Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
tobrien wrote:
Too much action for me

+1 to this

I've had the opportunity to have the most impeccable timing when running in front of the firehouse just as the horn went off

Almost had something to post in the "Shit My Pants" thread

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [maxbrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple having sex about 10 ft off the CO trail near Deckers, CO. I rode by quickly on my Mtn bike and they didn’t stop.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saturday morning casket delivery at the funeral home up the street

I never really thought about it before, but of course there must certainly be casket companies, and deliveries, thereof

https://www.batesville.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I've had the opportunity to have the most impeccable timing when running in front of the firehouse just as the horn went off

Almost had something to post in the "Shit My Pants" thread

My great grandfather was actually killed this way (it was a horse drawn fire wagon thing back in England).
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a competition, but just running in the neighborhood:

About a week ago running the hilly loop in my neighborhood with my kids riding behind me on their bikes. It's hilly enough it's a solid workout for them.

With about 1/2 mile to go home it's downhill mostly now. We're using the sidewalk going past some hedges between where one grouping of houses is along the street and another. While we stopped at the stop sign just up the street I noticed two probably young HS age girls walking where we'd be going. They see us on the corner across the street waiting. I give them time to get ahead enough to avoid them, time of Covid, give space.

They turn into the hedges. OK, maybe a cut thru to another set of houses. Kids, whatever. We take off. We get to where they went into the hedges and I look to see if there's a little cut thru.

No cut thru, just two very very naked from the waist down and kneeling down high school aged girls. I look straight back ahead and make zero indication to the kids anything is going on. They don't look, praise be they didn't look.

I've zero idea why they did whatever they were doing there. Pissing, about to do each other, dunno. They freaking saw us not 20 seconds earlier at the stop sign before they popped into the hedges.

All I could think is my kids seeing it and yelling out something and then there's a skewed situation with a pedo local runner with his young kids and naked HS girls.

Cliffs: teach your kids of ANY age to take a piss or naked or whatever deviant crap well out of world view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the Marine Corps Marathon 2012 I was running with my brother-in-law (a Marine) and we followed a women through the water stop. We both took notice when she poured out the water, pulled the crotch of her shorts over, and urinated in the cup, all while she kept walking. She never missed a step. When she finished, she threw the cup to the side of the road and starting running again. We both stopped dead in our tracks and just stared at each other....

Start slow and taper off....
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [Tronk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in high school cross county practice, came across two guys having sex in the woods. As a high school student in the 80's that was pretty shocking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tronk wrote:
We both took notice when she poured out the water, pulled the crotch of her shorts over, and urinated in the cup, all while she kept walking. She never missed a step. When she finished, she threw the cup to the side of the road and starting running again.

How does one practice such a thing?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully in the privacy of her backyard. She has done this before. She was too good to not have.
It was impressive to say the least. To the casual bystander, they would have never seen it. We were either in the best or worst position to notice, depending on how you feel about that sort of thing :)

Start slow and taper off....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... And depending on which way the wind was blowing #sidesplash

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once tripped over a dildo while running in the grass on the edge of sidewalk. That was pretty weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [onboost91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it there vertically or horizontally?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once was propositioned by a woman in the middle of a ride. She was in her car and I politely declined.
A small very alive rattlesnake in the middle of the road. I shooed it into the weeds, no doubt saving it's life.
An adult magazine, open to the centerfold, while riding with a female friend. She saw it too. We kept riding.
A family of raccoons hopping in and out of a storm sewer.
Several times I have been attacked by a medium size owl in my neighborhood while running early in the morning, before daylight. The last time it swooped down and clawed my head four times in two blocks. I finally anticipated it and turned just in time to scare it off.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [mtschnur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtschnur wrote:
A small very alive rattlesnake in the middle of the road. I shooed it into the weeds, no doubt saving it's life.

I've helped a dozen or so turtles get across the road over the years [box & painted, NO snappers]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you, I always stop and help turtles too. Pretty common around here (South Texas).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding this afternoon, I was at the top of a long downhill that would turn into a relatively short but steep uphill. In the distance I could see a couple of cyclists riding the uphill, probably in the 10-20 kph range. No shoulder to speak of so they were taking up a bit of space in the road.

Behind them was a pickup truck, which had slowed down to pace them up the hill. The driver could not see what was coming from the other direction and waited until he crested the hill before passing the cyclists! THE PICKUP DID NOT PASS THE CYCLISTS UNTIL IT WAS SAFE.

It's the end time...
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [MEW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did it have tinted windows and a "Punisher" skull sticker on it? /pink
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [onboost91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a package for a "c#ck extender" on the grass in front of a house.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must've been an emergency

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [mtschnur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtschnur wrote:
Good for you, I always stop and help turtles too. Pretty common around here (South Texas).

Yes, even though I was sorted in Gryffindor, I'm always glad to help out my Slytherin - or any other reptilian - neighbors

Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Not a competition, but just running in the neighborhood:

About a week ago running the hilly loop in my neighborhood with my kids riding behind me on their bikes. It's hilly enough it's a solid workout for them.

With about 1/2 mile to go home it's downhill mostly now. We're using the sidewalk going past some hedges between where one grouping of houses is along the street and another. While we stopped at the stop sign just up the street I noticed two probably young HS age girls walking where we'd be going. They see us on the corner across the street waiting. I give them time to get ahead enough to avoid them, time of Covid, give space.

They turn into the hedges. OK, maybe a cut thru to another set of houses. Kids, whatever. We take off. We get to where they went into the hedges and I look to see if there's a little cut thru.

No cut thru, just two very very naked from the waist down and kneeling down high school aged girls. I look straight back ahead and make zero indication to the kids anything is going on. They don't look, praise be they didn't look.

I've zero idea why they did whatever they were doing there. Pissing, about to do each other, dunno. They freaking saw us not 20 seconds earlier at the stop sign before they popped into the hedges.

All I could think is my kids seeing it and yelling out something and then there's a skewed situation with a pedo local runner with his young kids and naked HS girls.

Cliffs: teach your kids of ANY age to take a piss or naked or whatever deviant crap well out of world view.

So, followup!!!

This morning on the way to work I see a probably 30 year old woman running towards me. I'm driving to work and am stopped at the light that is about 100 yards from this SAME location.

I notice the woman jog into the SAME bushes those girls went to. As the light turns green and I drive off,.........sure enough.......jogger woman popping a piss in the same bushes.

WTF!?
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put some TP in a Ziploc & leave it there

The girls will know they've been spotted, if nothing else

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maxbrain wrote:
So the "Why Do Runners Find All the Dead Bodies" thread ...

Sometimes, it's not even the whole body

https://www.fox13news.com/...burg-road-police-say

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
< In the spirit of completeness, I'm cross-posting this from the "Funeral Home" thread on the LR >

A few months ago, I was on my morning run and waiting at the stoplight on the corner where the auto body shop sits, when I smelled something very strange; something not familiar to me

There's also a Dominos on that corner, but they weren't open yet. Sometimes, because of my sharky nose, I can detect a passing cup of coffee or box of donuts, even though they'd gone by 5 or 10 minutes ago

But this was not the scent of anything edible

Dismissing those scenarios, I thought maybe someone had misdirected a torch or welder in the body shop and set some metal or rubber [or both] on fire

"That's gonna suck" I said to myself and looked up to see what color the stoplight was

Then I saw the grey smoke coming from the little chimney of the funeral home diagonally across the street

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once saw a LARGE snapping turtle crossing a road, stopping traffic. I happened to have my snow shovel in the car. I picked it up with the shovel and carried it across the road. I wasn’t running, but it’s a turtle story.
Quote Reply

Prev Next