Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon

I am getting close to ordering a P5 - one bike dealer thinks I need a 56 cm and one thinks I need a 58 cm. How can I determine what size to get?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki wrote:
Damon

I am getting close to ordering a P5 - one bike dealer thinks I need a 56 cm and one thinks I need a 58 cm. How can I determine what size to get?

Are you getting the Aduro bar, and do you currently ride a tri bike? If yes to both, look at the stack reach chart. It's super easy to figure out based on your current ride. If you fit multiple sizes you can choose either, based on which way you're likely to want to move your fit over time.

Just don't forget: the elbow pad thickness isn't included in the stack number.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm the one who really got sniped -- no one answered my f'n question. Who cares about #1000.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am planning on getting the P5 - 3 built up with Dura Ace, this has the Aura Pro bars, not the Adura bars. Does this mean I can't use the chart on Cervelo's web site? According to that chart (which is for the Adura bars) I could fit on a 54 with the High V bars, a 56 with the High V, or a 58 with the low bars. Not sure how to read it for Aura bars? My measurements were 670 for the Arm Pad Stack and 483 for the Arm Pad Reach. I currently have a TT/Tri bike - a Look 576 (size Large)( I think it is similar to a 55-56 cm frame)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodacre wrote:
I'm the one who really got sniped -- no one answered my f'n question. Who cares about #1000.

David Byer has been working with people on the issue of availability and shipping timeframes, not Damon. Try PM'ing David.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I PM David?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki wrote:
How do I PM David?

You don't have enough posts to send private messages here, but his email is in his profile: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...sername=David%20Byer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for you help - want to make sure I get the right size!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RP29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rick,

I recommend more than 10mm standover clearance, so in my opinion the 51cm would probably be a better fit for you.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi goodacre,

Sorry I didn't see your post until now- I'm technically on vacation. I would have forwarded it to Dave Byer, just as matto mentioned, since he has better visibility into that.

Greetings from Limoux, France, where the Tour de France started a few days ago!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any possibility to change the horizontal angle on my P5-Six by a few degrees ??!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mphasis wrote:
Any possibility to change the horizontal angle on my P5-Six by a few degrees ??!!

Change what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the picture tells more than thousand words:
Sorry about the quality..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than a desire to go slower...(see appendix 3, page 22 in our white paper)...why do you want to do this? I imagine 3T (with or without Cervelo's counsel) recognized the aero penalty for this "capability" just as we did with the SC9 basebar concept, and designed it out.

One possible consequence, especially with more or less horizontal handgrips, of course, is a sensation of sliding off the front of the bullhorns. Is that what you're trying to address?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this one have a replacable Der hanger or is it like the p3's?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,
an angle of about 2degrees will make it more comfortable to ride (for me), less sensation of sliding, as it did with my previous bikes.
No concerns about aero penalty knowing the times I am pedaling.... ;o)
So is there a possibility ?!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Breomonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Breomonkey,

Good question, and this is something our experiences with pro athletes and teams have helped us with a lot.

The P5's rear derailleur hanger is solid, and twice as stiff and strong as the P3's. Replaceable derailleur hangers fail more frequently, at lower loads, than solid ones, and frames often fail, too. There are several threads on this forum showing multiple cases of this. Yes, you can replace it, but all the while, a replaceable hanger's added flex gives some riders inconsistent shifting.

Look closely at the P5 hanger: the aluminum is twice as thick in front of the derailleur threads, a full millimeter thicker laterally and the side view profile includes a larger radius transition curve. This is a tough hanger that contributes to perfect shifting on every ride and will last until your bike sees an extraodinarily violent overload, usually "forever".

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi mphasis,

Carl's right about the aero effects, but there is a simple solution: Get some epoxy putty (the "wood" type is lightest) and form any slope or shape you want on top of your handgrip. Then wrap with handelbar tape as usual.

The Cervelo TestTeam's head mechanic, Alejandro Torralbo, did this on Fabian's Ventus bars back in the CSC days. There was a photo somewhere (on cycling news?). If I had a faster connection (on vacation) I'd be able to find it. :-(

Maybe some one with mad google skilz can find a photo...?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea but I would like to change angle of the whole Aduro handle bar
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David,

My shop (Fitwerx, Peabody) is still working hard to get my P5-6, size 58 which was probably the first one ordered with a full deposit way back at the introduction. If you can get it shipped in the next couple of weeks I promise to bring it to the Vegas HIM Worlds and show it off to everyone in transition as the finest thing on the planet.

You really should get a bunch of them sprinkled into that transition area for marketing purposes. :-)

Carl

A 52 year old age grouper who needs all the equipment help I can get.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [heffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

We'll do our best. Thanks for the offer to show it off.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I just got a problem. According to the last positioning results my stack is 597mm and my reach from the end of the seat to the end of the extentions (where the shifters are located) is 730mm. The seat position was UCI conform with 5cm behind the centre of the bottom bracket.
I do not realy understand why the arm pad reach is measured from the centre of the bottom bracket? That way it will change depending on the seat position. Anyway, I also measured the arm pad reach from the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of the arm pad support plate. With the UCI conform position this was only 400mm (!). If I shift the sattle 5cm towards front the reach should be 450mm, but as I already mentioned it would change every time I change the position of the sattle. I am 173cm "tall"
According to the data obtained I was going to order a 51 frame with low handle bar.

Second question: when I am going to adjust the stack what kind of spacers do I have to use (for the handle bar or for the arm pads)?

I guess these are some stupid questions, but I would love to avoid ordering the wrong size of the frame.
Can anybody help?
Quote Reply

Prev Next