since I did give you guys a weee bit of crap about it ;). I'll probably order in jan since I only have one race left and not much of a reason to have a new bike for it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rob. Dave was probably thinking of Jakub, who also works in Cervelo Customer Service and races his P5 regularly. Jakub just got back from racing in Vegas so I'll put you guys in touch.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jack,

Of course, you're right.

Our production and delivery schedules are not a secret to us. But I'm sure you can understand why I won't go into that detail on Slowtwitch: it's read by many people around the world, some of whom work for other bike companies, some of whom live in different countries. Our production distribution details aren't public, and our distribution strategy, inventory and delivery dates vary from country to country.

So the best source of availability is still your local Cervelo retailer, wherever you are.

I apologise if this isn't satisfying.

Thanks for understanding,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Post deleted by 7summits [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,

I see your point, and my frustration lies with the fact that I put down a significant deposit on the day of the P5 announcement and was told I would get one of the very first 51s off the line (first in Texas for sure). I was told May, then Summer, then September and now it is perhaps in October. How can I not be a bit miffed at the Cervelo rep who is telling my shop those dates?? ATC is one of the best shops in the world, so I know they will be on the list of the first shops to receive P5s in all sizes, so it comes right back to the production schedule at Cervelo. Can you have a word with the rep for Texas (Austin) and have him provide some accurate details? I want to race this bike in October!

Cheers!
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next