Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
what are folks doing to fill the holes on the holes on the unused mounts on top tube and BB gusset? seems a lot of sweat could get into there/rain and not so sure that is good for the cables, for those of us that are heavy sweaters. i suppose it might all get out without corroding the cables/housing ends at all, but based un my unwrapping of bar tape a few weeks back from trainer season, I am not so sure.

dont see the point in having a bolt head stick up, ala Frankenstein

Piece of black electrical tape doesn't look too bad ...

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had to show you guys this super cool wire art that Brent made for me! The level of detail and custom work is amazing!

Here is a link to a video that he posted....

I sent him a picture of what my bike looks like - and he re-created it. By hand! Cool!

http://www.bicyclewireart.com/...-orders-current.html

Just thought some of you might be interested!

Quote | Reply
how much did it cots? for this model?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [fuse01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey...I believe that each version will vary depending on time and effort - I bet Brent undercharged me considering the amount of work he had to do for the final product - but it cost me $60+shipping for this version. Pretty cool (in my opinion). Can't wait to see it up close!

Quote | Reply
Di2 9070 shifter button hack...

http://university.tri-sports.com/...amp;utm_medium=email

The "brains" are in the tiny circuit board that holds the buttons of the shifter that you tear apart. So as long as that board remains in the line, then the regular Cateye buttons act just like extensions of the normal shifter buttons. Then the board converts the shift signal into the black box language format that the new Di2 can recognize as a shift. Then you simply plug those shifter wires into the Di2 harness and you're all set.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a photo of how you hooked the two together?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if "withrow79" is Mark Lee, the author of the article at TriSports.com, but I'll throw this out there anyway.

In the article, about half way down, it shows how one of the spacers was slotted so that it can be removed. The article states "Because of the limitations of the hydraulic hoses, it is only practical to have one fully removable spacer."

What are these limitations, and what's the rationale? Why couldn't we have more of them slotted to make it easier to adjust this?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's most likely because if you remove more than one spacer, you'll need to cut the brake lines to make them fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this today:

There's been a recall on P5-3 and P3 Auro Pro aero bars that have come stock

http://triathlon.competitor.com/...ition-aerobars_74734

Quote:
How to identify the bar: This recall involves only Aura Pro Cervélo Custom Edition aerobars supplied on these 2013-model bikes:
• Cervélo P3 with Shimano Ultegra
• Cervélo P5 Three with SRAM Red
These were sold as complete bikes from September 2012 to January 2013.

There's an issue with the extension clamps on the base bars.
Be careful and stay safe out there!
Last edited by: Mr.Pie: May 1, 13 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Cervelo retailer has known about this for a while and any responsible Cervelo retailer has already dealt w/ the problem before the bikes went out with customers.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drgwood wrote:
Do you have a photo of how you hooked the two together?

I didn't actually do this hack... I have 10-spd Di2 and hacked mine with the Cateye Buttons by simply splicing the wires together which you can read about here if you want: http://www.endurancenation.us/...5-to-make-it-better/
I was trying to help a friend figure out how to hack the 9070 Di2 when I stumbled across that link so I figured I'd share it here. I don't think it would be that hard if you have a soldering gun and some patience... All the Cateye buttons do is touch 2 wires together to fire a signal. No different than a doorbell, so yes, you could wire a doorbell into the 7970 Di2 and it would shift for you. From all I can tell, that's exactly what the Shimano shifter buttons do. So essentially, the cateye buttons on the 9070 hack are no different in theory from simply stretching the distance from the button to the board from a few millimeters to a couple of feet. It's the board that takes that "doorbell" signal and turns it into some type of encrypted signal.

It crazy that Shimano encrypts their signal so people can't hack their systems, then proceeds to NOT supply buttons that will actually allow you to shift from the bullhorns of the most Iconic Tri-bike of its time (yes, I'm biased...).

Question for the Cervelo reps on here. It seems so simple to put a slot into one or more of the spacers. Why don't you guys do that from the factory?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:
Question for the Cervelo reps on here. It seems so simple to put a slot into one or more of the spacers. Why don't you guys do that from the factory?

Great idea! The answer is that 3T made a bunch and we need to get through them before making more. We haven't had a chance to roll that feedback into production yet. I personally would love to see that happen.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just letting you guys know in case anyway......
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More or less done:

She wants to move, as they say...

(Don't worry, I have a better skinsuit on the way)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the Syntace Stratos CX bar?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, though I can see it may look like it. It's the USE Tula with Flight Pods and SC arm rests.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be grateful for advice on a coupke of things regarding my P5-3 build please:

1. The bike mechanic tells me that the front brake closes OK, but then won't release properly. Is this a known problem please?

2. We have the proper FSA BB adapter that is specific for the P5. When the FSA crankset is installed, it is as if the crank axle isn't long enough. Only 6mm of axle pokes out the other side off the BB. Presumably there is a problem with the BB adapter that won't let the crankset be pushed in far enough so that the axle pokes out far enough at the non-drive side? Has anyone managed to fit an FSA crankset without any problems please?

Thank you,
John
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
withrow79 wrote:

Great idea! The answer is that 3T made a bunch and we need to get through them before making more. We haven't had a chance to roll that feedback into production yet. I personally would love to see that happen.

David could you or someone explain what a slot in the spacers accomplishes? I looked through the thread but did not see anything that explained. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no View Speed skewers?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It lets you remove spacers without having to pull out the front brake cable making it easier to adjust the fit over time. There are a couple of pictures around here somewhere. Some have found that only 1 or 2 can be removed before the cable needs to be shortened.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeing as Neal said they saved minimal drag and Zipp claims 2 watts saved for theirs...........why bother spending more for no return or possible loss on investment. it is like buying ceramic pulley bearings. only thing saved is teh weight your wallet has to carry to put a worse product on your bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I get it. It appears to me to change spacers you also need to cut the steerer tube as the cap will not fit when removing spacers and there is not enough additional space under the cap to add spacers. Do I have this correct? Or is there another approach?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe that would be true, but not toally sure how much extra play room you would have on a six version. You may be able to remove a spacer and test the lower setup without the cover before making a cut.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp saves 2 watts over nothing there?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i cant answer that, and this is the wrong thread for it anyway :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next