Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
i'm riding an ISM saddle (same as rode bike)... i can slam my left shoe cleat back - - i haven't tried that yet - - crank length on road bike was 175mm - - - - TT bike crank is normally a 172.5 or a 175m - - i have the shorter tt crank to keep the hip angle open a bit... - - i upped my saddle height last night by 2-3mm after my ride... was doing 30/30's in the tt position at 300w / 250w - - HR didn't go over 154 - - right leg was fine left leg was miserable - - not sure if i should push it up even more - - but i'll ride again today / tomorrow and if it feels unhappy without being to high i'll move it up a few more mm and see how it goes.

i'm also going to swap on my assioma duo's to see if my power arc is waaaay different from the road bike.

i don't think its a compartment syndrome or a blood clot as it only bothers me on the tt bike and not in other quad things like lifting or running... or road riding.

Which ISM?

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Mbellis5 wrote:
i'm riding an ISM saddle (same as rode bike)... i can slam my left shoe cleat back - - i haven't tried that yet - - crank length on road bike was 175mm - - - - TT bike crank is normally a 172.5 or a 175m - - i have the shorter tt crank to keep the hip angle open a bit... - - i upped my saddle height last night by 2-3mm after my ride... was doing 30/30's in the tt position at 300w / 250w - - HR didn't go over 154 - - right leg was fine left leg was miserable - - not sure if i should push it up even more - - but i'll ride again today / tomorrow and if it feels unhappy without being to high i'll move it up a few more mm and see how it goes.

i'm also going to swap on my assioma duo's to see if my power arc is waaaay different from the road bike.

i don't think its a compartment syndrome or a blood clot as it only bothers me on the tt bike and not in other quad things like lifting or running... or road riding.

Which ISM?

Eric

I have an ism pr2.0 on the bike right now. I also have an ism pn2.1 ... I felt more comfortable on the pr2.0
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edit on my previous post. Crank is currently a 165mm on the tt bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
Edit on my previous post. Crank is currently a 165mm on the tt bike

I would be careful and perhaps talk to your doctor. This doesn’t sound like a standard fit issue so be cautious.

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to circle back with you on this... how are you feeling?

Eric

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving the cleat all the way back on my left foot made my quad feel like 30% better... which made it manageable rather then frustrating... im going to go ride outside today in a little bit to see if the changes from the trainer carry over or this is all a bike on trainer position fluke... and perhaps it was fine in outdoor riding the whole time.

Wife.. aka doctor.. debates if the position might restrict arterial or venous blood flow around the hip but she doubts it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
Moving the cleat all the way back on my left foot made my quad feel like 30% better... which made it manageable rather then frustrating... im going to go ride outside today in a little bit to see if the changes from the trainer carry over or this is all a bike on trainer position fluke... and perhaps it was fine in outdoor riding the whole time.

Wife.. aka doctor.. debates if the position might restrict arterial or venous blood flow around the hip but she doubts it.

yeah it could definitely be an artifact of the indoor trainer... let us know how it goes. If it persists, meet us over in the "Oh my aching saddle" thread for more discourse.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road 90 mins in position outside...left quad felt pretty good... could definitely feel it in my left glute... right leg was perfectly fine ... no lactate no fatigue... power was L49/R51... I cruised around 240-280 watts.. max hr was 154... avg was 138... felt like if I went to much harder I'd feel the build in the left leg.

Left leg feels like it comes up higher? Debatably bumps into my sacral crest...hip bone... I dont get that feeling on the right side.

Not sure if this helps but.. im 6ft 1... 168lbs ish.. depends on the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Looking at a new P-Series, coming off an old P3C.

Pad co-ordinates from bike fit are 392/633. Width is 230.

Thanks,
Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [gromaton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gromaton wrote:
Hi Eric

Looking at a new P-Series, coming off an old P3C.

Pad coordinates from bike fit are 392/633. Width is 230.

Thanks,
Ryan

hi Ryan, thanks for reaching out.

You have a sort of upright position, "upper left quadrant" as I like to call it. At that stack, 633mm, you'd need to be at around 410mm of reach to hit the back end of a 51cm P-Series in a way that didn't violate some of the aesthetic and engineering rules of thumb that I have. Once there, you'd be in the upper reaches of the 51cm stack range as it were.

That said, the P-Series cockpit is extremely adjustable, so it should accommodate you nicely. I haven't seen a picture of your fit, but the ~20mm reach difference could easily be handled with a quick saddle coaching or posture coaching session.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

You have a sort of upright position, "upper left quadrant" as I like to call it. At that stack, 633mm, you'd need to be at around 410mm of reach to hit the back end of a 51cm P-Series in a way that didn't violate some of the aesthetic and engineering rules of thumb that I have. Once there, you'd be in the upper reaches of the 51cm stack range as it were.

That said, the P-Series cockpit is extremely adjustable, so it should accommodate you nicely. I haven't seen a picture of your fit, but the ~20mm reach difference could easily be handled with a quick saddle coaching or posture coaching session.

Make sense?

Eric

Thanks for your help Eric, yeah bit limited in the hip angle means I end up pretty upright
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [gromaton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length are you using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gromaton wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Make sense?

Eric

Thanks for your help Eric, yeah bit limited in the hip angle means I end up pretty upright

As Jim mentioned, you might be a candidate for shorter cranks as well as a saddle intervention. How comfortable is your saddle?

This would allow you to roll your hips forward effectively lengthening your torso.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

As Jim mentioned, you might be a candidate for shorter cranks as well as a saddle intervention. How comfortable is your saddle?

This would allow you to roll your hips forward effectively lengthening your torso.

Eric

Was running 165's for that fit, will either do 165 or 160's for the new bike depending on availability.

I've got an ISM PN1.0, finding it pretty comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gromaton wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Eric

Was running 165's for that fit, will either do 165 or 160's for the new bike depending on availability.

I've got an ISM PN1.0, finding it pretty comfortable.

Right, but how comfortable is it when your hips are rolled forward?

How tall are you? You might consider 155mm cranks.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Eric

Haven't been on it for a while due to riding gravel bike, will jump on it when I get home and try rolling the hips forward.

I'm 5'11" (180cm) short legs for my height, but not sure what my inseam is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 16 year old son is 5'11" and uses 155mm cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gromaton wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Eric

Haven't been on it for a while due to riding gravel bike, will jump on it when I get home and try rolling the hips forward.

I'm 5'11" (180cm) short legs for my height, but not sure what my inseam is.

I’d have to see a video... I’m leaning toward a saddle “intervention”.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings Friends,

I had a 2019 61 CM P2 that fell off the back of my car on the interstate and was murdered by a few vehicles. It is a sad story, but the rack company just got back to me a few months later and is thankfully helping me out with a new bike (the rack straps failed ).

I was fit to the 61 CM frame and felt pretty good for the one sprint triathlon I was able to compete on and some longer rides. I've got a 140.6 in October and need to ride something better than my 2013 Fuji Sportif with clip-ons and a 1x7 groupset (FD broke and no hills in FL).

So - should I stick with a 61CM for the replacement? Would I be better off on a 58 CM or would it even work? I'm nervous since there are inventory issues and am wondering if a 58 CM would work if a 61 CM isn't available. If it helps, I am 6'4 with a 34' inseam.

Thanks all, long time reader first time poster.

BR
Last edited by: Bpruscher: May 2, 21 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Bpruscher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bpruscher wrote:
Greetings Friends,

I had a 2019 61 CM P2 that fell off the back of my car on the interstate and was murdered by a few vehicles. It is a sad story, but the rack company just got back to me a few months later and is thankfully helping me out with a new bike (the rack straps failed ).

I was fit to the 61 CM frame and felt pretty good for the one sprint triathlon I was able to compete on and some longer rides. I've got a 140.6 in October and need to ride something better than my 2013 Fuji Sportif with clip-ons and a 1x7 groupset (FD broke and no hills in FL).

So - should I stick with a 61CM for the replacement? Would I be better off on a 58 CM or would it even work? I'm nervous since there are inventory issues and am wondering if a 58 CM would work if a 61 CM isn't available. If it helps, I am 6'4 with a 34' inseam.

Thanks all, long time reader first time poster.

BR

hi, thanks for reaching out.

If you were to get a P5 disc, you'd have to get a 58cm bike as they don't have a 61cm. For a "61" sized Cervelo, the P3x or PX offer a little more stack and reach, and also work quite nicely for long course triathlon with their aero storage and hydration options. If you went the P3x or PX route, you'd be a size XL. For the P-Series bikes you could get a size 61cm.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! The p series is my target but I've been calling around and am having no luck with anything on the new front. Backordered until October or November.

I'll keep looking around for anything available, but may need to look at other brands, specialized or canyon appear to be similar in the XL range.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Bpruscher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bpruscher wrote:
Thank you! The p series is my target but I've been calling around and am having no luck with anything on the new front. Backordered until October or November.

I'll keep looking around for anything available, but may need to look at other brands, specialized or canyon appear to be similar in the XL range.

Keep your eyes peeled... there may be XL Cervelo P5x, P3x, or PX series bikes on the market as a dentist checks of an Ironman from the bucket list.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Not sure If this is fit related but I'm trying to come up with a solution for a front hydration on a 2020 P5 Disc with the Ex11 bars. As it's the single piece running down the middle with a cage mount I've looked at the xlab torpedo versa slim that they recently came out with. Wondering if anybody has experience with front mount straw style bottles on this bike. Finding that I'm not drinking enough so hoping easier access may encourage me to sip frequently.

Regards,

Kev
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [CoKev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CoKev wrote:
Hi,

Not sure If this is fit related but I'm trying to come up with a solution for a front hydration on a 2020 P5 Disc with the Ex11 bars. As it's the single piece running down the middle with a cage mount I've looked at the xlab torpedo versa slim that they recently came out with. Wondering if anybody has experience with front mount straw style bottles on this bike. Finding that I'm not drinking enough so hoping easier access may encourage me to sip frequently.

Regards,

Kev

My personal preference is a standard water bottle. No straws. I have a bottle cage with an integrated Garmin mount which works great.

Eric

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [CoKev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally have an older Cervelo so don't have first hand experience that you are asking for, however Trek has had their monobar for years now, and we have seen many people use Torpedo bottles with no issues.

Having a refillable system (straw-style) will definitely help keep you hydrated... reminding you to drink. I have heard that from many people...and even professional athletes. Hope this helps a little bit :)

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Last edited by: Candice - XLAB: May 5, 21 16:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next