Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TB wrote:
Kenstone Metal Company sure didn't make it easy getting their sticker off!

If anyone else is having trouble since it doesn't peel, I finally got it with a little googone and a gift card for scraping (gently of course).

Loving my new upgrade from a trusty P3

Thought I was the only one ... DAMN hard to get that bugger off!

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David
can you tell me if the 'sample' colour scheme is now the 2013 style in the EU? My frame arrived and it is the new P5 sample scheme. I was hoping for the original bit if it is limited then?? Can't wait until it has been built with rotor q rings and DA di2. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leahp,

The sample colour is still in limited quantities in the EU. I believe they are mostly sizes that are otherwise in very short supply so waiting for the original colour would require a great deal of patience. Feel free to PM if you want to discuss further.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeff,

I've not experienced anything like what you describe, so I can't imagine what could explain it. I'm currently out of the office; can you reach out to our customer service techs?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [GrahamMackie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

Graham is correct - bearing sits directly on the fork's own crown, no press on race required. Saves a few grams and reduces fork stress at the same time! I love that we do smart engineering like this.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which rotor srm fits the p5 with no adapter?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rotor 3D+. I just got mine installed on Monday.
Last edited by: 7summits: Apr 25, 13 5:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will do

no one has thoughts on rotating brake levers 90deg?
Last edited by: jeffp: Apr 25, 13 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no special Bottom bracket that I need to order?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon -

Had a couple of issues with my new P5. First, plastic lever inside the Magura broke (warrantied by Magura). 2nd, seat post clamp inset pulled out from frame (appears to be epoxied in?). My concern is that this was found by my mechanic and this bike has only been on road ONCE for test fitting ... Had this happen before? Seat post holding with lots of carbon paste and one bolt with the other in/stripped. After waiting all this time, then 2 + weeks for a Magura lever, now season (TTs) starting, don't really want to send back the frame, but options?

Was going to PM, but thought others might have had this problem and was curious as well. Love(d) my P3-SL, skipped the P3 carbon and P4 all together and now want to love the P5 as well ;-)

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwrdds wrote:
no special Bottom bracket that I need to order?

Nope, your all set with what comes with the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if there is a solution in process from either cervelo or shimano to get DI2 shifter buttons on the base bar of the p5 6?
I know that there are a couple of hacks out there that can be work arounds but I am hoping that there will be a factory blessed solution some time soon.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi rroof,

Sorry to hear of your P5's issues.

Magura is great with customer service. Glad they helped you out there.

The seat post clamp nut is co-molded into the frame, same as the P3 for all these years. If yours has stripped, install a helicoil. We designed in enough extra metal for this.

If the insert has disbonded, then I recommend replacing the frame. Please have your Cervelo retailer get in touch with our customer service guys for your options, hopefully including a quick resolution. (Of course, it's your frame, so one option is for you to keep it until a replacement is convenient for you, etc.)

Thanks for posting. As you mentioned, a PM helps you, but a public post provides information that could help anyone who may have a similar problem.

FYI, in every warranty case (or suspected warranty case) it is ALWAYS fastest and best to have your Cervelo retailer reach out to our customer service department. We want to know about any possible warranty concerns, and our tracking system is automatically engaged when they do that. Going this route also means we are informed about all your particulars so we can give you the best service for your individual circumstances. (As always, general questions are very welcome on this forum.) Thanks!

Hope we can help you love your P5!!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a seasucker vacuum mount. Here's a picture that I just took today. I'm testing to see how well the vacuum mount works for short distance transport.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jimmy3993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Which model of Di2? I doubt, I really really doubt, that Shimano is going to make anything that will play nice with the Magura Brakes. With the newer stuff, you could use the climbing shifter and that would be Shimano 'native', but it is pretty bulky. if you have the older Di2, then I'd do the hack.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had the same issue as Roof with the insert for the bolt of the seat post binder coming unglue. as i m waiting for a replacement frame, would it be a easy job using epoxy to re epoxy the insert so i could kept riding? what epoxy to use for this matter?

thanks.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope. brand new di2 still in the boxes. I am surprised that no one would be working on an official fix to this. Upper end bike for cervelo. upper end groupset for shimano. only partial functionality. really, if I think about it I would rather have the improved shifting ability than the hydraulic breaks on a tri bike. frustrating.

congrats on your podium by the way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Podium = top-3...at least by my definition.

If you don't "want" or "need" the hydraulics, then you could always have a frankenbike and use the front Magura so that you can use the covers, and a rear mechanical brake and use the Shimano TT brake/shifters. Those are a real item. But, they aren't compatible with the Maguras. One of the more local Shimano guys all but said rim-hydraulics aren't needed and that there wouldn't be a Shimano made shifter that would work. I think that ATC might have done a bit of a work-around using just the guts of the climbing shifter, but I haven't seen it yet nor do I know if it was actually installed.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right! I guess what I was trying to say was that I saw your name in print and thought "hey, that is the guy who was helping me with di2 questions. Cool!"
1st, 3rd or 9th. Great work.
And thanks again for the di2 insight. Even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngl1145 wrote:
I just purchased a seasucker vacuum mount. Here's a picture that I just took today. I'm testing to see how well the vacuum mount works for short distance transport.

Wow! I'd be VERY leary of this mount, but looks great. VERY interested in how this actually does at highway speeds. I see on their website that each vacuum cup is rated to 210 lbs, but there would be a lot of wind force at 80 mph? It appears that car would be capable of testing that ;-)

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngl1145 wrote:

Beautiful set up! Sleek, low profile. Very nice.

How do you keep the pedals from hitting the roof if the crank rotates?

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi jimmy,

Brandon is right, Shimano have shown zero interest in cooperating with Magura on an official solution. Understandable from their point of view, but frustrating from other points of view. :-(

The hack can be done quite elegantly, so don't exclude it only on the basis that it's unofficial...

But if you are willing to give up the Magura brakes, the TriRig Omega brakes fit the P5, even under the bottom bracket. Then you could use Shimano's levers (with their shift buttons).

From http://www.tririg.com/...o_P5_Build&num=5

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jonnyo,

Sorry to hear your P5 also has this part loose. Glad we're arranging a replacement to you.

I've never re-glued this piece, so I really don't know if it can be a reliable repair. If you're really interested in trying it, I would suggest 3M's DP460 or better. I doubt hardware store epoxy would work. As always (and this is the hard part), surface prep would be critical.

Good luck,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
So if I am reading right, it sounds like the current ultegra di2 has a base bar shifter but it wont fit on the magura break set up? Is that right?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is absolutely invaluable. Thanks to all who have contributed.

I ordered my P5-6 frameset in June 2012 and it arrived this week in the new 'sample' colour. Size 54. I'm in the UK. It has Feb 2013 manufacture dates on the documentation. I like the new paint job.

A couple of observations/questions. Interestingly my frame is Di2 only - which isn't a problem for me but could be for some. Is this how they are all coming now? I never specifically mentioned anything about the groupset at the point of order. Also, while the Aduro base bar and 'high' V mounts match, the low V one is in gloss. The cover is also gloss which looks a bit out of place on the satin base bar. It's not the end of the world but when I've spent so long getting all the right parts it seems a bit of shame. Will I be able to get these parts in the correct finish at some point do you think?

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply

Prev Next