Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Nate will answer, cause I don't have a clue !!

Db
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are the steps:

Load our desktop software from www.trainerroad.com/install

Pair your devices under the device tab.

Go to the workout tab and type "sufferfest" in the search box.

Click on the workout picture of the correct workout. (this is key, we're making this more clear in a release this weekend)

You should get the workout up then. Just drag and drop revolver in there and you'll be good to go! There's also a "browse" button that you can click. That will let you select the file.

I'm going to create a quick video tonight demonstrating this.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer86 wrote:
Does one's cadence appear in the workout graph? I know it appears in numerical form.

Cadence doesn't appear graphed while working out. It's sort of a red haring when it comes to cycling. The important thing is power. The next most important thing is heart rate, but that is much less important than power.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help with a noob!

Db
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem. If you ever want to talk on the phone let me know. I think the video will help though. It's always easier if you can see it!

We need more support docs though. We're lacking in that area.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate the autopause feature is great.

Found out you can also get metric data (power, HR, etc) on trainer road when your head unit is inadvertantly turned off. I forgot to start my G500 when I started the workout yesterday and threw a towel over it. The automatic save feature let me at least record the data in training peaks afte I was done.

Thanks again for a great program.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As promised, here is a video showing how to get started with TheSufferFest and TrainerRoad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5-boDjV4E

Here's another video that I just did that gives a pretty good walk through of our product.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUxMrqnTE0

Hopefully this makes it more clear :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipS wrote:
Nate the autopause feature is great.

Found out you can also get metric data (power, HR, etc) on trainer road when your head unit is inadvertantly turned off. I forgot to start my G500 when I started the workout yesterday and threw a towel over it. The automatic save feature let me at least record the data in training peaks afte I was done.

Thanks again for a great program.

Thanks man :). We aim to please.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am loving this app!

This week i logged my first 2 Sufferfest workouts using ComuTrainer and Garmin HR strap.

I was a Golden Cheetah 3.0 user, no more. This app just plain works. Picked up my CT and paired Ant+ HR 1st time.

I never used HR before on a trainer, but now i find it useful as i monitor how i recover from interval to interval.
I also dig that it shows interval time with SF workouts, sometime every second counts when you are crying for the recovery interval.

Very excited to see how this app evolves....

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to let you guys know how AWESOME TR is... thanks guys!!

I tried it out a few months ago using my PT wheel and thought it was great. I was in the process of purchasing a Computrainer and finally did. Nate said that there would be support for the CT at some point... and now there is. I went to the TR site today and watched the video on using TR and the CT. I downloaded the drivers for the Mac and everything paired up nicely... the CT, Bontrager Duo-Trap cadence sensor and Garmin HR. strap.

I picked a ride... estimated my indoor FTP... and I was on my way. It is awesome to have the CT control the power without having to think about changing gears. I am almost looking forward to riding inside now (well... kinda :).

Here is a pic of the set up...

and a screen grab of the initial ride...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally had an opp to try a trainer road ride tonight and trainer workouts will never be the same again! Has to be the most focused, consistent trainer ride I have ever done. Unfortunately the power was low low low (first ever use of power and using KK trainer & ANT+) but at least it gives me a starting point & means I have a ton of room for improvement!

Kudos on a great product.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kiwifly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwifly wrote:
Finally had an opp to try a trainer road ride tonight and trainer workouts will never be the same again! Has to be the most focused, consistent trainer ride I have ever done. Unfortunately the power was low low low (first ever use of power and using KK trainer & ANT+) but at least it gives me a starting point & means I have a ton of room for improvement!

Kudos on a great product.

Wow! thanks guys!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to add my feedback to the long list of compliments in this thread. I did my first workout with TR two nights ago. I did the 20 minute test. It was awesome having all of that data to watch and keep me focused on the workout. This is going to make my time on the trainer a lot of fun.

I also want to add my name to the list of members begging for the ability to set up custom workouts. I train with EN and would love to be able to set up my workouts. I am sure once you guys add this functionality there will be even more new users joining your site.

Thanks for developing and continuing to refine this great new product!

Bill

--------------------------------------------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well . . .
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
# ..Steve McQueen as Michael DeVaney in Le Mans (1971)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipS, don't forget that you don't actually need a head unit with Trainerroad. Your laptop becomes the head unit. Of course if you're like me, you want to be able to transfer from your head unit to other software when necessary, which is a feature that I believe is in the works directly from trainerroad anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:
SkipS, don't forget that you don't actually need a head unit with Trainerroad. Your laptop becomes the head unit. Of course if you're like me, you want to be able to transfer from your head unit to other software when necessary, which is a feature that I believe is in the works directly from trainerroad anyway.

Trainer Road is already logging your data (I believe everything you "pair"). You simply login via your web browser and go to Careers. Select the workout and click Download. You'll get a TCX file suitable for uploading to Strava, Training Peaks, Garmin Connect, etc. I've done it, works great. So you shouldn't *need* a head unit for anything else, really.

--Donnie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate
I just noticed that TrainerRoad now has wheel circumference.
I did not adjust this setting before I took the latest 8min test, looks like the default is 2070 and I am using a 2096 tire.
If I was to properly adjust this setting I am assuming this will affect my power? (correct)
Should I just leave it and adjust the size before my next 8min test?
Last edited by: heliix: Jan 27, 12 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Nate,
any idea when you will have the new sufferfest "Extra Shot: The Long Scream" in TR?

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would move you on the curve a bit. I would just leave it how it is now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:

That's done. You can download your ride on the website (and the desktop app after Sunday). Check out the pic above, there's a big red download button.

For automatic push to sites, that's in the works. We actually have a pretty cool way to do that...

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, today, tomorrow or sunday. One of our users turned it into an ERG file yesterday. We just have to add the intervals and add it to the feed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring back a free ST trial. I signed up early on but missed out :(

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trial is sorta free. If you sign up there's a 30 day refund period. So if you don't like it, you'll get your 10 bucks back. Note, if you're international you could get some conversion charges which would mean you'd get less than 10 back.

But, if you're in the good old US of A then you'll get your entire $10 back.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doh! That big red one.......with download written on it! :) My eyes are still crossed after last night's ride of Kaweah Queen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Nate.
I will be one to post to pull you away from work.............................Awesome product. Signed up in Beta in Oct but have beeb waiting for my ant stick with 910, Finally got to try it with sufferfest and my e-motion. By far the best indoor workout ever...............Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this program, did my 20 minute test this morning. Can anyone offer some insight into the results? I seeded it with 330 ftp and got a recommendation after the test for a setting of 344. This is with my new quarq, but similar results to the powertap I was using, so I am not really questioning accuracy. It also recommended I use 153 for Lthr, but this seems low, considering this is about where I avg for a full Ironman, and my running lactate threshold is ~172 (based on an hour 10 mile run). I hit 170 HR at the end of the 20 minute test, but it really hurt, in terms of heat (my fan sucks) and legs.

I'm a pretty big sandbagger on the indoor trainer, and on hard efforts in general, I really prefer to do lots of volume in Z2+/Z3, relatively new to this world of high intensity pain. Trying to get an idea of whether I should be trying for a higher FTP number based on the HR feedback, or if this is about right.
Quote Reply

Prev Next