Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [iurnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iurnman wrote:
Nate,
I did my first 200 mile race this past weekend as a participant in the RAAM Challenge Series. Only my long training rides were done outside. All other rides were on trainerroad! I had an awesome day thanks to you guys. Race Across the West is next and I plan on the same training plan.

Awesome! Damn, I've never ridden more than 112. The RAAM stuff interests me but I think my neck/tender parts wouldn't take it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First week of TR in the bag. Kudos to you guys. Great stuff. Makes me work harder for sure.....gotta keep that f'in number green......

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JamieJ wrote:
First week of TR in the bag. Kudos to you guys. Great stuff. Makes me work harder for sure.....gotta keep that f'in number green......

Jamie

Thanks!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough.

For me, the fun of The Sufferfest workouts comes from the feeling of being in the race, as well as the onscreen commentary. It certainly doesn't feel like I'm just watching cycling footage while I do an interval workout.

FWIW, I think TrainerRoad is a great tool for anyone riding indoors, and the community growing around it who contribute feedback, act as beta testers and suggest new things, as you have done, and getting direct response from Nate or Reid is pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else, couldn't find via search. Is there a way to share custom workouts with fellow TR training partners via e-mail or something? THX
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet, but it will be done before we release the workout creator to the main feed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any success/recommendations on how to overlay trainer road on live TV? Is there any feature of Roku, AppleTV, etc. that would allow this to happen?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
Any success/recommendations on how to overlay trainer road on live TV? Is there any feature of Roku, AppleTV, etc. that would allow this to happen?

No, not that I know of.

Your best bet would be some sort of TV tuner on your computer, then have that mirrored on your display. That way the TV signal is just like any other video playing on your computer.

You could then use an HDMI or air play to mirror your computer to the big screen.

I hope that apple lets us write apps for apple TV one day :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just dawned on me....

I've got Dish TV service and I can use their slingbox support and I'd be good to go. Nice!! This would give me live TV (sports) as well as DVR shows on my laptop with TR.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you get the FTP yellow line to be so straight? Mine is ragged up and down. I suspect it's pedal stroke?

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hooked or addicted? Signed up last week, did my FTP test on Tuesday, so with one non TR session, did 5 spin sessions. I actually look forward to my trainer sessions. Spread the word.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pedal stroke indeed. It will come with practice.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old of a laptop are people using? I have an old laptop from 2004 that I would be using since I do not use it for anything else and would be in my garage hooked up to a 32 inch flat screen. Any IT people know if this will be enough computer ( and if I can make it dedicated to just trainer road) or if I am going to need to buy a new one? Am I wasting time cleaning everything off?

http://www.pcmag.com/...,2817,1625692,00.asp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Not yet, but it will be done before we release the workout creator to the main feed.

Are there plans to release custom workouts into the 'library' available to everyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bobloblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! I lost a big weekend workout! Finished no problem, hit that "end' icon, bu then got "error with sync" and then TR locked up completely. After quitting the application, the workout was totally gone, both offline and online. =(
Hope they can adjust it so that you can't just lose your entire 2+ hr workout after a glitch at the end. To their credit, Nate's really on it with stuff so if it's happening to anyone else, he'll likely fix it soon.

Hopefully it's not just me...
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
How do you get the FTP yellow line to be so straight? Mine is ragged up and down. I suspect it's pedal stroke?

You can also average the power over 3 or 5 (I think) seconds which smooths out alot of the jaggedness.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Doh! I lost a big weekend workout! Finished no problem, hit that "end' icon, bu then got "error with sync" and then TR locked up completely. After quitting the application, the workout was totally gone, both offline and online. =(
Hope they can adjust it so that you can't just lose your entire 2+ hr workout after a glitch at the end. To their credit, Nate's really on it with stuff so if it's happening to anyone else, he'll likely fix it soon.

Hopefully it's not just me...
This is obviously the last thing we want to happen. We should be able to recover your ride, though. Email us at support@trainerroad.com.
We have had this happen to a few people so Nate rewrote the way we save workouts in our latest beta

theSufferfest.com
Co-Founder of TrainerRoad.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [vdubkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vdubkb wrote:
How old of a laptop are people using? I have an old laptop from 2004 that I would be using since I do not use it for anything else and would be in my garage hooked up to a 32 inch flat screen.

This is something I'm working on at the moment and it hasn't gone well. Windows is such a pig of an OS along with Adobe AIR and the USB downloads sucks up a lot of resources and is prone to freezing.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [vdubkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should be fine as long as you don't watch Sufferfest videos. Videos is what will really bog down your system. Anyway, install it and if it doesn't work, TR has a 30 day trial and they'll return your money.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan on downloading my workouts and then loading then into my laptop. I will see tomorrow after I defrag and remove everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Reid Weber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reid / Nate,

Somewhat off topic: any chance of making TrainerRoad work with ErgVideos? I don't have a CT, but like the videos (e.g., riding in Spain for motivation when it's gray and dreary out in the Bay Area)

Matthew
Twitter: @AlphaDogCycling
Instagram: @AlphaDogCycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this!

Dumb question - what's the white dot that sometimes appears? Seems like it gets put on your FTP, but it's not always there, so I was curious what it is. Thanks!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bobloblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobloblaw wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

Are there plans to release custom workouts into the 'library' available to everyone?

You'll be able to share workouts between users. If there's a really popular custom workout or someone makes a custom workout that syncs to a video we won't have we'll ask that user if we can promote that workout to our main feed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a question regarding the virtual power. I know I need a cadence sensor and USB stick, but how does that calculate changes in power when I change gears? Is there a set gear I need to be in for it to work properly? Still waiting for my cadence sensor to give it a try, but I was just curious.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tdschnei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It calculates power based on the speed of your rear wheel. Your trainer is designed to provide more resistance the faster it turns, as a way to simulate riding outside. And most trainers have formula that you can use to calculate the power required at a given speed. Trainer Road does that calculation for you and displays your power. Changing gears means your rear wheel would spin faster, which would require you to put out more power.

Edit to add: You can see the graph here
http://www.kurtkinetic.com/powercurve.php
Last edited by: Aqua Man: Dec 23, 12 10:05
Quote Reply

Prev Next