Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I click on the download link it tells me "would you like to replace the currently installed version with this one". Do I say yes, replace? Would it erase my 'career' or account,or is all that still there?
Thanks forf all your fast responses..
Marty
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will not lose any files. Just tell it to replace the current version.

We save everything in the server, and we don't remove any local data files on upgrade.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. You rock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finishing up my first Intermediate Base I training plan and have really enjoyed seeing some gains pretty reasonable gains in a short period of time- granted this is my first time taking my cycling a little more seriously. My question is what's next? I'm looking toward the goal of competing in my first Ironman in September and due to Illinois weather, I'll be spending the better part of the next several months on the trainer. What would you recommend for the next workout plan via trainerroad?

http://Everydadironman.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mooseknuckle69 wrote:
So I have the Wahoo fitness key any idea how I or is there an adapter so that I could connect this to my macbook pro? As I understand it the Wahoo Fitness key reads Ant+ so I need to somehow connect this to my laptop or do you have an iPhone version of the program?

With as much time as you have until your IM I think Base 2 is your best bet. This will get you into the heart for Feb with a solid foundation to start adding some endurance to.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cjacobson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sept, are you doing IM Tahoe?

I agree that intermediate base II is the next logical step.

Reid and I are doing IM Tahoe. We just talked to coach chad about creating some plans for that race (and 70.3 and 104.6 in general).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Sept, are you doing IM Tahoe?

I agree that intermediate base II is the next logical step.

Reid and I are doing IM Tahoe. We just talked to coach chad about creating some plans for that race (and 70.3 and 104.6 in general).

You guys are supposed to be PROGRAMMING, not training for an IM!

Just kidding!

Actually, I think you'll be surprised with how good the response to your plans will be if you generate or plan some tri-race specific plans, as I suspect a lot of people on the fence would be pushed over once they see that there's a readymade plan specifically for their race distance. Especially beginners who might have a hard time equating "Intermediate Base 1" to a level of race fitness. Kind of surprised you just didn't start out right off the bat with stuff like "Sprint Distance Bike 1" or "Olympic-Tri Bike 3" for your plans, actually. Still great stuff - love the plans as they are myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick response. I'm actually going to be at Madison, so for us Chicago based folks, a hillier ride than we're used to.

http://Everydadironman.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cjacobson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
General question...and I apologize if this has been asked prior in this thread, is it possible to watch the replays of the ITU races from the triathlonlive.tv site on the same computer that I run trainer road.com on?

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that should be doable since its threw browser. on pc, you can hit f11, and trainerroad will sit on top of the browser.

actually, thinking about it, the full screen may or may not work with that.
Last edited by: gohmdoree: Dec 28, 12 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I use it while watching movies on netflix or through xbmc. If you use full screen on netflix TR won't stay on top, so I'm forced to keep a browser window open. It will sit on top of xbmc just fine. when the display is set to horizontal and pulled to the bottom of the screen it's just about perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [shawndoggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shawndoggy wrote:
Yeah, I use it while watching movies on netflix or through xbmc. If you use full screen on netflix TR won't stay on top, so I'm forced to keep a browser window open. It will sit on top of xbmc just fine. when the display is set to horizontal and pulled to the bottom of the screen it's just about perfect.

Actually, if you set TR to "always on top", it'll stay on top of a browser window that's fullscreened with F11. Using the Netflix fullscreen control (the "[]" in the right) will override the TR always on top, though.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it matters what browser you have too. I run netflix in chrome with the [ ] button on top of TR in horizontal mode in version 1.3.7 and windows 8 and it works :). That's a lot of variables though. I think I tired it in IE on my wife's laptop in Vista and it was covering TR.

I just tried it in IE 9 on my computer and it worked too. It might also have to do with the version of silverlight you have. I'm not sure :(.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [shawndoggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Mac you can't go full screen through the [ ] button because of the way the latest OSX works. It takes you into that stupid full screen mode that locks everything out. So for that, you'll have to push f11.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nate, if i wanted to add a ride for just burning fat, what are some of the ride i would do, i see alot of groups listed on the one side from endurance threshold sprint ect... is there some just for weight loss, probably keeping in z2?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
I think you should be fine as long as you don't watch Sufferfest videos. Videos is what will really bog down your system. Anyway, install it and if it doesn't work, TR has a 30 day trial and they'll return your money.

Air played "A very dark place" today on my Apple TV and just pushed play at the same time I started trainer road! Problem solved and I suffered like I have never before!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heliix wrote:
Hey Russ
My wife and I have been using the software for over a week now.
We both have a Kirk Kinetic as the power source.
You can use your Garmin watch same time as the software. (turn off auto lap and hit the lap button for the intervals)
I am currently doing the advance base. (Very challenging)

Overall my wife and I really like the program and the features (it’s like having a coach yell at us when we are slacking)

Nate (co founder) is on here (ST) and can answer any questions you have.

Mike

Wanted to take a minute to say thanks to everyone here on ST for recommending TrainerRoad. I think the program is made for people that are ADD (just like me). I freaking love it. I'm not sure if it's the little green bar that I have to work to keep green, or if it's the little average wattage ball that I try to keep above the line, or maybe it's the promise of a new PR medal at the end of the ride if I really hammer it (I could go on and on)...BUT, I know my cycling is improving! I'm in Northern Indiana and I'm doing IM Texas in May and I was REALLY dreading doing my riding indoors UNTIL I tried TrainerRoad. They (the TrainerRoad people) got it right with this program.... So, thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been through the website and still confused. Will this work on a kindle fire or ipad? I currently have a garmin 305 and a cateye computer with speed and cadence on my bike. Will that speed sensor work with the ant+ device?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Pharmguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I answered the first question and its no. Duhhhh, need a usb port. How about the speed/cadence sensor question?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cateye speed and cadence sensor will not work. It needs to be ANT+ (i.e. garmin, bontrager, etc) Cateye is about to release and ANT+ sensor... but as far as I know, it's not out yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anitan1 wrote:
heliix wrote:
Hey Russ
My wife and I have been using the software for over a week now.
We both have a Kirk Kinetic as the power source.
You can use your Garmin watch same time as the software. (turn off auto lap and hit the lap button for the intervals)
I am currently doing the advance base. (Very challenging)

Overall my wife and I really like the program and the features (it’s like having a coach yell at us when we are slacking)

Nate (co founder) is on here (ST) and can answer any questions you have.

Mike

Wanted to take a minute to say thanks to everyone here on ST for recommending TrainerRoad. I think the program is made for people that are ADD (just like me). I freaking love it. I'm not sure if it's the little green bar that I have to work to keep green, or if it's the little average wattage ball that I try to keep above the line, or maybe it's the promise of a new PR medal at the end of the ride if I really hammer it (I could go on and on)...BUT, I know my cycling is improving! I'm in Northern Indiana and I'm doing IM Texas in May and I was REALLY dreading doing my riding indoors UNTIL I tried TrainerRoad. They (the TrainerRoad people) got it right with this program.... So, thanks again!

Thanks! :) That's a nice way to start the day :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pharmguy wrote:
Been through the website and still confused. Will this work on a kindle fire or ipad? I currently have a garmin 305 and a cateye computer with speed and cadence on my bike. Will that speed sensor work with the ant+ device?

As you've already figured out, we don't have a Kindle app or iPad app. We plan on having an iPad app in the future.

Any sensor have to be ANT+. I think Cateye has one ANT+ sensor, but most of them are not. If they are ANT+, they should have a ANT+ logo on them.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Pharmguy wrote:

As you've already figured out, we don't have a Kindle app or iPad app. We plan on having an iPad app in the future.

Any sensor have to be ANT+. I think Cateye has one ANT+ sensor, but most of them are not. If they are ANT+, they should have a ANT+ logo on them.

Just signed up this morning. Happy it has Mac support, as I've been using my work laptop (windows) for other programs. looking forward to trying this tonight!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [canadapostrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad works perfectly on Mac. I use it with my macbook pro, set TrainerRoad to horizontal position and bring up a video on Safari (usually documentaries) and enlarge the video by using Command+. So much info and the 1-hour workouts seem to go by in 20 minutes. Happy riding!

Peter Solymosi
The Tri Bike Fit Studio
Vernon, BC
Quote Reply

Prev Next