slmcknight wrote:
Linky no worky

It's almost 7 years old and my thread:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ad%20bodies#p2736221

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [maxbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple months back on my Sunday ride, I went past the local dog park mid-morning. I looked over as I rode by and saw a lady squatting down in her yoga pants while her dog quite enthusiastically licked her butt crack. I looked ahead for a second and turned my head back to make sure I wasn't imagining it. Sure enough, still happening. There were other people with their dogs in the park, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Route66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Route66 wrote:
A couple months back on my Sunday ride, I went past the local dog park mid-morning. I looked over as I rode by and saw a lady squatting down in her yoga pants while her dog quite enthusiastically licked her butt crack. I looked ahead for a second and turned my head back to make sure I wasn't imagining it. Sure enough, still happening. There were other people with their dogs in the park, too.

W.T.F!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three santas at a gas station needing directions to Holiday World, IN.

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is Rudolph when you need him?

Based on this thread and the Strange Denizens of the Pool thread, I have concluded I live a boring life in a boring part of the world. I also can't stop laughing as I read these threads. Keep them coming please.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6am local run from running store and we saw one of the big commercial trash pickup vehicles with the trash on fire. Told someone at work, and they said it must be why they saw a huge pile of trash on fire in a field.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today on my ride I was at a red light waiting when two teenagers come out of a building each with glass blender pitchers in their hands, each one about half full of what was the color of blended margaritas. No lids on the pitchers, so i thought maybe their were being weird drinking directly out of the benders as a joke. Then they both walk out to car in the intersection waiting to make a left turn and one by one hand the open lid 1/2 full bender pitchers to the driver, then they walk back to the sidewalk and wait for the crosswalk light to turn green and simply walk across the street. I thought I was hallucinating. Not that out there.. but strange enough that my brain was think WTF are these people doing? .. and what is the driver of the car going to do with two blenders full of blended drinks (with no lids.) Light turned green and the car simply drove away.

Quote | Reply
Years ago now I was riding in my old farm town in Illinois. A police car pulled up behind me. Ride my ass really close and popped the lights and siren on and off a few times. I slowed down, was already on the shoulder, they turned off... odd... A few miles down the road, the same car did the same thing. Came up almost next to me, but stayed behind me. Really messing with me. BUT IT WAS A POLICE CAR!?!?
A few miles down the road again, it gets up behind me, I slow down, it peels off past me. Then I see the car. "Metropolis PD." -i totally forgot that they were filming the then "new" superman movie in my town. Hah! It was some young stage hand douche messing around.
The made the small town of Plano, Illinois into "Smallville". Where (as far as I know) the town hall still has "welcome to smallville" painted 30 feet tall on the side of the building.
That's gotta make the list!

Then I moved to oregon. Had passed out homeless gentlemen with needles still in their arms across the bike path, all kinds of eagles, hawks, and cool wild animals. Formulating hobos abound. One trail runner surprised by me running up while she was looking like 2 feet off the trail... all kinds of fun stuff. No human bodies, luckily!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Russian Beluga Caviar...

About 20-30 1 oz tins at a T-Intersection a couple miles from the International Airport.

Most tins were pretty smashed up, but I still was able to gather about 10 undamaged tins.

Luckily weather had been cool and they had bee shaded (by tall grass and the railing), so the product was still good.

Turned out to be an expensive find anyway, as I had to come up with some appropriate bubbly...
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Russian Beluga Caviar...

roe kill

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the bike (all road not mt.),, wolf, bear, rattlesnakes, bobcat, red fox and other assorted critters. Running, Bill Clinton (when president) also running with a complete Secret Service contingent, Reid Shelton (the actor who played Big Daddy Warbucks in Annie) on a morning walk (wearing a very nice suit) in a residential neighborhood in Seattle and a Bald Eagle munching on road kill.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [salty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without reading any further, you win.

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [BigPat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry was referring to the Peter Pan post.

I saw an asteroid/rock pass through the sky when I was riding home from work about 20 years ago. Had just stopped to fix something on my bike, looked up at the right time.

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [isbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Red fox sleeping in the middle of the road
  • coyote giving me a weird look.
  • crow eating a snake (yummy treat)
  • full squadron of wild turkeys running in front of me
  • lady yelling at me for no reason at railroad crossing stop (husband laughing hysterically)
  • Cop with speed gun radar and giving me the thumbs up.
  • Guy speeding past me and yelling obscenities.... gets pulled over for speeding by speed gun radar cop, who gives him the thumbs down.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for a spring marathon, way out on a country road, as the snow was melting, I caught a glance of something shiny sticking out of a snow bank. I went back. It was half a joint still in the jaws of a pair of surgical clamps!

I ditched the joint but took the clamps home. They are super handy for working on the bike, pulling cables out of places you can see, but not reach with my fingers. ;-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a long bike ride, I spied a neoprene cover for the person hole in a kayak, on the side of the road! The kind to stop bugs and crud going inside the kayak when it's on the roof of a car. I picked it up, rolled it tightly and stuffed it into 2 of my 3 jersey pockets. LOL. Yes I got some weird looks from passing motorists.

My buddy had just taken up kayaking and was very appreciative of it :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy standing in the bushes masturbating looking at me on the bike leg, I then saw him 20 minutes later, weirdly I seemed to be the only one out of 2000 competitors that saw him..
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Bancarel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bancarel wrote:

Wild Turkeys are just hobo peacocks

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Bancarel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bancarel wrote:

• Red fox sleeping in the middle of the road
  • coyote giving me a weird look.
  • crow eating a snake (yummy treat)
  • lady yelling at me for no reason at railroad crossing stop (husband laughing hysterically)
  • Cop with speed gun radar and giving me the thumbs up.
  • Guy speeding past me and yelling obscenities.... gets pulled over for speeding by speed gun radar cop, who gives him the thumbs down.

If you had ridden by my house yesterday you could have seen a crow eating a mouse on top of my mailbox. Then you could have seen him leave the half eaten mouse there and fly off. Thankfully something came by later and took the rest of the mouse.

Last edited by: bufordt: May 22, 17 8:53
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Austin 70.3 maybe 3 years ago. Running with a girl, usual chit chat until she declared that her tummy didn't feel so good. Then I notice that she is now grimacing and chanting "I think I'm gonna shit, I think I'm gonna shit". She then reaches her hand down the back of her shorts and proceeds to shit in her hand. Didn't hang around long to see what she did with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Ratlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does a dead body count?

Yes... serious. Earlier this spring on my lunch break

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/...suspicious-1.3309172
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, if it doesn't exactly say "found by jogger" can we count it?

It's a shame because they had tow opportunities to put it in there with "found dead by the shores of the Fraser River" and "body was found in an industrial area"

My brother-in-law found a legitimate gangster rolled up in a blanket while on his paper route one morning, just off the Atlantic City Expressway. He thought it was just a carpet that had fallen off a truck or something, until he noticed the sneakers sticking out of it. Eventually, the cops came and ID'd it

http://www.nytimes.com/...slain-in-jersey.html

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention

Yesterday, I saw a dude with almost this exact setup on his bike

Before I could stop to ask him about it, he was gone

Oddly, there was no place I could see where he might have turned off the road ... maybe he disappeared back into his TARDIS?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On bike - Dead horse carcas on
In Reply To:
side of road at Ironman Louisville 2014
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I once rode over a small snake going uphill from the bottom of Col de la Morte to lake Laffrey in France. I was really tired and could not react quick enough to avoid it. Pretty uncommon for a Dutch guy.

Again in France, going up Cret de Chatilon (mount semnoz) there were a lot of cows with bells on the road side. Then, it began to become very misty up the mountain and I couldn't see more than 50 meters. All of a sudden, there was a tremendous amount of bells closing in on me. As it sounded like a stampede of cows, I shoved myself up against the rock wall trying to avoid getting trampled. Luckily it was just a big herd of goat leaded by a shepherd.

Dosis sola facit venenum
Quote Reply

Prev Next