Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [csukitay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Adam...sorry for the delay, this got by me at first...

A lot of the issue -in my experience- can be traced to having over-long housing coming back out of the bar and forcing a reverse bend as everything dives into the toptube and then along the downtube. This can be simply the result of original installation, or from moving the OE setup back (sliding the extensions back through their clamps to bring the hand position closer to the basebar...those stock S-bends a reeeeally long IMHO, and yes I've made a small stink about it). With that info, take a look at your rig (or PM me a pic) and see if it makes sense.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Guillermo D.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say whether or not an installation issue is the root cause, and projecting that into warranty questions is premature...this is something that needs first-hand eyes-on attention and discussion beginning with your LBS. Our customer service team is your next step after that.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Guillermo D.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guillermo D. wrote:
Hi Carl,

Hope you can help me, I have a big issue with my SC. I just picked up my new SC last week (I purchased the frameset only) from my local Trek store and this morning on my third ride and at the moment of crossing a little hill and shifting back to the little chainring, the chain jump into the frame, hoop up with cranks and cause a rub (paint scratch) of one inch long on the frame and also a bend of the plate behind the cranks. I'm very disappointed for this damage even when it looks a cosmetic issue only (or maybe its a structural damage because of the plate bend), I'm not satisfied with service and assembly of this Trek dealer (also I had to wait for 3 months for the frame to arrive) and because a week old frameset just got a huge depreciation of its value after this damage.

What do you think of my case? Am I doing right to think there was a bad installation procedure from my Trek Dealer?, what are my options? Can I apply/ask for a warranty cover. In that case, will I get a cosmetic fix, structural fix, a new frameset? Will I have to wait another 3 months without a bike to get this done?

Please forgive my frustration... I just got sentimental with my SC. Please advise me.
Thanks a lot!

Just curious.....

You bought the frameset only so who built and assembled your bike? What front derrailleur and crankset did they use? Did they use new parts, or your own parts? Who did the final adjustment on the front derrailleur? You or the shop mechanic? What do you mean by "plate"? It might be best for you to look at the Warranty info in the Trek website. Whatever you read there will give some clarity to your case with regard to Warranty from Trek.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Keith D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go ahead and read all 48 (now 49) pages. It's worth it if only for the pictures... you'll be buying one asap!

Quote | Reply
Well I can finally post a pic of the SC 9.9 in the process of getting built, Di2 internal cabling to do, front and rear brake setup and running gear. It certainally is an "interesting" experience to work on this bike. Apologies for the size of the image, first time I have uploaded pics.

Last edited by: Grim: Jan 14, 11 22:11
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl and fellow Twitchers,

Im thinking of placing an order from my LBS, but since this will be my FIRST tt bike and i dont have much experience about it, I really would appreciate if i could get some help/assistance.

Below are my stats. (Please bear in mind, this fittings was done on a M size Trek Speed Concept 2 Series bike, since they dont have the 9 series in stock)

Pad Reach = 425mm
Pad Stack = 635mm
Base Bar Reach = 635mm
Base Bar Stack = 565mm
Saddle Height = 755mm

Based on the above, what size frame & stem should I get? Apart from that, is there anything else i need to know before placing an order?

My local trek dealer, thinks that I should get a Medium with 60/45 stem.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl and Speed concept gurus!

I'm trying to figure out the proper stem set up for my speed concept frameset, I'm coming from a felt B2 60cm where I feel a little stretched out and the aerobar is a little high for my liking. I'm very flexible and can get quite low ahen i'm not stretched out and comfortable. Here are my measurements-

Elbow pad stack-686mm
Elbow pad reach- 495mm
Base bar stack-667mm
Base bar reach-647mm(end of basebar right before brake lever starts or 660 mm to end of brake lever)
Saddle Height- 864mm(top of adamo race seat-slightly forward of center of rails)

Saddle setback= -22.9 mm( I like to ride very steep, approx 79.5-81)(This is on an adamo race seat)

I'm really hoping to be a little lower and not so stretched out on the new setup than the Felt B2 as I never really was a 100% comfortable.

Please give me some suggestions on Stems, Seat post clamps and I assumed frame size of XL due to my current seat height.

Thanks to any who can add input/feedback.

Cheers

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grim---nice looking bike!! So are you building it with Di2 yourself? And what size is that---just trying to figure out the box/top tube alignment on the different sizes---I know what Carl posted but pictures sure help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where to begin? are the metrics below off of your b2, and you're wondering what speed concept set up you should get? i must assume you haven't read either this or this article. after reading these, a couple of things should become apparent as why we need some more information.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These measurements are off my B2R 2009. I thought those were what I needed but I guess i'll go back to the drawing board or do some more reading. My felt is a 2009 60cm B2R with stock aerobars. If anyone can help me figure this out I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the devox aerobars as low as possible with the stock extensions and stock felt basebar. If this helps

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOW&STEADY wrote:
These measurements are off my B2R 2009. I thought those were what I needed but I guess i'll go back to the drawing board or do some more reading. My felt is a 2009 60cm B2R with stock aerobars. If anyone can help me figure this out I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

If you are truly uncomfortable on your current B2 then I would not be using the fit metrics off of the B2 to establish your Speed Concept size. I would find a Trek shop that has a good fitter and has both the large and extra large in stock that he could set you up to. I recently took this approach and it worked out quite well and I left the shop poorer but without any second guessing or uncertainty on size. Good luck.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I just checked my B2 and my extensions are 10cm apart using the stock basebar and extensions! I'm using the 95 mm stem at 40 degree angle. My armpads are abput 22 mm above the center of the basebar. The bike feels ok but I feel a little stretched out and would prefer to be a little lower but when I went lower on the felt that also meant extending my arm pad reach which I didn't want to do so thats why I'm a little higher than I wanted. With these numbers now could you make a recommendation of stem size and frame size for me?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl. I agree the s-bends are rather long and we did push them back a little. I was thinking the same thing that the cable housing is pushing the grommet so that it popped out. I was able to solve the issue with the help of one of the other comments as well. I squeezed the sides and stuffed the piece in at the center using a carefully placed flat head screw driver. seemed to do the trick. Funny part is going to the bike shop the other day, every SC in there had the same problem. depending on my mood I may let them in on the secret, but it does look kind of bad on a show room floor to have every bike with this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [csukitay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a pair of ski bends from the 9 series for sale?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [RFDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the ski bends from the TTX 9 series for sale. They are the extensions that are sold on the Bonty XXX Bars.

Let me know if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by paxfobiscum [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [RFDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFDK wrote:
Does anyone have a pair of ski bends from the 9 series for sale?

I will on February 10th. Not sure if you can wait that long, but if so, PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PN 406923.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Fabian's a new owner:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drewmc3656 wrote:
PN 406923.

Thanks.

(Sorry Carl, I just had a brain fart and realized you sent it to me too. Any news on the brake wedge PN?)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Skippy, work in progress, thought it would be a fun project to build up the bike myself, managed to pick up the Di2 TT upgrade kit for around $1600AUD shopping around during the Christmas online sales. Waiting on the EW-7975 internal cables, BB cover with the Di2 battery mount and front brake wedge to arrive next week. Set of Zipp 808 Tubs to finish it off at the end of the month, using the 404 clinchers with wheelcover in the meantime. Its a Small Frame and I'm using the 60/45 stem which came standard but I am switching to 50/10 (302464) to get a steeper angle once my Adamo saddle arrives. I'll throw up another pic once its done. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front wedge PN 419734
Rear wedge PN 419735
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Speedracer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basebar adapter to use other aerobars for your information.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drewmc3656 wrote:
Front wedge PN 419734
Rear wedge PN 419735

Hi D3656,

Is the rear wedge the newer one with the wider triangle base? I have the original one but Carl mentioned there is a "retrofit" for better rear brake.
Let me know.
Thanks.

Quote Reply

Prev Next