Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by IronKelowna [ In reply to ]
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [IronKelowna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronKelowna wrote:
Happy Holidays Eric -

I am new to this forum - all tri forums, in fact - and perhaps I had a misstep in how I posted but I submitted a post Dec. 14 and am hoping you can advise re: bike fit. It appears you may have skipped over it. Please let me know if I need to provide something more / different. Thanks in advance. Signed - Newbie

Hi, and welcome! Thanks for reaching out. I’ll scroll back and respond.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [IronKelowna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronKelowna wrote:
I currently ride a 58cm P2 quite comfortably, though I was professionally fit and had to replace original stem and play with configuration. I am competing at IM distance, and want to get a bit lower. I’m quite flexible though have a long neck. I am 6’3.5” and proportional upper / bottom.

My 2018 numbers from a professional fit follow and I have since changed slightly just to get a little lower / more aero on the bars.

Arm pad stack: 709mm (about 703mm now)
Arm pad reach to back of pad: 434mm
Arm pad width: 212mm

I would very sincerely appreciate your opinion. While I am looking Cervelo P-series (assume 58cm), I am really asking for help re: P3X and whether I would be XL or could fit the large as I have my eye on one for sale now.

DC -

Here we go, found it.

If you come down to 700mm pad stack you can make a size L PX work with the mono riser at max extension and the pads in the +30 position. If you absolutely must stay at 709mm you’ll need the XL.

I’d need it to some deeper thinking on how that would look, feel, and ride but you are definitely in the window of use cases for the size L.

Make sense?

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much and I think you are saying that I could “squeeze” into the large but really the XL is the size for me? I am unclear about what it means for pads to be in the +30 position but can likely figure it out. Notwithstanding, it means I will likely end up with P-series instead of used P3x. Would you still see me in 58cm or the XL of the P-Series.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks for your help! Pad x (reach)=429mm Pad y (stack)=655mm pad center to center =225mm. Looking at the new Cervelo P-series. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronKelowna wrote:
Thanks so much and I think you are saying that I could “squeeze” into the large but really the XL is the size for me? I am unclear about what it means for pads to be in the +30 position but can likely figure it out. Notwithstanding, it means I will likely end up with P-series instead of used P3x. Would you still see me in 58cm or the XL of the P-Series.

Yes the XL is your size but you could make an L work.

For the P-Series, it's very adjustable and a 58cm would work.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [cfmini32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cfmini32 wrote:
Hey thanks for your help! Pad x (reach)=429mm Pad y (stack)=655mm pad center to center =225mm. Looking at the new Cervelo P-series. Thanks!

hi, thanks for reaching out.

With a pad stack of 655mm and a pad reach of 429mm you are in the upper left (upright) quadrant of a size 54cm P-Series. You would have plenty of room to get longer and lower if need be from there.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have an opportunity to secure either a size 51 or 54 Cervelo p5 new Frameset 2022. My first TT bike fit is on 19 Jan 2022, so I’d need to wait until then and possibly miss out on the opportunity.

I’ll do the bike fit anyway, but I’d like to understand if I can infer the Cervelo p5 correct size for me so I can secure the Frameset in the meantime.

I currently ride a size 53 pinarello dogma f12 disc road bike.

Frame Reach 383.3
Frame Stack 542.6

Body measurements:
Height: 175.5cm
Inseam: 83cm

I’m new to TT so I will need to ensure there’s enough adjustability with the cockpit and various parts of the bike to “play around” with the fit and get more aggressive with time. Hence I’d like a frame that allows me to do that.

Maybe a too aggressive frame size to begin with might be too much, hence why I’m not too sure on size 51 Cervelo p5. I don’t have enough experience though, so I don’t know.

Any help? Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Luca1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luca1991 wrote:
Hi,

I have an opportunity to secure either a size 51 or 54 Cervelo p5 new Frameset 2022. My first TT bike fit is on 19 Jan 2022, so I’d need to wait until then and possibly miss out on the opportunity.

I’ll do the bike fit anyway, but I’d like to understand if I can infer the Cervelo p5 correct size for me so I can secure the Frameset in the meantime.

I currently ride a size 53 pinarello dogma f12 disc road bike.

Frame Reach 383.3
Frame Stack 542.6

Body measurements:
Height: 175.5cm
Inseam: 83cm

I’m new to TT so I will need to ensure there’s enough adjustability with the cockpit and various parts of the bike to “play around” with the fit and get more aggressive with time. Hence I’d like a frame that allows me to do that.

Maybe a too aggressive frame size to begin with might be too much, hence why I’m not too sure on size 51 Cervelo p5. I don’t have enough experience though, so I don’t know.

Any help? Thanks so much!

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

First, let's put aside a certain term... "aggressive". That's not a real thing. There's really only "orthodox" TT positions, which trend towards long and low. If you were to get a 51cm bike for example and you then needed to get longer, you'd be stuck. I'd lean toward the 54cm based just on that alone.

I think the P5 is very adjustable and would work for you in a number of positions from narrow-tall to long-low.

Can you measure your pad stack and reach on your current bike or is that a road bike?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric and happy new year! :)

I currently have a road bike so no pad reach and stack yet. I’ll get those numbers on 19th Jan at the bike fit, but in the meantime I’ll put down a deposit for size 54. What you suggest seems very reasonable to me, and hopefully there will be enough adjustability on the P5 to start less “orthodox” and work towards it ;)

Many thanks,
Luca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Eric for all of your help

I really like the seat being more angled with angles extensions as you suggested

I am running into another problem. I have tried Bisaddle and 2 different ISM saddles and the same problem

I need to use the farther back hole on the seat post. But that puts my perineum right on the front part of the seat post.

Even at a modest 3 degree tilt (I prefer 8 - 10 degrees). It still causes great pain

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

The part hitting the perineum is above the yellow line in the photo

I moved the saddle forward trying to fix the problem in the picture. But still didn’t help

So the saddle actually needs to be a little farther back

Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 3, 22 4:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The white paper towel represents the perineum

The top of the seat post digs right into it
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 3, 22 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Thank you Eric for all of your help

I really like the seat being more angled with angles extensions as you suggested

I am running into another problem. I have tried Bisaddle and 2 different ISM saddles and the same problem

I need to use the farther back hole on the seat post. But that puts my perineum right on the front part of the seat post.

Even at a modest 3 degree tilt (I prefer 8 - 10 degrees). It still causes great pain

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

The part hitting the perineum is above the yellow line in the photo

I moved the saddle forward trying to fix the problem in the picture. But still didn’t help

So the saddle actually needs to be a little farther back

Hi thanks for reaching out. I prefer 8 degrees of tilt as well. Have you considered switching to the Fizik saddle? It would block your seatpost "fin" from poking thru the split rails. Or, hang totally off the front of the ISM and that way you can't slip thru the rails.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW thank you for the fast reply

I took a look in a mirror and I think I already am hanging off the front

I switched to the 8 degree because of you and it is great!

I can’t believe It took me so many years to figure out what the pain was from lol

Think it would be ok to cut that part off?

I have an Extra seat post

I also see there’s quite a few for sale on eBay for $50 or so

Bottom line I think I have the wrong size frame I need the next size up as you recommended but I already had this bike

BUT I do have a larger P3 at your suggestion I’ll build up this summer
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 3, 22 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
WOW thank you for the fast reply

I took a look in a mirror and I think I already am hanging off the front

I switched to the 8 degree because of you and it is great!

I can’t believe It took me so many years to figure out what the pain was from lol

Think it would be ok to cut that part off?

I have an Extra seat post

I also see there’s quite a few for sale on eBay for $50 or so

Bottom line I think I have the wrong size frame I need the next size up as you recommended but I already had this bike

BUT I do have a larger P3 at your suggestion I’ll build up this summer

I don’t know about cutting, you’ll have to talk to your LBS about that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks. Follow up question of that is ok. Do the 2020 and 2021 aero bars have similar adjustability? One is Vision and one is Zipp right? Would I be fine on either?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [cfmini32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cfmini32 wrote:
Awesome thanks. Follow up question of that is ok. Do the 2020 and 2021 aero bars have similar adjustability? One is Vision and one is Zipp right? Would I be fine on either?

Thanks!

Yes. The modern day Vision and Zipp cockpits are very adjustable.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome. Thanks so much! you da bomb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

Me again.

P5 Disk

X 515 to the middle 470 to back
Y 595 no pad

Thoughts on size?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Hey Eric,

Me again.

P5 Disk

X 515 to the middle 470 to back
Y 595 no pad

Thoughts on size?

I’m thinking 54cm… what were you thinking?

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn’t sure, think 51 or 54. Better to have the frame bigger or?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d go 54. You’ll have options that way.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx a ton!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

Wanted to reach back out and say “thanks”. I bought the 54 and will start building it up soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Hey Eric,

Wanted to reach back out and say “thanks”. I bought the 54 and will start building it up soon.

Awesome! Post a pic...

E

Quote Reply

Prev Next