Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [TLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. The tongue is garbage for tri. I did think of taping one side of the tongue in place with duck tape or similar and just holding the other side as I put it on but never actually did it so can't say that it works.

I thought the best Upper on these was the very first vf 4pc prior to the fly knit. Might have been a tiny bit heavier but it just seemed to work.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
I agree. The tongue is garbage for tri. I did think of taping one side of the tongue in place with duck tape or similar and just holding the other side as I put it on but never actually did it so can't say that it works.

I thought the best Upper on these was the very first vf 4pc prior to the fly knit. Might have been a tiny bit heavier but it just seemed to work.

I'm considering stitching the bottom 2/3rds into the upper of the shoe, so the top can still be opened up but it shouldnt twist from the bottom or pull out of place too much... just a lil concerned on if it would alter the fit of the shoe or anything like that

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phoenixR34 wrote:
g_lev wrote:
What's the general consensus on these? Is it worth drinking the kool aid?

It's like the disc wheel of running. In a lab, perhaps. For an elite rider who is really pushing it, even more perhaps. For an age grouper.. I'd bet it's more placebo than anything.

Whoa! I have an almost two year hiatus from Triathlon and Slowtwitch and come back to libellous comments like this about disc wheels!? Did I miss the memo on discs being slower? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if some kind of new release/colourway is due soon? I was looking to buy another pair and I cant find anywhere in the UK which has any in stock and cant find anything to suggest why.

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trihard1980 wrote:
phoenixR34 wrote:
g_lev wrote:
What's the general consensus on these? Is it worth drinking the kool aid?

It's like the disc wheel of running. In a lab, perhaps. For an elite rider who is really pushing it, even more perhaps. For an age grouper.. I'd bet it's more placebo than anything.

Whoa! I have an almost two year hiatus from Triathlon and Slowtwitch and come back to libellous comments like this about disc wheels!? Did I miss the memo on discs being slower? ;)

You didn't miss it because it isn't a memo. Disc wheels are faster. So are these shoes. ;) I wanted to be skeptical. They are legit.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read a very insightful article on the Next% and it mentions how running records were set years ago (2007) with carbon plated shoes, like the Adidas ProPlate.

https://www.outsideonline.com/...vaporfly-controversy
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I was too slow.

Received it from Running warehouse:

"Thank you for contacting Running Warehouse. The Nike Next% shoe in a size 9.5 is no longer in stock. This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer with no future availability. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. "

Any idea where I can get a pair?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
binhopires wrote:
Well, I was too slow.

Received it from Running warehouse:

"Thank you for contacting Running Warehouse. The Nike Next% shoe in a size 9.5 is no longer in stock. This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer with no future availability. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. "

Any idea where I can get a pair?

Wait for the alphafly, is my advice.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike.com has the vaporfly 4% on sale for $150 right now in all sizes.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
Nike.com has the vaporfly 4% on sale for $150 right now in all sizes.

Sure? Can't find that deal on nike.com :)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
186.97 is what they are showing for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you add them to your cart, it gives you an extra 20% off. I just ordered a pair and they were $160 shipped to my door with tax.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Diechrome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diechrome wrote:
Once you add them to your cart, it gives you an extra 20% off. I just ordered a pair and they were $160 shipped to my door with tax.

Doesn't seem to be working for me right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went through and got them for 149.58 in my cart at checkout.....
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Showing full price $250 for me...?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [re-fresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re-fresh wrote:

Same here....
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
re-fresh wrote:

Same here....

I get 186.97; in US and logged in as member. It does say 'see price in cart' but then the price doesn't change though.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's size/color related...? I ordered the blue ones size 12. I'm also a member and in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Diechrome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this has been asked a dozen times, but what is the difference between the React and Zoom foam? What is "better" for a marathon? i.e. if my choices are between a Zoom Pegasus Turbo 2 or a Zoom Fly 3 Premium, what would be the general preference for long distance?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only train in the Pegasus Turbo 2 and I think it is a great long distance shoe. It is a soft shoe and I don't get soreness but it gives a good energy return and quickens as you increase the pace for faster intervals or runs. I find it a perfectly balanced training shoe for me. I race in 4% or Next% but if you want an all round single shoe then that is it and would be a great marathon shoe IMHO...
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed 100%.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been looking at the 4%

Does it have a fixed tongue or sock upper?

How does it compare it to the Next%?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick question:

I read sometime back that the shoe is only faster if you run fast already, has this been debunked?
I would assume that 4% improvement in running efficiency would apply across all speeds, or is there a kind of golden pace where they really kick in?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure many will tell you differently but IMO the 4% really makes any notable difference around 4'/km pace with me. I've run a 70.3 and a few shorter races at that speed and the shoe feels amazing. This includes running my fastest ever 70.3 in 85' last year. At 5'/km it is a soft shoe, 4;30'/km it's a good shoe and 4'/km it is an amazing shoe.

The Next% feels like it gives more response at slower speed but in terms of performance gains and what pace makes any difference I'm not sold on yet personally. I've only done a few 70.3s during a build block prior to and for the race in Kona and I believe any performance gains were negligible. The fastest race was 90' 70.3 where it felt a good shoe. Maybe I haven't raced fast enough in it to notice that amazing spot I have in the 4%?

That being said I am a more solid triathlete and long legs for my height so what works for me may be different to many. I am sure there are variations due to body types, weights and running styles... but I think a slower runner doesn't get much more than a soft ride IMHO. This is purely based on my own assessment of prior races over the years in regards to my current form of the time and perceived effort while having used different shoes in the past.
Last edited by: Shambolic: Feb 12, 20 1:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next