Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry,not sure on that. I can see the part numbers but no pictures or description.

My guess would be yes, I doubt they are still selling the older one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wescadle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wescadle wrote:
Dear Carl and fellow Twitchers,

Im thinking of placing an order from my LBS, but since this will be my FIRST tt bike and i dont have much experience about it, I really would appreciate if i could get some help/assistance.

Below are my stats. (Please bear in mind, this fittings was done on a M size Trek Speed Concept 2 Series bike, since they dont have the 9 series in stock)

Pad Reach = 425mm
Pad Stack = 635mm
Base Bar Reach = 635mm
Base Bar Stack = 565mm
Saddle Height = 755mm

Based on the above, what size frame & stem should I get? Apart from that, is there anything else i need to know before placing an order?

My local trek dealer, thinks that I should get a Medium with 60/45 stem.

Cheers.

anybody can help? further info, im 182cm tall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wescadle wrote:
Dear Carl and fellow Twitchers,

Im thinking of placing an order from my LBS, but since this will be my FIRST tt bike and i dont have much experience about it, I really would appreciate if i could get some help/assistance.

Below are my stats. (Please bear in mind, this fittings was done on a M size Trek Speed Concept 2 Series bike, since they dont have the 9 series in stock)

Pad Reach = 425mm
Pad Stack = 635mm
Base Bar Reach = 635mm
Base Bar Stack = 565mm
Saddle Height = 755mm

Based on the above, what size frame & stem should I get? Apart from that, is there anything else i need to know before placing an order?

My local trek dealer, thinks that I should get a Medium with 60/45 stem.

Cheers.

Based on the Trek Sizing Chart Geometry, your stats indicates that you are good on a Medium with a 60/45 stem. Here is why:
- Your APR is 425, and the chart indicates that you can achieve a 428 (give or take 3 to 5 cm forward or backward).
- Your APS is 635, and the chart indicates a range adjustable between 620 to a 675. You are right smack in the center of that.
- Your BBR is 635, and the chart shows a 633 (this can only be adjusted with a change of stem)
- Your BBS is 565, and the chart shows a 575, which is only 1 cm higher. You won't notice this difference.

The most important stat, in my opinion, is the APR which is where your arms will rest during those long rides. The SC APR is quite adjustable so you should be good on the 60 / 45 and a medium. I am not a fit expert but I have ridden long enough on my SC and studied the possible Stack and Reaches on it as well. At the end of the day, with such an expensive bike, your LBS should be willing to work with you on this.

One thing I am wondering is your saddle height. At 5'11 you are a 1.5 inches taller than me and my saddle height is as high as yours. Perhaps your saddle is too low?

Good luck.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Last edited by: paxfobiscum: Jan 16, 11 3:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanx Paul, appreciate your input.

I take note of comments (eps. my saddle heights) and will discuss further with my LBS.

great stuffs !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The stats I quoted are all for the SC 9 series. It will be different for the 2 series as those do not use the Bont Aerobars and stem. Tell the LBS you would like to be sized on a 9 (if that is what you want to purchase from them.)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pax, Can you look at my measurements above a few posts and give me your opinion if you don't mind? On sizing for me.
The seat post height in treks fit guide is what? where the clamp to rails is? Or the height of their stock seat?

Any advice for me?

Cheers

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Would you have any recommendations on frame size and/or stem sizes for me?

I'm trying to figure out the proper stem set up for my speed concept frameset, I'm coming from a felt B2 60cm where I feel a little stretched out and the aerobar is a little high for my liking. I'm very flexible and can get quite low when i'm not stretched out and comfortable. Here are my measurements-

Elbow pad stack-686mm
Elbow pad reach- 495mm
Base bar stack-667mm
Base bar reach-647mm(end of basebar right before brake lever starts or 660 mm to end of brake lever)
Saddle Height- 864mm(top of adamo race seat-slightly forward of center of rails)
- 813mm(to center of saddle rails)
Saddle setback= -22.9 mm( I like to ride very steep, approx 79.5-81)(This is on an adamo race seat)

I'm using the stock Felt aerobar currently thats sitting 22mm above the base bar. Extensions are 10 cm apart.

I'm really hoping to be a little lower and not so stretched out on the new setup than the Felt B2 as I never really was a 100% comfortable.

Please give me some suggestions on Stems, Seat post clamps and I assumed frame size of XL due to my current seat height.

Thanks to any who can add input/feedback.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:

One thing I am wondering is your saddle height. At 5'11 you are a 1.5 inches taller than me and my saddle height is as high as yours. Perhaps your saddle is too low?

Good luck.

You may need ot factor in differences in leg/torso lenghts from one rider to hte next. My LBS when doing my fit "by the numbers" had my seat set WAYYY too low and I kept raising a 1/2 dozen times. Much hugher than he expected. Then again, they also had me in a relatively conservative aero position. I guess I'm more flexible that he expected because I've installed a shorter stem and taken out 1" of spacers.

I'm startign to this my LBS isn't all that great at bike fit, or is too used to more "recreational" cyclists that complain about having too much weight on their hands.

The also might have been using the postion on my previous bike as a baseline. But it was a conventional, relaxed geometry road bike with a set of clip-ons and no forward seat post, so standard seat tube angle. I was VERY stretched out. It's been a huge adjustment on the SC.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I guess i have to wait to the February 10th. What is the price?

René
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOW&STEADY wrote:
Pax, Can you look at my measurements above a few posts and give me your opinion if you don't mind? On sizing for me.
The seat post height in treks fit guide is what? where the clamp to rails is? Or the height of their stock seat?

Any advice for me?

Cheers

OK, but give me up to this afternoon. I am not too familiar with the large / XL frames so I will have to study the geometry for those sizes.

P.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, no worries. Thanks Paul I appreciate you taking the time to help me out, I will be ordering my frameset this week sometime so I'm just trying to figure things out.

Once again, I appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Cheers

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Hello, I have two questions and was hoping you could help. Does the 7 series Speed Concept have replaceable derailleur hangars on the front and rear derailleur? Also,reagrding size, I traditionally have used a medium TTX 9.9, a 56cm P2, and am 6' with a 32 3/4 inseam, my saddle height is 775mm and I have a longish upper torso. I can't test ride the bikes locally, but what size would you recommend based on that info?
Thanks, Adam
Last edited by: albush1: Jan 16, 11 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Thanks for all your contributions to this thread. AMAZING.

My Q: After looking at the white paper, it looks as though the SC 7 series is close to being tied with the TTX. Can't compare apples/apples, but comparing the TTX to the Speed Concept prototype, then comparing the TCT to the SC9...the gaps look very close across all wind angles. Looking at two different graphs, and I realize that there may have been some changes in the final SC 9 compared to the test bike that is in the graph with the TTX. So, my Q is this, has the SC 7 been tested against the TTX? Is the 7 faster, or can you at least draw a conclusion that it is faster based on all the data you have seen? Any idea how much faster?

Thanks again!

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Stems......Does anyone currently run the 50/10 stem or have any pics of it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Speedracer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully swapping out my current 60/45 for a 50/10 later this week, will post pics if someone doesn't do it first.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what am I doing. I am just hoping it isn't the stem that'on Heather Jackson's SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl provided me with this in an earlier posting:

Speed Concept Stems

Stems are pictured by size from left to right. They do look weird when off the bike :)

50/10 100/10 60/45 100/45 80/75 110/75
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The stem on Heather Jackson's bike is the 100/10. The 50/10 has the same height, just doesn't stick as far off the front of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What stem is on your SC? I just saw your pics on page 28.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stefan, did your replacement stem come in yet and if so, how's the fit now?

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately no! Stay tuned!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p.s. Anf if my bike is going to wind up looking like Heather Jackson's bike, I don't want it. It looks like you don't even have a stem. They can just give me a small frame and my 60/45 stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is the 100/10. To me, it looks the slickest of the different stems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's strange. Your's actually looks as though you still have a stem. Heather Jackson's bike looks like the top tube runs directly in to the bull horns. Your bike is hot and hers is not. Your's doesn't look like it runs in to the bull horns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know she has custom handlebars so she can get low enough, that could have something to do with the look.
Quote Reply

Prev Next