Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Did your fitter test you with 150mm or 155mm cranks?

No, started at my road baseline and went down to 165 until he was satisfied with my position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:
Lemmie know what you think!

Wow you are off the charts long, are you sure your reach number is correct?

You’re even longer than me.

E

I’m 6’4”, not sure how tall you are, could be a contributing factor. The issue as I see it is I need a 58 p-series frame in order to get low enough and will then need a 120-130 -17* stem slammed to get enough reach.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:

E

I’m 6’4”, not sure how tall you are, could be a contributing factor. The issue as I see it is I need a 58 p-series frame in order to get low enough and will then need a 120-130 -17* stem slammed to get enough reach.

That’s what I would do… all my 58cm bikes have 140mm -17 stems on them (I’m 6’2”). You won’t be able to use the profile drink thingy, but you’ll still be super satisfied with your position.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:

E

That’s what I would do… all my 58cm bikes have 140mm -17 stems on them (I’m 6’2”). You won’t be able to use the profile drink thingy, but you’ll still be super satisfied with your position.

E

What is the disqualifying factor in that setup for the Aeria? If I was using their 1/Seventeen stem with the Aeria faceplate, is there something else there that makes it not work?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
LOW2000 wrote:

E

E

What is the disqualifying factor in that setup for the Aeria? If I was using their 1/Seventeen stem with the Aeria faceplate, is there something else there that makes it not work?

Maybe CycleNutNZ can comment but I don’t think you can get to 140mm with the Aeria.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
mrboomerang wrote:
Thanks for the input. I'm 6'2".

MB

So I’m 6’2” as well and would never put myself on a 61cm… I was already leaning 58cm and this info pushes me more toward that thinking. You’re at the edge of the envelope, especially if you’re set on the Aeria hydration.

Does this make sense?

E

Hey Eric,

Sorry to bother you with this again. I was looking back at your comments to nail down my size as I may be ordering a bike since I can't find a store with any p-series in stock across the state. You made the comment that the aeria would put me on the edge of the envelope. Was that the edge of the 58 or 61 envelope?

With time if I get lower and longer, would I be further into the 58 envelope or 61 envelope?

Thank you so much for your help.

MB
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [mrboomerang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrboomerang wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
mrboomerang wrote:
Thanks for the input. I'm 6'2".

MB

So I’m 6’2” as well and would never put myself on a 61cm… I was already leaning 58cm and this info pushes me more toward that thinking. You’re at the edge of the envelope, especially if you’re set on the Aeria hydration.

Does this make sense?

E

Hey Eric,

Sorry to bother you with this again. I was looking back at your comments to nail down my size as I may be ordering a bike since I can't find a store with any p-series in stock across the state. You made the comment that the aeria would put me on the edge of the envelope. Was that the edge of the 58 or 61 envelope?

With time if I get lower and longer, would I be further into the 58 envelope or 61 envelope?

Thank you so much for your help.

MB

You’d be further along the longer and lower portion of the 58cm envelope. My only question is how long a stem you can put on and still use the hydration system if that’s what you’re into.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would I be able to hit my numbers with either a 70 or 100 mm stem? I think that is all profile design has for the aeria system. I'm not aware of any other stems that work with the aeria hsf.

Thanks,
MB
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [mrboomerang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrboomerang wrote:
Would I be able to hit my numbers with either a 70 or 100 mm stem? I think that is all profile design has for the aeria system. I'm not aware of any other stems that work with the aeria hsf.

Thanks,
MB

Shoot me a PM with your email address.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a pm. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I'm in a transitional period with my fit, but due to availability need to get an order on the books before I'm fully dialed in. Right now I'm riding x=472, y=650 (to back of pads) but in working with my fitter and looking at theoretical options my goal is to get into x=495, y=620. I can hit that position on the fit bike, but it is something that I'll need to adjust into over time.

Slight edit here as I hadn't realized that Cervelo was showing the EX10 geometry on their site now.... I'm looking at a P5 and am in between a 56 and 58. In my target position I would have about 15mm more reach available and about 25mm more stack in the 56. With the 58 I'd have about 35mm of reach room, but I'd be pretty slammed in terms of stack.
I'm riding time trials so at some point UCI rules will come into play and that will likely pull my position back and reduce reach

What would be your sizing advice given this scenario?

Thanks!
Last edited by: ap_az: Jan 6, 23 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ap_az] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ap_az wrote:
Hi Eric,

I'm in a transitional period with my fit, but due to availability need to get an order on the books before I'm fully dialed in. Right now I'm riding x=472, y=650 (to back of pads) but in working with my fitter and looking at theoretical options my goal is to get into x=495, y=620. I can hit that position on the fit bike, but it is something that I'll need to adjust into over time.

Slight edit here as I hadn't realized that Cervelo was showing the EX10 geometry on their site now.... I'm looking at a P5 and am in between a 56 and 58. In my target position I would have about 15mm more reach available and about 25mm more stack in the 56. With the 58 I'd have about 35mm of reach room, but I'd be pretty slammed in terms of stack.
I'm riding time trials so at some point UCI rules will come into play and that will likely pull my position back and reduce reach

What would be your sizing advice given this scenario?

Thanks!

I think you’ve done the analysis correctly, you’ll fit in either bike with differing remainders for each frame size.

For UCI TT purposes, I’d go with the 56cm. Any additional reach of the 58cm would be wasted although I know they have new rules this year. You’d want to take the longest bike possible within the UCI reach exemption.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric, did you see my pm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

My P5D fits me great and I love it! I have the EX11 front end. I would like to raise my hands a little. What are the current options for me and range of prices. I'd love the EX10 with the Zipp/AXS extensions (and may end up doing that).

Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Eric,

My P5D fits me great and I love it! I have the EX11 front end. I would like to raise my hands a little. What are the current options for me and range of prices. I'd love the EX10 with the Zipp/AXS extensions (and may end up doing that).

Thank you,

Hi David!

I’ll have to check on EX10, unless one of the usual retailers chime in, but you also have the option of using 3rd party tilt wedges and backwards ski bend extensions or USE Tula extensions to get your hands up, as well as wedges and some of the super extensions or whatever we’re calling them.

Let me do some digging and I’ll get back to you.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Hope you're well! Query re: Cervelo R5 generally.
  1. Is it safe to assume the seat post height should not exceed complete white line towards the base of the post, about 160?
  2. Are you aware of insert bolt's (washer of sorts) that can go into the seat post clamp (with bolt holes) to increase the height of the seat, still allowing the seat clamp to function?
  3. TT/Roady - Comparing the new Prologo dimension tri (on the TT) to an ISM PL 1.1 saddle I received on the R5, which seat is best for which bike? I would have thought the ISM would better suited to TT's, the website says otherwise, and the Dimension Tri good for either? I have a height issue on the 61cm R5, which is largely resolved by the higher stack ISM compared to Prologo dimension seats and trying to ensure great fit and comfort on both.

Many thanks as always!

KB
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i currently ride an old (~2006) aluminum frame TT bike in a size 56. I'm looking to upgrade and want to make it a little of a project bike. I have some good rim brake wheels so was thinking that if I could find a p5 it would make a killer frame. I'm having a really hard time though finding what I think is the right size. I'm 6'2 and taking measurements off my current bike that I had a fit on from a pretty reputable place near me here's where I'm at:

Seat height - 795 mm
Stack- 675 mm (to bracket)
Reach- 525 mm (to middle of pads)

So when I look at any geometry charts for cervelo it almost seems like I'm "off the charts" for reach measurements, but the frame I'm on is a 56, so it's tough to imagine that. I don't think I'm measuring incorrectly as the numbers from my fitting match up pretty much exactly with what I take directly off the bike myself. The stem on the 56 isn't crazy long either, it's a 90mm and prior to the fitting I had a 120 on it. I actually think the fitting was a little conservative, and looking at peoples fits now, I could get my elbows out a little further.

I could also be a little bit lower. Right now there is about a 10cm drop from saddle to pads, but when I went in for the fit I was at a 16cm drop. I think somewhere in between is probably the sweet spot.

It seems like a 58 is the "best" size, but with my numbers am I just not a good fit for a p5-six? Someone local to me is selling a 56 in good shape, so I was sort of hoping I could make that frame work, but it seems like I just wouldn't be able to get long enough on it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregkeller wrote:
So i currently ride an old (~2006) aluminum frame TT bike in a size 56. I'm looking to upgrade and want to make it a little of a project bike. I have some good rim brake wheels so was thinking that if I could find a p5 it would make a killer frame. I'm having a really hard time though finding what I think is the right size. I'm 6'2 and taking measurements off my current bike that I had a fit on from a pretty reputable place near me here's where I'm at:

Seat height - 795 mm
Stack- 675 mm (to bracket)
Reach- 525 mm (to middle of pads)

So when I look at any geometry charts for cervelo it almost seems like I'm "off the charts" for reach measurements, but the frame I'm on is a 56, so it's tough to imagine that. I don't think I'm measuring incorrectly as the numbers from my fitting match up pretty much exactly with what I take directly off the bike myself. The stem on the 56 isn't crazy long either, it's a 90mm and prior to the fitting I had a 120 on it. I actually think the fitting was a little conservative, and looking at peoples fits now, I could get my elbows out a little further.

I could also be a little bit lower. Right now there is about a 10cm drop from saddle to pads, but when I went in for the fit I was at a 16cm drop. I think somewhere in between is probably the sweet spot.

It seems like a 58 is the "best" size, but with my numbers am I just not a good fit for a p5-six? Someone local to me is selling a 56 in good shape, so I was sort of hoping I could make that frame work, but it seems like I just wouldn't be able to get long enough on it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Definitely a 58cm old P5. Let me dig up the old chart… yep, 58cm with high-V cockpit and three spacers.

Make sense?
E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, perfect sense. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

1. Is it safe to assume the seat post height should not exceed complete white line towards the base of the post, about 160?
  2. Are you aware of insert bolt's (washer of sorts) that can go into the seat post clamp (with bolt holes) to increase the height of the seat, still allowing the seat clamp to function?
  3. TT/Roady - Comparing the new Prologo dimension tri (on the TT) to an ISM PL 1.1 saddle I received on the R5, which seat is best for which bike? I would have thought the ISM would better suited to TT's, the website says otherwise, and the Dimension Tri good for either? I have a height issue on the 61cm R5, which is largely resolved by the higher stack ISM compared to Prologo dimension seats and trying to ensure great fit and comfort on both.

Many thanks as always!

KB
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [k_birchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
k_birchy wrote:
Hi Eric,

Many thanks as always!

KB

I’m not that current on the R5 despite owning one, but assume it the line is the limit and don’t know any way to make it higher.

I would use the high stack saddle if it’s comfortable… are you doing TTs on your R5?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric. No not doing TT's on the R5, I use the R5 for hills rides in the offseason and rolling around the coffee shops. The TT gets all the attention during triathlon season. Hence, my thinking behind the ISM saddle which I have only ever seen on TT's (though the site says it's good for roady's), so putting it on the TT bike and Prologo Dimension Tri saddle (which is designed for TT but has similar profile to it's roady bike style) on the Road bike due to ISM having a higher Stack height. The alternative is a 3D printed 'riser' under the saddle mount.

Thanks,

Kieran
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I’m a newbie and don’t want to mess up the numbers you requested, so I’ve added a screenshot from a recent fitting.My fitter said I’m in between a 51 and a 54 for a new P Series. But I wanted a second opinion and also I’m looking at used P2 or P3 so don’t know if that makes a difference. What size would you recommend? Thanks so much. -Blake
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [bpine006] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bpine006 wrote:
Hi Eric,

I’m a newbie and don’t want to mess up the numbers you requested, so I’ve added a screenshot from a recent fitting.My fitter said I’m in between a 51 and a 54 for a new P Series. But I wanted a second opinion and also I’m looking at used P2 or P3 so don’t know if that makes a difference. What size would you recommend? Thanks so much. -Blake

With a pad stack of 660mm and a pad reach of 430mm you could fit on any bike between 48cm and 56cm, so your fitter is right about a 51cm or 54cm.

If you went with a 54cm, you’d be right in the middle of the fit range of the bike.

What aerobar do you think you’d use with a P2 or P3?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Eric,
I have had a fit done on a fit cycle to get my numbers. I am looking to use the bike primarily for Time Trials. The races I participate in do not require a UCI legal bike. I am open to any model that will give me the best fit.

I am 6’5” with a 36” inseam

Pad x: 462
Pad y: 725
Pad z: 221
Saddle height: 836
Saddle setback: -12
Crank length: 170

Thank you for your assistance!
Quote Reply

Prev Next