Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was quick. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndresLD wrote:
Here's the link for spec. 56's are spec'd out with 172.5.

Where do you see 172.5? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the crank length depends on the batch.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
AndresLD wrote:

Here's the link for spec. 56's are spec'd out with 172.5.

Where do you see 172.5? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the crank length depends on the batch.

It's just the way they've spec'd bikes in the past, 56 cervelo's come with 172.5 cranks. However you are right in that it can change. You'll see at the bottom it says spec is subject to change without notice (though typically length of crank stays the same) so you may receive a P5 6 with a compact FSA SLK-Light.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,

When with the X-LO bars be available? The difference between the Low and X-LO is a top mounting the extension point vs a bottom mounting point right?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [veryoriginal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veryoriginal wrote:

When with the X-LO bars be available?

These are in production. Based on typical lead times, we are targeting late July.

veryoriginal wrote:

The difference between the Low and X-LO is a top mounting the extension point vs a bottom mounting point right?

Yes, along with a lower stack at the arm pad.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Raabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torhans Aero 30 seems to work pretty well with the P5. Was a bit stumped on where to mount the Edge 500 with the water bottle torpedo mount so I tried the Torhans bottle from another bike with the Aero Tray option. Seems to work well. Will see in the morning how it rides.

Last edited by: Raabs: Jun 15, 12 21:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Direct quote from a German Cervelo dealer: "It seems that Cervélo just have started with the production to have the P5 disposable for the next bike season (which is always starting in September for the year coming)"

So it seems Europe is shafted for this season. I wonder what the current reality is in the US market?

If a US dealer wants a premium+ price for a size 56 or 58 Tri-6 frame set, feel free to PM me. :)
Last edited by: hgv: Jun 22, 12 5:05
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hgv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Madison B2B site is saying first UK shipments 27-Jul-12.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raabs wrote:
Torhans Aero 30 seems to work pretty well with the P5.

Why would you go that route when a torpedo mounted round bottle has been shown to be faster?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because for many, drinking from a straw will be safer and quicker than drinking from a bottle. and you dont have to lose your aero position for it.

now, dont go think i would even think of going that way.....but been able to afford a p5 should not be correlated with superior handling skills ;) we will see a lot of p5 supercharged with bottles, spares, aero bottles, bento box etc........ like we will see lots of other superbikes that arent so super after the owners modify them from the stock form.....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drinking from a straw isn't much different than drinking from a bottle - you don't have to lose your aero position. I've been using both.

"but been able to afford a p5 should not be correlated with superior handling skills ;) we will see a lot of p5 supercharged with bottles, spares, aero bottles, bento box etc........ like we will see lots of other superbikes that arent so super after the owners modify them from the stock form..... "

big statement for somebody that apparently can't afford a p5 ;-) Different situations require different solutions. During long training rides, it's nice to have more drink capacity and to be able to just dump another bottle in the aero 30 > yes, it is a bit more comfy on those long days.

Same goes for food and other stuff during training. It takes about 30 seconds to switch to the torpedo bottle for racing. The Aero 30 tray also provides a nice place to mount the Edge 500 > With the s-bends and a torpedo bottle, there is limited space to mount a computer. I'm working on a computer mount that will work well with an aero bottle.
Last edited by: Raabs: Jun 22, 12 7:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raabs,

i hope i didnt come across as making fun of you. My post was not realted to you in anyway. I agree that it is everyone decision to go with there favorite set up. I wont juge anyone on this. and you are 100% right that there is no chance i could afford any of the superbikes. and i think you got yourself one very nice machine and hope you enjoy it very much!

and for the record, i do beleive thew torhans is a amazing product, and as improve aerodynamic of many bike that have less than optimal front end......

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo - No worries! I was just pullin your chain back a little. Gottcha! :-))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
Raabs,

i hope i didnt come across as making fun of you. My post was not realted to you in anyway. I agree that it is everyone decision to go with there favorite set up. I wont juge anyone on this. and you are 100% right that there is no chance i could afford any of the superbikes. and i think you got yourself one very nice machine and hope you enjoy it very much!

and for the record, i do beleive thew torhans is a amazing product, and as improve aerodynamic of many bike that have less than optimal front end......

Thank you! BTW, the new AeroBento box we have for the P5 is pretty slick. Will decrease drag and not increase. The Aero 30 tested only 1 gram of drag slower than having a Torpedo mount (averaged through 0-15 yaw). We do plan on conducting another wind tunnel test soon and will try to replicate the test Cervelo did, at least for one of the runs, and test a lot of other products that will compliment the P5.

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished 37 seconds behind Alex Rasmussen in the 39k TT nationals yesterday (link). He was on a P5, I was still on a P3. What would that margin have been if I had gotten my P5...?

Any news on European delivery, especially the Nordic conutries where there is currently no Cervélo distributor at all at the moment? Basically, what's going on, I can't get any information regarding Cervélo deliveries at all after having waited 6 months for a bike :(
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately Fuglsang was a good deal faster than Rasmussen yesterday, but I would have been more than happy to just beat Rasmussen ;)

P3 with Pro Missile bars vs. P5 with Aduro - got to be at least half of the time difference hidden there. But hey, what's a man to do with no other P5's on the continent than the ones belonging to Garmin riders... :-/

Seriously, if I would have known I still wouldn't have a delivery date or anything resembling one 6 months in I would have just gotten a P4....
Last edited by: MTM: Jun 22, 12 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Unfortunately Fuglsang was a good deal faster than Rasmussen yesterday, but I would have been more than happy to just beat Rasmussen ;)

P3 with Pro Missile bars vs. P5 with Aduro - got to be at least half of the time difference hidden there. But hey, what's a man to do with no other P5's on the continent than the ones belonging to Garmin riders... :-/

you find one of this slimy garmin riders and you borrow his bike!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
MTM wrote:

you find one of this slimy garmin riders and you borrow his bike!

Yeah, those Garmin riders aren't good at TT'ing anyway, why should they have the cool bikes?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon - With Zipp 808's on the P5 (wide rims) the front brake covers are nicely closed when no braking is being applied. With a set of training wheels - I installed a set of mavic kysriums that I had - and the front brake adjusted for the thinner rim, the brake covers have a fairly wide gap. In this situation, is the program to put a washer/spacer under the brake pad mount?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hans - can you post a pic of the latest iteration of the bento box? Would love to test one in real life for you :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Raabs,

Yes, spacers are always an option.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parts are waiting :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave any idea on pricing for the extra lows?
ESP after dropping a few large for the standard setup

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

I need to buy a bike travel case which will soon be for my prized new 58 P5 six with the high V aerobar. I cannot imagine going softcase but I was wondering what you at Cervelo use and/or recommend for the safest travel. I'm not as concerned about airline costs as I am about bike safety.

Carl
Quote Reply

Prev Next