Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first race in the Next% was Santa Rosa 70.3, which is ~40% gravel and they held up fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you put speed laces on them?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [kthomps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kthomps wrote:

Friend of mine got these and he actually did put speed laces on them. After running ~10 miles foam on heel started peeling off just as shown on the pics in the posts before.

He is calling me crazy for reading forums before purchase. I'm sticking to Nike Zoom Streak 6 for now as long as it is available.

Supero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had speed laces on mine for a bit, switched to greeper laces because they're a bit more comfortable and I don't really focus on short course anymore. Couple of my teammates have speed laces on them, no issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all my tri shoes
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I didn’t read all 9 pages of discussion. Maybe I will read thoroughly later. So I just went to Nike store and tried these on. I wear size 8.5 but 8.5 was too tight for me. 9 felt pretty comfortable. I saw one of the reviews on YouTube and wondered about it so I had to try. I wear 4% in size 8.5 and they fit great. Is it just me or Next% runs bit small? If it’s already discussed and answered, please forgive me.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 11.5 in all my running shoes including 4% & Next% so no size difference for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went up a half size in the next. My heel was bleeding in my normal size. Don’t know if it was because of that but went up half size and no issues

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just signed up for Dicks email and text to try to get a dual discount on the new colors and neither code worked. Damn.

Maybe the price isn’t coming down ... Eastbay is now sold out of 11.5 pink at a discount and StockX pink went up in price. It looks like demand is holding strong with this shoe. I’m almost thinking Nike put out some PR of the banned talk as since then demand has markedly gone up.

I guess I’m paying full price at some point. I want those new colors though in the orange and teal. Pretty slick.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
I’m almost thinking Nike put out some PR of the banned talk as since then demand has markedly gone up.

That would be hilarious. And unsurprising

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DylanD wrote:
I went up a half size in the next. My heel was bleeding in my normal size. Don’t know if it was because of that but went up half size and no issues

My toes were all the way to the front and they hurt. Heels felt fine though.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
plant_based wrote:
I’m almost thinking Nike put out some PR of the banned talk as since then demand has markedly gone up.

This is not the first time Nike did this. If you have time watch the film Unbanned about MJ's "banned" Jordan 1s. Turns out it was NOT a ban by NBA it was just Nike's marketing game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79nXVeyj4s
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimfan wrote:
hadukla wrote:
plant_based wrote:

This is not the first time Nike did this. If you have time watch the film Unbanned about MJ's "banned" Jordan 1s. Turns out it was NOT a ban by NBA it was just Nike's marketing game.

Damn genius
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the world of commercialization where you take one sample and turn it into 16 different sizes. It’s common in all running shoes to hear about different sizes at complete edges of the spectrum fitting differently. It’s also very possible the shape of the shoe and the shape of the foot don’t match up exactly.

The Vapor Fly Next % is a racing shoe, built like one and designed to fit like one. The challenge is the shoe has fully out kicked it’s coverage. Racing shoes had their place in running. Most runners and triathletes looked at a racing shoe and said “Not for me”. Very few are looking at the Vapor Fly Next % that way. That’s why at a race like Ironman Arizona the shoe showed up every single hour crossing the finish line.

I research this stuff for a living. For years running in Central Park there was one shoe that didn’t fit with all of the rest, the Nike Free. It showed up often. Today, run in Central Park and that shoe is the Vapor Fly Next %. There isn’t one runner type. It’s runners of all shapes and sizes and ages. It’s not the #1 shoe in the park it’s simply the shoe that stands out as not like all the other shoes.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
swimfan wrote:
hadukla wrote:
plant_based wrote:

Damn genius

Don’t know if you are old enough to remember 2 Live Crew

Their promoter hired the Atty who sued for obscenity and got their record banned from Kmart and other stores.

as well as hired the attys who defended them.
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 21, 20 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
Welcome to the world of commercialization where you take one sample and turn it into 16 different sizes. It’s common in all running shoes to hear about different sizes at complete edges of the spectrum fitting differently. It’s also very possible the shape of the shoe and the shape of the foot don’t match up exactly.

The Vapor Fly Next % is a racing shoe, built like one and designed to fit like one. The challenge is the shoe has fully out kicked it’s coverage. Racing shoes had their place in running. Most runners and triathletes looked at a racing shoe and said “Not for me”. Very few are looking at the Vapor Fly Next % that way. That’s why at a race like Ironman Arizona the shoe showed up every single hour crossing the finish line.

I research this stuff for a living. For years running in Central Park there was one shoe that didn’t fit with all of the rest, the Nike Free. It showed up often. Today, run in Central Park and that shoe is the Vapor Fly Next %. There isn’t one runner type. It’s runners of all shapes and sizes and ages. It’s not the #1 shoe in the park it’s simply the shoe that stands out as not like all the other shoes.

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your posts and insights on this stuff. As a swim/biker who only really took to running in the past half decade I've really enjoyed your posts. Cheers mate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
DylanD wrote:

My toes were all the way to the front and they hurt. Heels felt fine though.

Is the general consensus that they run a tad short in length?

I'm between a 12.5 and 13 and just ordered the 12.5 since I couldn't find reviews online that mentioned anything other than "normal" sizing.
Last edited by: re-fresh: Jan 21, 20 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [re-fresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a 8.5 and ended up with a 9 and it worked great for me. I accidently got 2 pairs when Jack Rabbit had them for $150 a while back and just kept them. May end up selling the unworn pair as I don't race enough to need 2 really, but they are pretty damn nice so I may just race more ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [re-fresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair, had to test after all the hype. Bought a 9 as all my Nike, both sneakers and running shoes (Fly Zoom flyknit and Fly Zoom 3). The 9 fits fine, half a size bigger would also work. Does feel a little tighter than my size 9 Fly Zoom 3 but i think is mostly because the upper does not ”flex” at all (the Fly 3 has the same upper but an inner sock as well so feels softer/more flexible).

Terrific shoe, definitely faster than everything else i have tried. Much much softer than the Fly 3, ultraboost soft but with pop. Feels easy on the body as well. Considering buying another pair and only run in Next, if I once again can purchase at a good price (bought at $200 which is normal for high ends in Europe).

Downside - for me - is that they can only be used for running. I travel on short trips a fair bit - without luggage - and wearing a pair of toned down Ultraboost can work for both business (very) casual and running. The Nikes are way to spacy, and also feel very strange to walk around in. Plus price of course, Fly Zoom 3 or Ultraboosts can be had for around $130 in Europe. Next well worth its price though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally decided on the Ekiden Next%.

My total was $212.50 @ Running Warehouse (no cost for shipping or tax)

$250 + 15% military discount

You have to call for the military discount or email them after you order to take it off.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 24, 20 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a general PSA....the new Zoom NEXT% BRS version are available on Nike’s site and go up to size 15. I haven’t seen 14’s and 15’s in awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aaaaaaand it's gone. Only M11.5–M15 available. I've been checking my email every morning for weeks (would be really nice to get a pair that's not in a ridiculous color) and they happen to drop the shoe the morning of my 4-hour brick workout. Just my luck.

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just putting some lock lace elastic laces in mine so they can work in transition... have any of you found a way to stop the stupid flappy tongue from twisting up when you put your foot in by any chance? I've re-laced them a dozen times and its cracking me up! This tongue is the only thing i dislike about the shoe, its absolutely rubbish!

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply

Prev Next