Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Speedracer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. I suspect that Torhans bottle might be perfect for a bike that pretty. Not telling you what to do though!

Yeah, it's funny here. I've lurked for a long time, but just enjoy the heck out of that bike. I just got a new bike, lil cheapy...C'dale Slice, and although it won't go anywhere near as fast as the superbikes, I'm hoping we can hop along ok...

Have fun training!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do your thing man, we are not telling you what to do or not to do. All we are saying is that you are destroying the aero advantage you HAD with that bike. You may be a very talented athlete and can bust a fast bike split, but know that it could be a little faster :). So quit being a sally and getting butt hurt.

stop being this guy http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
Last edited by: Socalbeachbum: Jan 10, 11 22:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am trying to turn pro and I am not just IM'ing for the sake of just finishing. My goal for IM Louisville in 2011 is 9:15!

What's your name? I'd like to follow your progress.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with the Speedfil as opposed to a aero bottle between the extensions? I received one for Christmas, but I am still wait delivery of my Speed Concept so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It seems like it will be pretty good based on its width, although like I said I haven't been able to compare it to the SC yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wilkejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had one Speedfil installation experience with a customer's bike (medium 9-series). It was challenging. The combination of downtube bottle boss location in the frame and the slots in the Speedfil bracket resulted in the bottle's mouth running far enough up into the HT-DT joint that there was some interference when trying to get the bottle mounted in the bracket. We got it to fit, but it wasn't easy. Don't see how it would work at all on a Small or XS.

Don't know if I was dealing with an earlier design that what you got for Christmas, but it also seemed quite wide compared to the back of the Kammtail...which at the trailing edge is about 23mm.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a P1 9 Series on the way – 30 – 45 days.

Is there any problem using a rear Hed Jet Disc and any of the Jet front wheels? A search of this thread suggests the Jet disc in the rear will be OK, but there might be problems for a Hed Stinger 9 in front. Any experience with the Jet series?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [PSJoyce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jets have a 23mm rim width if memory serves (and if their website info is current), so no problem front or rear.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Carl,

Your generous help sure makes the purchase process easier!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl! Mine is an XL, so maybe the space won't be an issue. I will put it on and see how the width looks, the bottle is definitely wider than 23 mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Originally I had the 60/45 stem, but Trek is sending me a 50/10 that will be here Thursday. I am what you call a tweener when it comes to frame size. I can use a small or a Med. My current frame is a Med. I need the 50/10 to give me a little more drop.
Last edited by: Speedracer1: Jan 11, 11 18:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I'm sure this question is here somewhere, but I really just can't find it. I just got a SC 7.2, what's up with the little rubber cap on the top tube that holds the cables in place as they go into the frame. This little thing will not stay put no matter how hard I push it in. Any suggestions? Thanks. I can try and send a pic if necessary. -Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [csukitay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to take mine to the Trek Store here in Clearwater. Mine is on there good now. Try not to put it on at the base. Go just a hair above and then slide it down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Hope you can help me, I have a big issue with my SC. I just picked up my new SC last week (I purchased the frameset only) from my local Trek store and this morning on my third ride and at the moment of crossing a little hill and shifting back to the little chainring, the chain jump into the frame, hoop up with cranks and cause a rub (paint scratch) of one inch long on the frame and also a bend of the plate behind the cranks. I'm very disappointed for this damage even when it looks a cosmetic issue only (or maybe its a structural damage because of the plate bend), I'm not satisfied with service and assembly of this Trek dealer (also I had to wait for 3 months for the frame to arrive) and because a week old frameset just got a huge depreciation of its value after this damage.

What do you think of my case? Am I doing right to think there was a bad installation procedure from my Trek Dealer?, what are my options? Can I apply/ask for a warranty cover. In that case, will I get a cosmetic fix, structural fix, a new frameset? Will I have to wait another 3 months without a bike to get this done?

Please forgive my frustration... I just got sentimental with my SC. Please advise me.
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by: Guillermo D.: Jan 12, 11 6:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Socalbeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Socalbeachbum wrote:
About to order a sc, but curious how you all got fit on one if they aren't in shops and no real stack and reach yet. I'm currently riding an xl transition and a 56 da. I'm 5'11. Who fit you on your sc and how did you decide on size?

I think I read somewhere in this plethora of posts on the SC that you ordered in a large SC and after a week or so you found that you needed an extra-large. Even though all you provided was your height of 5'11", I find it difficult to picture someone of your height on an extra large SC. How is this possible? What was the fitting methodology that was used to put you on an extra large?

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2011 Speed concept! I was wondering if anyone knew what changes were made from the 2010 production model to the 2011 production model?A few other questions are-

1. Will the draft boxes be available in different sizes ever to match up flush with each frame sizes top tube? or diff colors?
2. If I order a speed concept now will it come with a UCI legal aerobar and seatpost? If not whats the eta on this?
3. Is the special seat post clamp or uci legal seatpost available now to order as a part?
4. I heard you can order project 1 framesets in the 9 series now? Is this true?
5. Are the speed boxs/bento boxes available in different sizes or colours? Or will this be offered in the future?
6. Would it be advisable to install a barrel adjuster for the rear brake to deal with swapping wide wheels/narrow? If so where would one install this so its easily accesible?

Thanks for all your advice and input in this crazy, super long, never ending thread!!!

Cheers

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe there was a 2010 production model (there were certainly prototypes and all that). All the SC's have been the 2011 model.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuintanaRooster wrote:
Socalbeachbum wrote:
About to order a sc, but curious how you all got fit on one if they aren't in shops and no real stack and reach yet. I'm currently riding an xl transition and a 56 da. I'm 5'11. Who fit you on your sc and how did you decide on size?

I think I read somewhere in this plethora of posts on the SC that you ordered in a large SC and after a week or so you found that you needed an extra-large. Even though all you provided was your height of 5'11", I find it difficult to picture someone of your height on an extra large SC. How is this possible? What was the fitting methodology that was used to put you on an extra large?

I just had a professional fitting done over the weekend with video/computer analysis and the whole nine yards. The shop is a Trek dealer and I asked what size SC would fit me best. I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam. I'd say I'm slightly longer in the legs than I'm in the torso with stack and reach numbers backing that up (I'm waiting for the report, otherwise I'd tell you the exact number). She said I was a tweener for the L or M size, leaning more towards L. I had some characteristics that fit L and some that fit M. XL was never, ever mentioned. I also don't see how anyone my height (or shorter) could fit properly on a XL. I understand that we're all made differently but let's say you had longer legs or a longer torso than me. For one, they'd have to be a hell of a lot longer to fit a XL but it would also mean that the other (leg or torso) would be much shorter and that would cause all kinds of fit issues.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GMAN 19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was fit by the man himself jt Lyons, him dan and Jordan are the only fist instructors. The xl isn't that big. I ride very steep. A lot steeper than most, which shortens the top tube. I fit very nicely on the xl. 100/10 stem no spacers 17cm of drop and lots of seatpost showing. Inseam and height are irrelavent. Look at my profile pics of my xl transition, that's exactly how my sc is set up.

What is the video analysis fitcmethod ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny too that my stack and reach numbers suggest the xl speed concept and 58 felt are my two best matches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you are upgrading from a Transition to the SC?, nice. You will have to let everyone know how much faster, stiffer, etc. this bike is compared to the other one.

Socalbeachbum wrote:
I was fit by the man himself jt Lyons, him dan and Jordan are the only fist instructors. The xl isn't that big. I ride very steep. A lot steeper than most, which shortens the top tube. I fit very nicely on the xl. 100/10 stem no spacers 17cm of drop and lots of seatpost showing. Inseam and height are irrelavent. Look at my profile pics of my xl transition, that's exactly how my sc is set up.

What is the video analysis fitcmethod ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) One size for all frames. Currently available in black or white (latter via a decal kit). The more people who send color-coordination feedback to our P1 shop, the more likely the color range expands.
2) UCI-legal posts and bar not intended for stock bikes at this time...might come to P1 as options but I don't know for sure. ETA still TBD, but two pro teams do have a way of keeping us moving quickly on it :-)
3) No, see above
4) Yes.
5) No. No plans at present to expand that line, but see #1 re: feedback.
6) No place to put one for a completely internal 9-series setup. Might be possible to cobble something together if you were externally routed in front as with the steer-stub and your aerobar of choice. Have to admit the SRAM TT990 is an interesting potential solution along these lines...clean, if not exactly capable of "on the fly" adjustment.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl for the awesome feedback on this thread!

What do i need to buy/order to be able to use an aftermarket aerobar on my P1 9 series frameset? I want to use the Brezza II aerobar on my new setup. Is their a special stem or adapter that allows me to run an aftermarket aerobar of my choice?

Thanks

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9-series comes with the steer-stub adapter and the external-cable toptube grommet. You supply the bar and stem.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried sliding in the top tube grommet. The smaller end seems to stay in, but the larger end near the stem pops out and leaves an exposed opening.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [csukitay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really need to apply pressure at the corners of the grommet. This is best achieved by pinching the cable cover and using an allen wrench to apply the pressure downward. Pretty easy once you figure it out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next