Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Doh! I lost a big weekend workout! Finished no problem, hit that "end' icon, bu then got "error with sync" and then TR locked up completely. After quitting the application, the workout was totally gone, both offline and online. =(
Hope they can adjust it so that you can't just lose your entire 2+ hr workout after a glitch at the end. To their credit, Nate's really on it with stuff so if it's happening to anyone else, he'll likely fix it soon.

Hopefully it's not just me...

We can recover this workout. E-mail me at support@trainerroad.com. We also have a fix for this issue in 1.3.7 which is available at the bottom of this page: http://www.trainerroad.com.

What can happen is the DB can get locked and we can't write any data. We have a backup recording, so that's how we can recover it. 1.3.7 has a rebuilt database layer to retry on locks and to make sure that two transactions can't run at once. It also has built in recovery if the database still gets locked. It's nifty :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [vdubkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vdubkb wrote:
I plan on downloading my workouts and then loading then into my laptop. I will see tomorrow after I defrag and remove everything.

Try 1.3.7 too. There are some performance enhancements in it.

It's the beta located at http://www.trainerroad.com/install (bottom of that page).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate, I think you missed my question in #622, can you please answer it? No problem, I know it's a busy thread this morning, I'm just curious about it. Thanks!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Love this!

Dumb question - what's the white dot that sometimes appears? Seems like it gets put on your FTP, but it's not always there, so I was curious what it is. Thanks!

While you're in an interval it shows your average power for that interval. The white line is your target power. So if the white line and white dot are on top of each other, you're spot on.

Our latest beta will also tell you how well you did on your last interval. That's pretty nice.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Nate, I think you missed my question in #622, can you please answer it? No problem, I know it's a busy thread this morning, I'm just curious about it. Thanks!

Got it! Sorry, my daughter just HAD to watch Blues Clues, then we had a tea party :). Now mom is brushing her teeth so I'm back on this thread :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah-ha! That makes sense. Yes, I'm actually running the latest beta and the live interval metrics were cool. I just wish my legs would tolerate more time on the trainer at a high level.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tdschnei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tdschnei wrote:
I have a question regarding the virtual power. I know I need a cadence sensor and USB stick, but how does that calculate changes in power when I change gears? Is there a set gear I need to be in for it to work properly? Still waiting for my cadence sensor to give it a try, but I was just curious.

Aqua Man is spot on. We get it from speed, not cadence. So cadence + gearing = speed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tdschnei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To calculate virtual power, TrainerRoad needs a speed sensor on the rear wheel, not a cadence sensor.

Matthew
Twitter: @AlphaDogCycling
Instagram: @AlphaDogCycling
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Aqua Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with with battery life indicator on TR? Meaning on the screen where you pair your PM or HR strap, there is a readout of remaining battery life of the devices that are synced. They seem to bounce around a bit for me, but it would be a nice way to avoid a dead quarq battery on an outdoor ride if it's accurate...

Thoughts? experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trainer Road has singlehandedly made me fall in love with my trainer and rekindle a romance with my PowerTap!!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jsoderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't show remaining life, it shows how long the battery has been active for (based on the data from the ANT device).

I haven't really paid much attention to it other than, "Wow, my HR strap has been active for 60+ hours". I actually had to change my HR strap battery today!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Doh! I lost a big weekend workout! Finished no problem, hit that "end' icon, bu then got "error with sync" and then TR locked up completely. After quitting the application, the workout was totally gone, both offline and online. =(
Hope they can adjust it so that you can't just lose your entire 2+ hr workout after a glitch at the end. To their credit, Nate's really on it with stuff so if it's happening to anyone else, he'll likely fix it soon.

Hopefully it's not just me...

We can recover this workout. E-mail me at support@trainerroad.com. We also have a fix for this issue in 1.3.7 which is available at the bottom of this page: http://www.trainerroad.com.

What can happen is the DB can get locked and we can't write any data. We have a backup recording, so that's how we can recover it. 1.3.7 has a rebuilt database layer to retry on locks and to make sure that two transactions can't run at once. It also has built in recovery if the database still gets locked. It's nifty :).

Update here - Nate managed to recover my data!

I honestly didn't expect him to - I've been using tech for awhile now, and glitches here and there are expected in my line of use.

But I gotta give map props - he found me on the forum after my post, I sent him my data, and he fixed it right away. I don't think/expect he'll be able to do that for everyone, but dang that's some good customer service there. Kudos for that and a GREAT product.

The only bummer part - my "normalized power" wasn't as studly as I had hoped! But that's my fault, not Nate's. At least that 143 TSS score is decent...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Nate, been having a weird issue...my current power reading has been super exaggerated the last week, as if powersmooth was off but I have it on the 5sec average. I think it was right after the last update? Any ideas? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, there's two things.

1) We improved smoothing so that we're calculating how much data we get in as we get it in instead of assuming a constant rate. We might have been over smoothing before.

2) I also think we have a bug in that power smoothing.

So 1.3.7 (beta) needs to have the power smoothing looked at. We're pretty busy with family stuff on mon/tues but I think I'll have time to look at it Wednesday and hopefully do a release. It's not a very big part of the code base so it's easy to tweak.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no worries Nate enjoy the holidays! I appreciate the info and glad it wasn't something I did when I was creating workouts. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What have been the hardest workouts for you other than the FTP test.

I'm only a third through Intermediate Base 1. Eclipse took some focus and grit at the end, but I'm sure there are many that are tougher

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The longer ones 1:30+ blow me to pieces..Siretta is a fav

Cathederal looks absolutely grizzly, I plan on attempting soon

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I failed on Siretta the one time I tried it; I intend on hitting it, rested, as soon as I'm over this little sore throat I have. Thompson was tough too - the steady ramps just hurt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
I failed on Siretta the one time I tried it; I intend on hitting it, rested, as soon as I'm over this little sore throat I have. Thompson was tough too - the steady ramps just hurt.

Heh...I'm 53min into sirretta right now. Good times.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jheebner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you workin hard enough if you can PST on ST during the workout ;-)

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runnerwv wrote:
The longer ones 1:30+ blow me to pieces..Siretta is a fav

Cathederal looks absolutely grizzly, I plan on attempting soon

Cathdral kicked my butt!

It actually starts out feeling "too easy" - at least it did for me. I did the first burst/steadystate set (30 minutes I think) significantly faster than they recommended, but that was a bad idea, as when I hit the second 2 x 20 min steady state intervals, myHR went up through the roof. I could have finished the whole thing, but I would have been riding at above threshold HR for the final 20 min set, which wasn't my goal.

I should be able to get through it though once I'm back in shape (had a cold) and do the initial interval at the recommended pace (which is still steady state, just on the lower end of it.) I think it's a great workout - was harder for me in 2 hrs than a 3 hr outdoor ride with 2500 feet of climbing, for sure.

And Nate rescued my data after it crashed and was nowhere to be found - good stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
Are you workin hard enough if you can PST on ST during the workout ;-)

53min mark is in the middle of the one 60%ftp break. I didn't think it was that harsh of a workout. I am probably sandbagging my FTP a little and a 1:40 ride has been a short one for me as of late. The shorter rides with an IF > .90 hurt quite a bit more and my post would have looked a lot more like: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hope this find you well... mr. nate,

i signed up for the service and am very excited. have ANT and garmin speed/cadence sensor.
i am mostly interested in using this with my sufferfest videos. but somehow, "Just drop one of the videos in our player. We keep the video in sync with the workout and give you wattage based targets.", is not working for me.

what am i missing?
any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [slow ninja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need more detailed info.

Are the files unzipped?

If it's "Local Hero" you're trying to play, did you convert it to H.264 first?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [riotgear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never mind. I figure it out. i was skipping the the part you actually have to scroll down & search the title AND drop them there.

thanks for replying tho.
gotto go to get my ass kicked!
Quote Reply

Prev Next