Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a pair in the UK - most sizes available.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likewise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't able to get any until 10 am est today. Ordered from running warehouse.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Wasn't able to get any until 10 am est today. Ordered from running warehouse.

I just got the text notification at 7am pac time that I requested last week. Interesting that somehow I was able to order yesterday but hey, works for me!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anybody coming from Altra shoes given these a try? I don't think I have ran in a non-Altra shoe in years and wouldn't know what size Next% to buy. I'm usually a 12.5 in Altra and occasionally wore a 13 for trail shoes. I know that I could order a few pairs and try them, but I would rather not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just place my order. No shipping confirmation yet. My notification arrived via text message and I place my order within 15 minutes around 7:30am PT. Seemed like they had plenty in all sizes at the time.

Also some new colors released for the Peg Turbo 2 and Zoom Fly 3.

I don't much care for the tennis ball color, but don't really care as I race in black/white kit and makes it easier for my wife to find me at races.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

dangle wrote:
Has anybody coming from Altra shoes given these a try? I don't think I have ran in a non-Altra shoe in years and wouldn't know what size Next% to buy. I'm usually a 12.5 in Altra and occasionally wore a 13 for trail shoes. I know that I could order a few pairs and try them, but I would rather not.

I used to run in Escalante Racers at 12.5.

I switched to Zoom Fly Flyknit for the added cushioning. I tried both 12.5 and 13. I sized up to 13 and they fit perfectly.

Same with the Vaporfly 4%, 13’s fit great.

When I can order the Next %, I’ll get 12.5 and 13 to try because the upper materiel is new. If you order from Nike.com you’ve got 30 days to run in them with free shipping both ways.

ETA: Next% are available on Nike.com. All sizes available right now.

ETA2: Yowza!! $547 for two pairs of running shoes. At least the shipping was free haha!!

You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Last edited by: jf64k: Jul 11, 19 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pro athlete I advise from time to time has raced in every version (might add he trains in them too) in v1 and the Flynknit versions he used Green Superfeet in the Next he doesn’t need the superfeet. He feels faster in the new shoe. I would bet more people will run faster because of the shape. The 2mm drop in offset won’t be an issue. If it were a 4mm difference I would agree.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:

Coming from Altras and just got a pair of the Next%.

I wear an 11 in Altra (Instinct 2.0-4.5, Duo, Escalante racer). Lengthwise, the Nikes feel just a hair shorter than the Escalante racer and Duo. If you’re on the bubble between half sizes, I’d probably go with the larger of the 2 given the lower volume and taper of the Nike toe box.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you train in prior to wearing those for the race? And when did first run in them... I'm trying to figure out how to break them in without wearing them !
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [bmarque19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had been training in Pegasus turbo for a while. I ran a short run before my first 70.3 in them and then straight into the next 70.3 where I had a PB. The Pegasus are similar and I recommend using them as your training shoe if going cold turkey but the 4% are softer and so much nicer to run in. Note if you have the flyknit model I learnt in the first 70.3 that with elastic laces as tight as I could get my foot in were still too loose and my foot was slipping around on steeper descents. The second 70.3 I just put a spring lace locker on and once on pulled the laces out a few inches and they were fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay cool. I have the pegasus and just had a PB in those so I'm looking forward to actually using the 4%s.

Im doing a 70.3 and full a month later but might to them in one smaller race before as well.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Beverd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Beverd and jf64k.

I think I will try the 13's since I have gone up to 13 in one version of the Torin and two of the trail shoes. 12.5 in all three pairs of Escalante. 1,Racer and 1.5. I hated the Duos though and thought they were too long.

I really don't want to explain a ~$540 charge for shoes even if one is returned for free. That mega charge for shoes would be remembered long after returning a pair.
Last edited by: dangle: Jul 11, 19 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
Rocky M wrote:
They are fugly as hell. Hope they tone it down to something in the more "normal" color range that can color match more kits. It is part fashion show out there y'know! If you don't race well, at least you should look good & neon green "ain't cutt'n it!"

Well, to each their own. I like the color, and it won't match my kit (blue and orange) at all. (And you probably already knew this, but I'm pretty sure the *very last* think Nike was thinking about was triathletes. I don't think Nike puts a single cent into this sport--no sponsored athletes that I can think of, no ads, no race or team sponsorships. Nothing.)

I wore neon stuff in the 90's for tri, so not separating myself from that. Just saying the colorway doesn't seem as cool as it was in the 90's. I even had hot pink handlebar tape. The shoes look to be awesome, so not saying I wouldn't wear them, just saying the colors aren't cutting it for me. But the shoe construction itself is. Maybe they'll get these into the custom part of their site, eventually. I do know they have & may be considering a TRI specific version--per one of there Oregon based "prime testers" who I know, who is a former World Champion and multi-national champion. But they haven't delved into anything as far as a prototype yet as far as he mentioned. But it has at the minimum been discussed at more than a casual mention.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [jf64k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currenlty have the standard Zoom Fly version 1 in 10.5 and all my Vomeros are 10.5. My old Zoom Racers were all 11's...does a 10.5 in the Zoom Fly transfer over to a 10.5 in the NEXT%? Not able to buy two sizes and send one back...
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered some from NZ. Have a pair of the blue flyknit vaporflys already also, Now, which ones to wear for my next race? Or do I just use the blue flyknits until they're no good and then swap to the NEXTs?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm ordering a pair as well, and was planning on using the next for my A-races, and use my old vapors for B-races until they are worn out.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha I ordered a pair of Next yesterday and will see which one I prefer to run in two 70.3 before the big dance. If the Next are better than the 4% that will be amazing!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the NEXT for a week or two now, on the UK TriTalk forum we have quite a bit of feedback
https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/...xt-the-thread/79/504
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome I'm keen to read up on what to expect. What I found interesting was a lot of the top pros obviously buying their own shoes at Roth were in the Next. Lets see how they go in comparison to the VF. Good to read up the the Zoom Fly isn't as enticing as it looks and I don't need a pair... Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got mine at my local running shop. Fit is similar to my orange 4%, but the upper is completely different. I had a new 4% I was planning on using, but may jump directly to these for racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a point of reference, here are all my sizes in the Nikes,

Original Zoom Fly - 11.5
Original Vaporfly 4% - 11
Vaporfly 4% Flyknit - 11.5
Vaporfly Next% - 11
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty interesting to see how others have been sizing. For me I am 12 in Zoom fly, 12 in OG Vaporfly but could have gone with 11.5 probably because they are wider than ZF. And I am 11.5 in Flyknit VF. FK VP fit my foot much better and if I go to Next I’ll probably go with the 11.5. Narrower foot over here.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have any good insights for a racing lace setup for the Next%? Just had my first run in them this morning and will be racing OD in them on Sunday. Looks like it will be difficult to get foot in and tongue flat with super tight elastic laces. Going to cannibalize all my old tri shoes and do some trial and error this week.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Hingus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have a pair on order... would be interesting to see how to set them up for quick laces for a fast T2
Quote Reply

Prev Next