Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using trainer road for about 2-3 weeks now and love it. Started with a random ride and then started the Intermediate Base I plan. Came into a rude awakening during the FTP test and then started on my workouts. I love the instruction portion as I have never had a coach and don't want to pay 300-500 dollars for a pedal stroke analysis. That's more than half of what my road bike with aero bars is worth for this hobby. Through the first 8 rides I have been able to improve how I feel on the bike and be more comfortable, as well as feeling like my pedal stroke is getting better. I don't believe I have gained a whole lot thus far, but I feel more comfortable/efficient and I bumped up my FTP as the intervals seemed too easy after the first week. Will readjust after I finish intermediate base I.

Thanks a lot for a great product and no real issues thus far. Only suggestion is that 1 hour rides like Geiger should have wattage curves that match the instructions with expected faster or slower cadence changes. When pedalling 5 rpm faster and the suggested wattage being the same or declining I have just been ignoring the suggested wattage and going a tiny bit over it while upping my rpm's by 5. If I drop a gear it would be way too low, so I would rather go high and stay green.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Joe24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed up...what an absolutely fantastic product.

Keep it up, Nate and Reid, you're going to be two wealthy men if you keep innovating and optimizing. Stay ahead of the curve and you guys are golden.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Joe and Badgertri. We have a couple guys on support starting last week, so now Reid and I can focusing 100% on coding. We're going to start going really quick now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently signed up too. Loving it. Although i was nowhere near ready for the Tour, i did purchase my first Sufferfest video last night and tossed it in TrainerRoad tonight. All i can say is Ouch. The sufferfest video brought TrainerRoad to a whole new level. I plan to purchase a new video each week (funds low after a recent bike build). So thanks nate again for a great product and introducing me to Sufferfest as well. Although my legs hate you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see on your site that the Timex ANT+ dongle will work for trainer road. I have one that came with my Timex Run Trainer. Is there anyway I can check that it will in fact work to receive data from my Quark power meter before signing up for trainer road?

Thanks in advance. I am looking for something to help me get motivated to hit the trainer when the temps are below zero.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
I see on your site that the Timex ANT+ dongle will work for trainer road. I have one that came with my Timex Run Trainer. Is there anyway I can check that it will in fact work to receive data from my Quark power meter before signing up for trainer road?

Thanks in advance. I am looking for something to help me get motivated to hit the trainer when the temps are below zero.

We don't have a way to test, but we do have 30 day refund period, so if it doesn't work you can get your money back.

It will work though :). ANT+ is cool like that.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [canadapostrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did my first 2 rides last night and love the product. I can't wait till the roll down calibration is implementend. I think I may tighten my road machine too much, estimated FTP was well below a rough calculation of my last IM.

Not a huge deal as the numbers don't mean much, but the relative training efforts do.

Keep up the good work, will be telling all my friends about it.

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I saw on your Facebook page that you were toying around with the ability to do a yearly subcription. Has that gone anywhere? I would much rather pay for a year in advance than have the monthly charge on my card. Makes more sense to me..
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, 99/year will be out after TR2.0 is out. I hope to launch both in feb.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, is this functionality available now? Cannot open the FB posting and looked in the regular TR website without any luck

',,,They now will broadcast out the Virtual Power stream (including CompuTrainer power meter data) as an ANT+ power meter, meaning you can connect your Garmin to it,,,'

Can you comment for the gang?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [aca-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aca-tri wrote:
Nate, is this functionality available now? Cannot open the FB posting and looked in the regular TR website without any luck

',,,They now will broadcast out the Virtual Power stream (including CompuTrainer power meter data) as an ANT+ power meter, meaning you can connect your Garmin to it,,,'

Can you comment for the gang?

It's not available now. We just got it working in an internal build so I wanted to let everyone know. It won't be included in TR 2.0 which we aren't adding any new features to. We have a bunch of fixes from our current version in our current beta branch plus the ability to create custom workouts. We want that released to the masses before we add more features.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate what about the ETA on control of the powerbeam?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I've just finished Base I. Loved it. I'm prepping for IMTX in May and thought I'd use the Experienced Low Volume Century Plan. In this plan the mid week rides are generally Tu, Thu, except for weeks 3-6. Is it a big deal to continue the Tu, Thu theme? Or is it important to keep as is for maximal gains? Sorry if this question isn't your area of expertise, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for being so quick to answer all these annoying questions. =)

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't be in TR 2.0 but it will be in the next release after that, as long as we don't run into any problems. :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
razorbacksteve wrote:
So I've just finished Base I. Loved it. I'm prepping for IMTX in May and thought I'd use the Experienced Low Volume Century Plan. In this plan the mid week rides are generally Tu, Thu, except for weeks 3-6. Is it a big deal to continue the Tu, Thu theme? Or is it important to keep as is for maximal gains? Sorry if this question isn't your area of expertise, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for being so quick to answer all these annoying questions. =)

You can totally switch the days up, just try to put a bit of daylight between the days. Ie, don't do all three days in a row, then take the rest of the week off.

This is the standard advice that Coach Chad gives out when we get asked this question.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

We were just discussing the ability of TR to control resistance on the Wahoo KICKR over on this thread. Can you comment on whether TR already has this functionality or whether this is something that is "to come," and if so, the ETA?

Thanks!

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Nate,

We were just discussing the ability of TR to control resistance on the Wahoo KICKR over on this thread. Can you comment on whether TR already has this functionality or whether this is something that is "to come," and if so, the ETA?

Thanks!

Done! Short answer is BT 4.0 support + ERG mode on the Kickr is available right now in our latest beta at http://www.trainerroad.com/install.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

Does your answer mean that BT 4.0 is required to get ERG mode with a Kickr or did you add BT 4.0 and ERG mode (via Ant+ as well)? If it is the first, is there a way to use BT 4.0 on a PC?

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU521/
Last edited by: RUDist: Feb 6, 13 13:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started using Trainer Road 1/1/13. Loving it so far. Did 4 weeks of Intermediate Base 1 to get some SST back in the legs after a long holiday break and saw some decent improvements (10 watt jump in 20 minute power).

Switched over to the 20 minute Power Accelerator plan last week. I'm wondering what people's experience has been with this plan, e.g. little/moderate/big gains in 20 min power, too much intensity, etc.

Thanks for the great product boys!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [hj2121] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate, rather than do the plans (I find I need the sufferfest videos to motivate me) I just randomly do sufferfest videos paired with trainerroad. My question is whether you think I'd see better increases in wattage by following one of the plans or is it really just time on the bike that matters? and if sufferfest videos motivate me more I should stick with them. That said, my goal is improvment so if you think the plans will get me there faster I might have to suck it up and suffer through the boardem of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using TR for the past couple months and love being able to track my progression using virtual power. One day I'll graduate up to a real power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [RUDist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RUDist wrote:
Nate,

Does your answer mean that BT 4.0 is required to get ERG mode with a Kickr or did you add BT 4.0 and ERG mode (via Ant+ as well)? If it is the first, is there a way to use BT 4.0 on a PC?

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU521/

BT 4.0 on a mac is required for ERG mode in the Kickr at the moment. We don't have BT 4.0 support on PC yet. There are some companies looking into that and we hope to piggy back on them when it's done. On the PC BT 4.0 is a driver issue.

Once ANT control is ready, that can be done without any Bluetooth and is a separate solution.

Maybe this will help:

TODAY
ERG mode is supported on Macs with BT 4.0 (native or through a dongle)

SOON
ERG/Slope mode will be supported on Mac/PC with an ANT Dongle (NO BT REQUIRED)

NO ETA
ERG/Slope mode will be supported on PC with BT 4.0 (native or through a dongle)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Hi Nate, rather than do the plans (I find I need the sufferfest videos to motivate me) I just randomly do sufferfest videos paired with trainerroad. My question is whether you think I'd see better increases in wattage by following one of the plans or is it really just time on the bike that matters? and if sufferfest videos motivate me more I should stick with them. That said, my goal is improvment so if you think the plans will get me there faster I might have to suck it up and suffer through the boardem of them.

Your FTP will be tied pretty closely to the amount of TSS you can handle. Our plans are pretty good, people get really fit doing them, but they aren't required.

I don't really know if one is better than the other.

As far as boredom goes, have you tried a netflix account? That's how I do 100% of my training. Just find a good TV show and watch the whole series. It motivates me to get on the bike.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nate, I guess I should maybe try one of your plans than. I've been pounding the sufferfest videos for a few months, what plan would you suggest for a relatively new cyclist with a 230ish FTP. There are so many options and they all look good :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next