Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Cav triples up, Kirby barely holds it together !! Bad crash into barriers behind front of race but that was a huge group heading into finale

Lefevere is probably orgasmic now
Last edited by: heyMartin: Apr 14, 21 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirby and Lefevre together need to be medically monitored for cardiac issues. Cav has looked good against a weaker field; I'm not even convinced he is the strongest sprinter there, but what he is displaying is experience and PATIENCE. He hasn't overreacted once. Hopefully everyone is safe after that crash. It looked bad all around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that it's a weak filed, and I am not sure that cav will win anything when he goes up against the big boys.
But still 3 wins in a row is still something.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way he wins a proper race is if its something like the Binck Bank Tour. He just isn't going to get the chances to even ride most big races. Maybe the Vuelta if he is selected and can make it over the climbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cav is putting on a sprinting seminar this week. Lot of jockeying for position but he nailed it again.

Seemed he didn’t really celebrate and was concerned about Jakobsen’s well-being with the crash. I did DK a couple years ago with Noah Granigan, who was among riders that went to hospital. Hope he and everyone else is ok.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Apr 14, 21 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I agree that it's a weak filed, and I am not sure that cav will win anything when he goes up against the big boys.
But still 3 wins in a row is still something.

And beating Philipsen three days in a row is impressive. He had great positioning, moved guys around. And the past two made Philipsen a bit eager, looked like he went too early.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting a bit stronger every day. Historically I've always had an L/R balance of 49/51. We are trending back in the right direction. It was even worse than this a few weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, some bad crashes today - Brabantse Pijl too.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carnage everywhere. Lot of power in this front group but wonder if it will stall out.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to seeing Pidcock's sprint
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on Toms!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was my thought, what is P Diddy's play in this group? He is seriously outgunned on a pure power basis is he not?

ETA: Well...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Last edited by: Sulliesbrew: Apr 14, 21 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
That was my thought, what is P Diddy's play in this group? He is seriously outgunned on a pure power basis is he not?

Guess not! WvA went way early, though. I didn't think the chasers were much threat.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 14, 21 8:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looked pretty solid.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Cockster!

Carlton Kirby is quivering with delight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way too early, I am guessing he got nervous from the chasers? Them cross boys are putting a hurt on the pure roadie field.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WvA went way early, though. I didn't think the chasers were much threat.

Awesome. And even more impressive to not panic and let Wout jump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

Guess not! WvA went way early, though. I didn't think the chasers were much threat.

At first glance, didn't seem like it (I think he went with 175 m to go), but on second thought, probably a long way out after having just climbed a hill to the finish.

Looks like they changed the course lay-out, too.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well there's no question Demi Vollering was too early. :) Could have made it two breakthrough races by newer pros.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 14, 21 8:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Well there's no question Demi Vollering was too early. :) Could have made it two breakthrough races by newer pros.

As if we needed another reminder why it's important to celebrate only after having crossed the line
Vollering came through with a lot of speed (the smaller dimensions of her bike is a giveaway for that), but Winders just nicked it, by the tightest of margins. Winders' bike throw didn't look all that great at first glance, but it did the job.

That said, it really is hard to fault Vollering. It wasn't full on Alaphilippe.

Last edited by: echappist: Apr 14, 21 9:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:

As if we needed another reminder why it's important to celebrate only after having crossed the line
Vollering came through with a lot of speed (the smaller dimensions of her bike is a giveaway for that), but Winders just nicked it, by the tightest of margins. Winders' bike throw didn't look all that great at first glance, but it did the job.

Damn. I'll be honest, I didn't realize Ruth W even won. I turned it off after the finish.

By the way I love the Merican kit. Very very cool and its nice to see the team let them display it proudly. Right up there on full display with Colombia and France national champs kit.

Speaking of champs, I saw some of the guys and gals in the center today for VO2 testing. Super interesting and unexpected both with below and above expected values you think you'd see from professional riders. It is just another Cav affirmation; insane lab numbers don't necessarily translate in to real world success. The most prolific rider tested today, had a fairly "mediocre" test. (He is still a HUGE outlier compared to a normal athlete).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:

Damn. I'll be honest, I didn't realize Ruth W even won. I turned it off after the finish.

By the way I love the Merican kit. Very very cool and its nice to see the team let them display it proudly. Right up there on full display with Colombia and France national champs kit.

Speaking of champs, I saw some of the guys and gals in the center today for VO2 testing. Super interesting and unexpected both with below and above expected values you think you'd see from professional riders. It is just another Cav affirmation; insane lab numbers don't necessarily translate in to real world success. The most prolific rider tested today, had a fairly "mediocre" test. (He is still a HUGE outlier compared to a normal athlete).

This post is a total tease. At least let us know what the range of VO2 max values would be. Are there any male pros in the low 60s? Can you make a living in the 50s or is it all 70+?

In other semi-cav related news. I looked at the Tour of Turkey results today and while there may be a bit of sprinting talent, it definitely looks like a B-team race. Pretty much nothing but Pro Continental riders in the top 10 on today’s climbing stage.

Demare and FdJ crushed everyone in the sprint at the other big race today where they had a wide, flat and open run into the line. It reminded me of a Pettachi sprint with a full train for FdJ at the 1k banner and Ewan et al. Had nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
In other semi-cav related news. I looked at the Tour of Turkey results today and while there may be a bit of sprinting talent, it definitely looks like a B-team race. Pretty much nothing but Pro Continental riders in the top 10 on today’s climbing stage.

I feel for the Danish guy (Charming Charmig) who attacked with like 1.5k to go. You could watch him just unravel physically and mentally in gruesome slow motion.

Over in Spain was fun seeing Robin Carpenter out in front all day (have ridden with him a bit (social rides)).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

I feel for the Danish guy (Charming Charmig) who attacked with like 1.5k to go. You could watch him just unravel physically and mentally in gruesome slow motion.

Over in Spain was fun seeing Robin Carpenter out in front all day (have ridden with him a bit (social rides)).

Gavin Mannion lives in town to I am obligated to be a Rally fan. It was great to see them get the win with Arvid and I was rooting for Carpenter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next