Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
renorider wrote:
Def. a racer. One of my workmates owns 6 cars, and 2 of them are Miatas.

With 3, it's easy - there's the racer, the donor car, and the project.

Well, he's down to one out front now

Maybe the other two are in the garage someplace getting their parts swapped?

So, i didn't see that one is on the gravel driveway, and another is parked in the street around the corner

No sign of the one with racing stripes, though

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I posted on Instagram, there's a "junkyard" near me, that I don't often go by. My running/biking routes kinda go around it, so I don't think about sharing here

They repaved the road that runs past it, and I made a point of riding by yesterday

There are some pretty interesting finds in there

Maybe some of our airplane nerds can identify these relics [I think we got a DC-6, a Martin Marauder, a Sabre jet, and some random jet engines, but I am totally just guessing]

Also, this particular junkyard was in a movie

http://www.fast-rewind.com/locations_eddie.htm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Also, this particular junkyard was in a movie

http://www.fast-rewind.com/locations_eddie.htm[/url][/quote[/url]]

I'll have to go and watch that movie again. I don't remember the scene with the route 9 wooden bridge. I can picture the 9th st causeway bridge now.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently, according to the signs I've seen popping up around town, "Morning Happy Hour" is a thing at some of our local taverns

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude around the corner had some massive mushrooms growing in his lawn. I half expected to see a caterpillar sitting on top, smoking from a hookah

Before I could go around and get a pic, landscapers had run them over with the lawnmower

I have a feeling they'll grow back, given proper conditions

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw a “jumper” this past Sunday morning.

Was running my usual route, and came across a road block. Police and firefighters everywhere. Took me a while to figure out what’s going on. A dude was standing on the outside of a balcony railing on the 4th floor. They did have a “bouncy castle” landing deployed for him, and by the looks of it he would need some serious push-off to go past that in either direction.

Came back an hour later and he was still there. Not sure what was going on in his life - hope he is ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a dog walking a dog on my ride today. Does this count? I also saw a pirate ship full of pirates. (Seafair pirates for the locals.) On the same ride also saw a barge floating down a lake, with a small helicopter on it black R22. Had to look three times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Then pushing 400W up a hill and going very fast myself, had a young guy in local team kit pass me as if I were standing still. Never seen such a thing except on TV. Nope it wasn't E-bike. This guy was just really good.

Then had a raven waiting for peanuts by my house and it would not move away when I rode by. That was non-standard. They are usually shy.

So yeah. Eventful ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I have a feeling they'll grow back, given proper conditions

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday, I saw a DeLorean

An actual DeLorean ... and it was moving ... under it;s own power!!!

Of all the times NOT to have my phone!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [maxbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. A hawk almost knocked me off my bike. I felt the wind from its wings in my face as he was going after a small rabbit.
2. A horse in the middle of the road.
3. A topless women riding bike
4. Live chickens where a chicken truck crashed.
5. Had a suicidal squirrel get caught in my back wheel. I almost crashed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was running through a forest preserve near my house, I come around the corner and 15 feet off the trail is a nude woman sitting on a log with her back to me. There was a man in front of her with a big ass camera taking "nature shots".
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol! This response is gold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I routinely ride near a wedding venue and find sex toys littered in the gutter nearby. So far I have found, three vibrators of various colors and a massive dildo.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread cracks me up. Almost as good as the denizens of the deep in the local pools.

1. I'm on the sidewalk running against traffic. Car coming towards me loses its left front tire. Just fell off and bounced toward me. Missed me by a few feet. The smell of the metal grinding on the road was horrible.
2. Running through the neighborhood. Car is coming toward me somewhat slowly. Kid is standing up and out of the sunroof doing his best Titanic "I'm king of the world" impression. Mom was driving and turned on the wiper fluid soaking the kid. She was laughing pretty hard.
3. Running through the same neighborhood when a guy in full hockey gear - pads, helmet and stick (no skates) runs by on the other side of the road. Saw him two other times the next week - each time with a different outfit. It was fall, so I assumed he was getting ready for hockey season.
4. Running by the apartments near the local university. Two guys on lawn chairs are soaking up the sun. Leaning on their cooler is a sign "you honk, we drink." A car goes by and honks. They raise their beers in salute and proceed to empty the cans in one long swig.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [phishtales] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does a working Pay phone count?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guy walking his cow down the road. It was unusual because the cow is usually tied up to the lawnmower.

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [tortoiseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit is right! I said it almost at the same time as the male voice.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45777842

Weird?

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was running down a pretty secluded gravel road. I came up on a pretty trashy mobile home on the right side of the road and sitting out front in the yard was an elderly couple sitting on an old, beat up sofa, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. To make it worse there was about 5-7 cats running all around them.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [mdisciple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I were relaxing outside in beaitiful weather enjoying our animals a smoke and a beer and this guy comes wheezing by looked to be in a lot of pain
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! touche! I was wheezing pretty hard...
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude around the corner waited a little too long to cut his grass

The clippings were kinda damp and piled up so high he couldn't use a blower on them, so he had to break out the snowshovel

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be me until you said snow shovel. No one in dallas knows what that is. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple new ones from last week

While waiting for the light to change, a dude rode by on his Harley. Although he zoomed by pretty fast, I noticed that he had a bicycle water bottle & cage attached to each side of his apehangers

Never seen that set-up on a motorcycle before = pretty brilliant

Another day, another corner, another stoplight

This one has a fairly beat-up patch of pavement on a short pitch approaching the intersection. Dude in a fairly beaten work truck rode up, perhaps a little too hot and the driver's side real wheel hit a divot/pothole with a WHAM!!! The whole truck shuddered and the left rear corner suddenly dropped, as the wheel popped right off!!! With sparks flying from the brake rotor dragging on the ground, the driver steered the truck to the opposite shoulder, in a wide 90* arc. As if it had a mind of its own, the runaway wheel rolled through the intersection, crossed the street, gently leaned itself to the left and ended up behind the waiting vehicle, as if to say "I'm sorry. Are you OK?"

Quote Reply

Prev Next