Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I’m over on your side flying through Amsterdam to Finland, and meet up to ride with partners in FNLD GRVL (2/3 pictured here). We rode together at SBT last week and it was awesome to hear Tiffany talk about the Tour.

Uh, I'm going to be.....on my trainer....maybe watching some GCN? :)

Have fun over there. Someone has to live right.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Remco
Roglic
Yates

I like your prediction. But Remco's trouble on long climbs has looked like more than just issues with tweaks with bodyweight. I haven't seen anything close to 3-week consistency yet.

Hindley and Higgy over at Bora are going to be a factor. Almeida and Bam Bam at UAE.

But I'll take a flyer that JuanPe breaks through.

Roglic
Hindley
JuanPe
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed about Remco historically on these climbs. I guess I feel like being another year removed, more physically and maybe mentally mature will lead to him handling these a bit better. Performance wise the engine is there, but can he do it day in and day out still remains to be seen.

I was guilty of overlooking after his second place at the Giro. I still worry a lot about his TT but he has shown he can back up big performances in long stage races.

JuanPe - I would LOVE for that to happen, but I think his TT will kill him. He is the unofficial patron of the peloton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don’t want to hear where I’m going next…

Lot of big unknowns with this Vuelta. 55k of TTs favors Roglic and Remco but can either go the distance? Hindley seems like a good bet too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
predictions:
remco
sivakov
yates

nothing too bold here. remco's win rate is cray and he takes no quarter when it comes to going solo.
picking siv to emerge from the ineos juggernaut (that is complete dice roll)
picking yates to defy his i had a bad day - i only chase stages mo (also big dice roll)
not picking roglic also a dice roll but i remember him dialing it back this spring when he wasnt quite all there (basque tour?).

will it be as attacking as the tour? i have to think folks have doubts about all these contenders and 3 week form.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly haven't got a clue when it comes to the prediction, I genuinely can't decide,

One thing is sure; the racing will be savage. Once they are out of Netherlands there is going to be no let-up, and even those stages sprinters could win are going to keep the GC riders interested until the final KM.

Should be an excellent race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roglic is tough as nails, but I don't know this year with that injury at the Tour... still, the Vuelta suits him and this route in particular.

I don't have any reason to doubt the Paz's form, he's also well suited to the Vuelta and has a good team.

I'd like to see Almeida get up there, and he can TT well enough that it's doable for him. I just love that his determination/ability to suffer.

I see this as being Remco's best chance at a GT win with the TT kms (and a good TTT squad) and without as many long sustained climbs as the other GTs. Still, I think he'll crack in the 3rd week.

Higgy will do well here. Maybe not a GC podium, but stage wins for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
predictions:
remco
sivakov
yates

nothing too bold here. remco's win rate is cray and he takes no quarter when it comes to going solo.
picking siv to emerge from the ineos juggernaut (that is complete dice roll)
picking yates to defy his i had a bad day - i only chase stages mo (also big dice roll)
not picking roglic also a dice roll but i remember him dialing it back this spring when he wasnt quite all there (basque tour?).

will it be as attacking as the tour? i have to think folks have doubts about all these contenders and 3 week form.

Sivakov is on form and going great so I could see it. He has too avoid the pavement though. Its been a former f'r for him constantly these past two years.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Roglic is tough as nails, but I don't know this year with that injury at the Tour... still, the Vuelta suits him and this route in particular.

I don't have any reason to doubt the Paz's form, he's also well suited to the Vuelta and has a good team.

I'd like to see Almeida get up there, and he can TT well enough that it's doable for him. I just love that his determination/ability to suffer.

I see this as being Remco's best chance at a GT win with the TT kms (and a good TTT squad) and without as many long sustained climbs as the other GTs. Still, I think he'll crack in the 3rd week.

Higgy will do well here. Maybe not a GC podium, but stage wins for sure.

Supposedly Higuita has been targeting GC here all year as his big goal. A podium would be fun to see. I'm curious to see their team dynamic with their leaders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope JV doesn't come out with a nice buffer after the TTT
It will motivate the French to not include one in next year's tour.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

Who's the current best French hope? "Waiting For" Gaudu? I bet FDJ, if they took it seriously, could put together a decent TTT around King Kung and Tobias Ludvigsson.

If it *replaced* an ITT it might be preferable given any current French GC guy is going to get blown out in an ITT vs. TPo, Roglic, Venga, Thomas....
Last edited by: trail: Aug 19, 22 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

It will be interesting. I assume this is between TJV, Ineos, whatever Lefevre's team is named and maybe Bike Exchange.

I think we get Remco or Rohan in Red.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 19, 22 9:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bobke & CVV on the call; CVV sounds like he's using a helicopter mic - little bit of compression there, audio-wise

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really listen to their feed. How is it besides the audio issues?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJV a minute up on QS at the first checkpoint with Kuss dangling off of the back. That kid is going to be fried. I think its useful for Roglic's GC bid to protect him and finish close.

Wow Gesink in to red and Kuss finishes with the boys I think. Affini and Dennis were taking some ridiculous pulls out there. Dennis is looking as lean as I've ever seen him so it will be a good time in the mountains I suspect.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 19, 22 11:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Dennis is looking as lean as I've ever seen him so it will be a good time in the mountains I suspect.

Must be over whatever it was that hospitalized him at the Commonwealth Games. Watch out Ineos, because Dennis seems to ride with a chip on his shoulder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping we see Giro 2020 Dennis. When he gets things lined up correctly physically and mentally, he is next level good.

What weird ass sun stuffed animal did they pass out on the podium? That's a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping Kuss might upload his TTT to Strava with full power so we could look more in to the team performance, but alas its the one type of stage where he hides his power. He did post his warmup though.

https://www.strava.com/activities/7665952554/analysis
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
You don’t want to hear where I’m going next…

Off to Ibiza to a foam party with PM Sanna, the party girl?

I like Almeida for some reason. Was super strong recently.
Last edited by: McNulty: Aug 20, 22 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need more Sanna's in politics. Bring on younger, articulate and intelligent leaders. I digress. If we see Spackler dancing like her there will be similar problems and calls for drug testing. ;)

I need to retreat to this thread as the PTO threads are weirdly toxic. Banter here remains fun and informing about actual racing.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 20, 22 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
In an attempt to add some variety to our morning routine, I bought a package of Segafredo coffee

"Vivace
Notes of honey and blackberry, with chocolate hiding in the background of this medium roast. It’s not about playing loud; it’s about plucking the right string"

--- except I keep wanting to call it "TREK-Segafredo"

That is all, carry on

I bagged some Segafredo (yeah, I call it Trek-Segafredo coffee too) Enzo at half price in grocery this morning. Enzo's the only one I've tried that I like, other's too fruity. Brewed up a pot when I got home.

Petersen came close today. I'm always cheering for him since he lost most of his WC season.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chapeau to Sam Bennett after the way he was treated by Patrick L. And nice of Ala to shake his hand for well deserved win.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jellybelly wrote:
Chapeau to Sam Bennett after the way he was treated by Patrick L. And nice of Ala to shake his hand for well deserved win.
only caught the end, glad it's on the Olympic Channel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You have to love Mitch. "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
i can hear his inflections and unique delivery in that one simple line. RIP MH
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Froglic in green!? Long live Froglic, King of Spain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next