Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Well mine ARE faster lol

Yeah, mine are clearly faster too. I have no doubt
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
A few of you suggested the Zoom Fly 3 as a good training shoe and do I got a pair. I love them, I may like them more then the Next. I feel like I spend less time going verticals and more time moving forward.

I’ve been running a lot in the ZF3’s and I like them, too. Very comfortable.

You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [jf64k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slightly off topic I know, but with the new Next% and Zoomfly 3 have people been sizing differently from the Zoomfly Flyknit and the 4% or are the sizes much the same. Im a US 11 in both the 4% and Flyknit..

Thanks in advance

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The VF 4% is very unstable at the heel (medial side mainly, at least for me), and it created serious issues to my posterior tibialis.

I stopped using them.

The Next seems slightly better for this, and slightly better for mid-foot strike. But I stick to my Carbon X. Nearly as efficient, and much more stable.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks you. I have exactly the same issue. Also stopped using the Vaporfly 4%.

Might try the Next% - and also the Carbon X soon then.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you need / appreciate some heel stability, the Carbon X is much more confortable for regular training and long racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like the zoom fly and zoom fly 3 for similar but I went from a 12 to 11.5 because it wasn’t that big of a difference and I don’t like too much room in my shoes.

I went from 12 in OG VF and they were too loose for me then 11.5 in Flyknit and next%. You should be the same size in the Flyknits.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Next % for racing but the Zoom Fly 3 are shockingly good.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phil Hodson wrote:
Slightly off topic I know, but with the new Next% and Zoomfly 3 have people been sizing differently from the Zoomfly Flyknit and the 4% or are the sizes much the same. Im a US 11 in both the 4% and Flyknit.

I am 10.5 in the original Vaporfly 4%, and 11 in the Vaporfly Flyknit. For the NEXT% with a wider toe box I tried 10.5, but that was too small.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got these and noticed my casual 5K run was ~5% faster. Pretty cool stuff.

Question - has anyone tried running with these on the beach in the sand? A tri I want to do next year has part of the run on the beach and I am wondering if these shoes would be suitable / helpful on that terrain as well.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did IM marathon with it (after a few training runs including long run), hot/humid, lots of water in aid stations.
It feels faster than the 4%, but it is really hard to compare since there are so many different variables.
One thing to note is that I got way more and much bigger blisters on my toes than I did with the 4%.
N=1 YMMV
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got some next%, they felt great in a 3mile tempo run. My current trainers are some kinvaras and free isos but the free isos need replacing and not sure if get another pair of free isos or kinvara (4mm drop) or go for something with similar heel to toe drop as the next (8mm). Have any of you change your training shoes because of the next%?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [newtryguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newtryguy101 wrote:
Just got these and noticed my casual 5K run was ~5% faster. Pretty cool stuff.

Question - has anyone tried running with these on the beach in the sand? A tri I want to do next year has part of the run on the beach and I am wondering if these shoes would be suitable / helpful on that terrain as well.

Thanks!

I did Superfrog 70.3 two weeks ago which has about 5 miles on the sand and they were fine. The forefoot is pretty broad and provided a stable platform.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super helpful - thanks.

Just PR'ed my mile - first time I've really ran it in about 5 years so not sure it's apples to apples, but hit 5:51. Wonder if I can get below 5:30
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [jf64k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did IMCH in the NEXT % and it was a new experience because of the heat. 104 heat index......it was soooooooo f'ing hard on the run. I'm usually a 8:00 pace guy for an IM marathon but that didn't happen. I was a 9:40 pace guy and people were passing out and throwing up all over the place......so get to your point Scott......people are saying that to get the most bang for you buck out of these shoes you need to be a 8:30ish or faster runner and I agree. However.....the course surface matters. This course as mainly concrete which is 40 times harder than asphalt. I was sooooooooo thankful for the spongy cushion of these shoes during that death slog. At that slow speed I didn't notice the "Pop" that's usually there but my feet never hurt. My legs: that was a different matter and they were dead, but the point being don't overlook the cushy foam when you have to go slow. When you going faster you get the best of both worlds.
Last edited by: Scottxs: Oct 1, 19 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to agree...everything was brutal about this race but my feet felt fine! Plus with all the fluids spilt on my feet none got in and slushed up the shoe. And, much less beat up afterward...especially the calves. Worth the $250 for me
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a shop that will take returns on these if worn outdoors? I know Nike will take them back no questions asked, but they have been out of stock on 11.5 for a while now. I would even take them in PINK
I want to give them a test for a possible marathon/BQ attempt in about 18 days, but we are coming in on the window where I am going to be locked in on gear choice.
Last edited by: beercity: Oct 2, 19 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running warehouse has them in 11.5. They have a great return policy but I think if used outside you get store credit. Pink won’t be out until the 10th it says though.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [newtryguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faster than with your training shoes or than your fastest casual 5km with the 4%?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience on the longevity of these, compared to the 4%s?

General consensus seems to be that you'd only get ~150 miles out of the 4%s before some kind of structural failure, notwithstanding the reported degradation of the carbon-plate springiness which could also see any benefits in running efficiency ebb away even if the shoes themselves do stay intact.

Just wondering how the Next%s compare?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I post every time I see a post saying “I heard 4% only last 100 miles” to give my situation. I have over 300 miles in my V1 and around 150 miles in my FlyKnit. Still going strong and only put some shoe goo on the bottom of the flyknit last weekend. Upper is still perfect on both. Both still have plenty of pop left in them as well.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting.

How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?! I'm only 60 kg (race weight) and feel like I'm quite light on shoes so hopefully I'd be able to eke out more miles than most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
160-165. Run all my miles on concrete or asphalt. No nice trails or gravel for me. Just hard ass ground!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
I have the Next % for racing but the Zoom Fly 3 are shockingly good.

I picked up the Zoom Fly 3s a few weeks ago as a training shoe companion to the Next% and they are surprisingly good, given how negative most reviews were. They are on the heavy side and don't feel as bouncy or fast as the next%, but I've been using them for long runs and longer tempo runs and my legs and feet feel a lot fresher as the miles add up.

Did anyone see the "FlyEase" upper version of the Next% that Justin Gallegos ran in at Chicago? It looks like it would make a great tri shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Does anyone have any experience on the longevity of these, compared to the 4%s?

General consensus seems to be that you'd only get ~150 miles out of the 4%s before some kind of structural failure, notwithstanding the reported degradation of the carbon-plate springiness which could also see any benefits in running efficiency ebb away even if the shoes themselves do stay intact.

Just wondering how the Next%s compare?

My 4% FK held up great. 150 or so miles before I got the Next%, and they still look and feel good.

The Next% are holding up even better. I’m 52 y/o, 175lb runner, mostly asphalt with once/wk track work. They are holding up great. They feel much more stable than the 4%, and the heel lock is 100% better. As others have said, yes they are faster, but it’s the fact that they don’t beat you up that’s so amazing. Legs feel fresher.

Love the Next%, worth every one of the 25,000 pennies they charge, haha!!

You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Quote Reply

Prev Next