Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [thekidd142] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thekidd142 wrote:
I think we can all agree "Lampchop" is the best name for this thread.

I don't you can get ALL of ST to agree and ANYTHING; the best you can hope for is a significant majority

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:
I am astonished at the level of free time some of you have. Not so much for having a thread as long as a Stephen King novel, but to do such research into the background of this guy. I'm not sure what the motivation is to go after this guy so hard. Yes, SL has some screws loose upstairs, but those searching the internet for background certainly have their own mental instability issues as well.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randymar wrote:
thekidd142 wrote:
I think we can all agree "Lampchop" is the best name for this thread.

I don't you can get ALL of ST to agree and ANYTHING; the best you can hope for is a significant majority

Exactly. And my vote goes for "Trucker Hat" :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about that, if you stand there shouting "look at me" you can't really complain when some people look a bit harder than you might like...

This whole situation is self-induced by the OP. Apparently he lives fairly near me so I am grateful to be able to avoid his type.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
TheGupster wrote:
I am astonished at the level of free time some of you have. Not so much for having a thread as long as a Stephen King novel, but to do such research into the background of this guy. I'm not sure what the motivation is to go after this guy so hard. Yes, SL has some screws loose upstairs, but those searching the internet for background certainly have their own mental instability issues as well.

Exactly what I was thinking.[/quote

If it were you or I who created this post you better believe that the OP would be
leading the charge in getting to "the truth". Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
TheGupster wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Not to derail this thread from the original point that Lambchop here has his own mental issues, it should not be assumed that those who took the time to research to find the truth of the matter are in any way unstable. The simplest explanations would be that those people are bored, or they are looking for the truth. They are, at worst, Ron Livingston in Office Space, or Fox Mulder.
Last edited by: thekidd142: Jun 17, 14 12:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it takes tons of my time to type " Bryan Lamb" into my google bar and get results, especially with my 50Mbps / 10Mbps speeds.

It's only natural to want to know more about a person with an imagination as big as his.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:
He shouldn't return. The ST bullies want him too, which is why I said they have mental issues themselves. People searching the net to find stuff against this guy are no different than any other type of bully. They smell blood and go for the kill just for the sake of ones own entertainment and to gain the acceptance of others. Maybe for some it is a maturity issue, but if you're a grown adult and doing this, then yes you have some mental issues as well.

In 2013 pretty much any assertiveness was called bullying. But now we've adopted a more nuanced and realistic understanding of what's actual bullying.

And while bullying definitions differ, the common theme is that the actions of the aggressor are unprovoked. And as others have pointed out, The Lamb has done an awful lot of provoking--akin to poking a stick into a beehive.

Most of the reactions fall in the realm of community self-policing--keeping a group/society in line by peer pressure. The googling around for other info is because SL violated a pretty big social expectation---that non-anonymous posters are somehow expected to be more upstanding and less likely to lie. People were surprised, started looking for a trend of lying, and found it.

I agree that it wouldn't benefit Mr. Surfing to come back on here, and I agree that this thread has the potential to tip over an edge into harassment, and I hope we collectively restrain ourselves from that. But I hope it also serves as a deterrent to others who are tempted to make up grand stories for their personal benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is something wrong with me. I am also fascinated by narcissistic pathological liars. It never ceases to amaze me how they point attention to themselves and then use verbal gymnastics to perpetuate their lies.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [thekidd142] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all it takes is type his name in Google and you will find all kind of information. Now the real question is, is that his real name? are these his photos?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
Yes, there is something wrong with me. I am also fascinated by narcissistic pathological liars. It never ceases to amaze me how they point attention to themselves and then use verbal gymnastics to perpetuate their lies.

I am also fascinated by pathological liars. While I don't consider myself to be a perfect human being I think I fall pretty squarely within the range of mentally stable.

It would be fascinating to know what people are thinking, but it is in their nature never to tell you I guess.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so I can get a shot in before this one runs out: http://www.wendymcclure.net/...lamb-and-plagiarism/

It is another account that backs up the previous link shared regarding Lamb's less than honest approach to the internet.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that Surfermag/Slowtwitch BL is not the photographer/model/plagiarist writer BL.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is definitely interesting. And someone just changed his username. Carry on . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you see the other links - apparently the same Blogger profile as the current Bryan Lamb, and it references triathlon.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mercuryvapor wrote:
Yes, it takes tons of my time to type " Bryan Lamb" into my google bar and get results, especially with my 50Mbps / 10Mbps speeds.

It's only natural to want to know more about a person with an imagination as big as his.

It's not the time; it is the obsession.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
mercuryvapor wrote:

It's not the time; it is the obsession.

Just out of curiosity Maui, how much of the 22 pages of this thread have you read?

Point being, I find it ironic for someone with enough curiosity to read/skim a 22 page thread about nonsense to turn around and judge others for going a small step further to find out a little background info on this guy. Pot meet kettle. I google people of interest from time to time. Like when my work credit card gets hacked and caught up in some weird online scam (this happens way too frequently with AMEX!)

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Last edited by: warwicke36: Jun 17, 14 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Printer wrote:

I am also fascinated by pathological liars. While I don't consider myself to be a perfect human being I think I fall pretty squarely within the range of mentally stable.

Me too, and I have a little pity for lambchop as I suspect you guys do too.

Pity aside, I put it at 80/20 that lambchop has cut a course. Someone find it. Please.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe we could call the tread "trucker hat gate" or "lambgate"?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP is still active here but changed his username to "surfl". Why bother?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [trainlighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably to throw off The Google, or maybe just to save some face.

But...

Bryan Lamb triathlon username SurfingLamb SurfL coach trucker hat

...oughta take care of that nicely :)

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His signature line links are gone too.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funny thing is that no matter what the name change he chooses, it will always be associated as the OP of this thread.

No delete buttons to help anyone out of this mess.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [trainlighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trainlighter wrote:
The funny thing is that no matter what the name change he chooses, it will always be associated as the OP of this thread.

He is maybe worried that someone will forward this thread to the companies and teams he represents. They might not be so happy with him...
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
trainlighter wrote:

He is maybe worried that someone will forward this thread to the companies and teams he represents. They might not be so happy with him...

Have you seen his list of PR's? His sponsors will be okay
Quote Reply

Prev Next