Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James, looks great! I will definitely pass on the thanks to Jakub (but I think he reads this thread sometimes too).

Enjoy it.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have stuffed 2 tubes with tire levers in one and multi tool in other on back rails of saddle between back of saddle and the delta winge. I used 2 x-lab straps (I think they are called utility straps?) that I used to use for my old carbon wing. works pretty well and I think it is protected from the wind pretty well. I'll try to post a picture. I put CO2 and adapter in my jersey when training and I think I will put in my stealth pocket when racing.

Candice, would the x-strike work with the delta sonic? If so, that would be a way to carry CO2. Also, I have an carbon wing that I used on my old P4, is there a good way to attach this to the P5? The seat post doesn't have the holes to attach to like the P4. I plan to use 2 rear bottles for IM distance races, 1 for anything shorter.
Last edited by: IronDoc947: Apr 8, 13 18:09
Quote Reply
Post deleted by IronDoc947 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: IronDoc947: Apr 7, 13 14:48
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when can we get the p5 six with 11sp di2 in australia?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [IronDoc947] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It technically will mount on there, but we are not recommending it as we haven't yet tested the rod strength and bottle launch with the extra weight and the increased angle of the bottle. I would say to put it in your Stealth Pocket when racing.

Ah had to re-read your post. I am assuming you have the Carbon Sonic Wing and not Carbon Wing. Unfortunately there is no way of mounting the Carbon Sonic Wing to the P5. You would have to buy one that mounts to your saddle rails like the Turbo, Super or Carbon Wings.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [seano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
11 speed Di2 seems to be slowly turning up in Australia. My LBS says mine is very close and I've heard of P5's being built up with it in the last few weeks. For example, I believe River City Cycles in Brisbane set up their first P5 with 11 speed Di2 last week.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Spaxwax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi spaxworx
I'm picking my new 11 speed DI2 P5 with the partially different paint scheme as seen earlier in this thread up from CBD cycles in Melbourne
Can't wait but have just realised that they come with a semi compact crank 52/36 as opposed to the standard 53/39
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine's coming from CBD cycles too, I think they have the frame but I'm not sure what the paint scheme is. I hope it's the alternate one. I read the thread you started on the semi compact cranks, it sounded good to me, I could use the help in the hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2nbdoja.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ro6laa.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zhh5so.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2h4fi2c.jpg

Not sure if these pic's will come thru (Never get adding pics to the site right!). I added the xlab CO2 holder to the delta sonic. I had to go to Home Depot and buy longer screws for about $0.50 but they have worked. The ones that come with it go to a normal cage set up. Put a bunch of thread lock on it.

Also pics of the front end set up with the optimizer cage holder. Works like a charm. Bought a carbon computer mount and it is light and fits perfectly between the bars.

For Galveston ran my disk and 808 tubulars. Just put a can of fix a flat in the aero pocket. For IM's I will strap a tire under the seat. For daily riding I just put a tube in the pocket with a lever, pack of patches and a screw on inflator. Carry 2 CO2s on the back.

Btw... First race with the new bike. Thought I might see a few but saw many... Hell, I wasn't even the only P5 on my rack!!! Still they all seemed to catch everyone's attention though. Looking forward to seeing a bunch at IMTX, IM Placid & IMAZ this year...

Shawn
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [140.6shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shawn,
have you had any bottle ejection problems with the strike (CO2 holders) in place? That seemed to be one of Candice's concern. It looks nice and I think I will try it as well. Thanks for the pics
Last edited by: IronDoc947: Apr 9, 13 20:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only issue I had was with the initial installation of the delta sonic. It needs a lot of thread lock and time to cure. Once it was on it hasn't moved (maybe 700+road miles). No bottle ejections but I would be leery of putting a tall bottle in back doesn't seem that sturdy. I used a Gorilla cage in the back and a chimp in the front and frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh wow the setup looks so awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are leery of a tall bottle, the Gorilla XT cage that we have, has 2x the grip force (this cage actually comes standard with the Delta Sonic) and will hold tall bottles with the exceptions of course of Camelback and Polar Insulated bottles.

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David-

Just got my new P5-6 Di2 a week or ago or so and just starting to get it built. A couple of questions/comments that may already been addressed in previous threads (I went back about 10 pages but did not see anything):

*We are having a hard time fitting the junction box into the stem area. It looks like Shimano makes a 3 plug junction box. Will that fit into the stem or do you have an idea of how to fit the 5 plug that was included?

*Great job on making the Aduro bar and all the other parts matte to match the paint job on the frame.

*The new Di2 makes everything on this bike so much easier to work on. What a difference. I wont ever go back to mechanical.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits,

Great to hear you are close to up and running. I haven't personally played with that 5 port bus. We had actually debated whether we would include that one or the three port since it would be easier to fit in the stem. However, I have heard it is possible to fit it in there.

I am going to try to play with one tomorrow and see if I can find a good way. Will let you know...

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hypersteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi hypersteve
Pick up my P5 next week and thinking of ordering a P2M Power meter and was wondering how your P2M is going
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jono

My P2M is working great. No issues with it whatsoever. Have a little over 1k miles on it. Power, left/right balance, cadence have been great. It was an easy install with the Rotor crank-set. Definitely worth the investment. I use it with a 910xt.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, it is a tight fit but still possible with the 5 port. It is a little easier to get in with the High-V because it has a slight bit of extra real estate.

I put it in the crank side of the bike with adjustment mode button facing in and the Di ports towards the back of the bike. You have to squeeze it in around the brake housing and make sure the button isn't pressed by the front brake housing putting you into adjustment mode. Keep in mind that you would have to remove it to adjust or use the port battery charge option.

I tried to fit it in with no modifications. It might be a little easier if you remove the little tabs at the top of the port that are meant to slide on to the strap mount. Make sense?

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
So, it is a tight fit but still possible with the 5 port. It is a little easier to get in with the High-V because it has a slight bit of extra real estate.

I put it in the crank side of the bike with adjustment mode button facing in and the Di ports towards the back of the bike. You have to squeeze it in around the brake housing and make sure the button isn't pressed by the front brake housing putting you into adjustment mode. Keep in mind that you would have to remove it to adjust or use the port battery charge option.

I tried to fit it in with no modifications. It might be a little easier if you remove the little tabs at the top of the port that are meant to slide on to the strap mount. Make sense?

My LowV + regular cap juuuust manages to fit in:

2 brake housings
Ultegra Di2 front junction
Internal junction box
Plus all associated wires

It's a pretty tight fit, but you have a lot of room to push wires into the bullhorns of the Aduro.

Although, I do have to remove the stem cover to go into adjustment mode, which isn't really a big deal but it involves removing the water bottle holder, armpads, then stem cover.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Apr 11, 13 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:

I am running the low bar. Really appreciate the quick response on this. I did end up ordering the 3 port so I will report back on whether or not that is easier.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mr. Green] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Doug,
I've travelled plenty with my P5-Six in my Evoc bag, both with and without dropping the fork. Haven't had any problems what so ever, and after a few times, the dis- and reassembly goes smoothly as well..
BR
Frederik
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [freden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Frederik - appreciate the feedback.

I am *really* resistant to going back to a soft bag, after a friend had a bike destroyed (rear derailleur hanger broken off), my wife had a chainring bent, and another friend had a frame damaged, all in soft bags. I wouldn't wish that on anyone - you nor myself - so I'm still looking for a hard shell solution.

I'll look at the web site...think about it...but still hoping to find a hard shell case.

Regards - /dougie.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've moved P5s on 4 trips. We use the Aerus Biospeed case, which is a soft case. We've been using them for a few years with no real issues. If there has been an issue, it's been our fault. I think that as long as the rear derailler is removed and fork/dropout spacers are used, things go well.

Use plenty of packing and secure everything using race bags that you get, and things usually go well.We use wheel bags for the wheels as well.

I'm not saying things won't get damaged messed up, but in all my years, I've had good luck.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(I clicked "Reply" to this thread, but to a conversation unrelated to my question...picking up on David's name - anyone know how to add a comment to this thread without replying to someone specifically?)

Anyway - on to my real question about my Magura brakes. First off...LOVE THEM! Woot. I can stop on a dime, but must be careful not to a) eject over the handlebars, or b) wear holes in my rear tires if I lock things up. These are fantastic. Rode mountain bikes for years with hydraulics - from Magura - and am really looking forward to low maintenance, solid braking.

I have a set of HED Stingers on the bike - Stinger 9 FR on the back and a Stinger 6 FR on the front. The wheels are 28mm wide - specs here http://www.hedcycling.com/...efault.asp?content=9

The problem is that the brakes are REALLY close to the rim. A little closer on the rear than the front, and it's the rear that I am worried about. I don't want the brake pads rubbing, and they don't when pedaling on a straight flat road, but when up in the pedals or pushing hard when climbing, there is some minor flex in the wheel (in any wheel) and I am concerned that it is going to touch the pads.

I have backed out the pressure point adjustment screw all the way, but even by manually pulling the brake calipers apart, I can't spread them much more.

So...what's the limit on these brakes? Are 28mm wide rims pushing the limit? Do I need to shave a mm or two off of the pads to get some extra clearance in there? I don't think that this has anything to do with the bleeding of the brake system, or too much fluid in there - that doesn't make sense to me. These were installed at a LBS, and the mechanic has done several P5's already and knows his stuff.

Thoughts anyone? ...before I take a file to the pads?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hypersteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for info
BTW are you running the 52/36 set up or a 53/39?
If your running a 52/36 how do you find that set up
Jono
Quote Reply

Prev Next