Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked it up today! P5, Di2, Rotor 3D power meter cranks

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Mar 23, 13 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike!
What size is it?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a very sweet set up 54cm
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something like the old C Record Delta Brake would have looked a lot more finished.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
54. I previously had a 54 P3 (original) and P3C.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngl1145 wrote:

Nice bike. And that is one rare rear wheel, a clincher AL/carbon zipp 1080 ... But it all looks good!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Picked it up today! P5, Di2, Rotor 3D power meter cranks

Awesome looking bike. What size crank is on your PM? I'm waiting for mine to come in. I ordered 172.5's.

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. That is an interesting question, and perhaps an ongoing question… I thought I ordered 175's. I test rode it and didn't notice a difference. When I looked at them I see they are 170's. So, one of my new stressors is whether I stick with the 170s, or order a pair of 175's and let them trade them out. Thoughts?

David
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello medic001918 and All,

Beautiful!!

Looking forward to ride reports, especially on new Rotor Power Meter.

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing to consider in deciding on crank length... The bottom bracket is significantly lower than a P2 or P3. I have a size 54 P5 with 170 cranks, and I have scraped a pedal several times, with near disastrous results, in the first 1,000 miles (Speedplay pedals). I had a P2C for 4-5 years and never once scraped a pedal with 172.5 cranks. While scraping a pedal may not be a concern on race day on a TT or triathlon course, it does give you something to think about when you are out training.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only have about 38 miles on my P5 so far. Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating here in New England and the roads have been horrible, along with the cold. When I have gotten out, I've been using my road bike so I don't cover the P5 in salt and sand. Hoping that with some warmer temps coming, I'll be out on the P5 a lot more.

I was told by Rotor that they hope to fill the backorders for the PM's by the end of April. I'm hoping that date doesn't get pushed back. I'll post some thoughts on the bike and the PM once I have a chance to log some good miles on the bike. Hoping Friday looks as good as they say it might be. I might get out for a metric century or so on it. We will see!

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up my new P5-6 51cm. I have the fit all dialed in, but one of the extensions on the aerobar has a little bit of play in it. I have checked and re-checked all the bolts and have hand tightened the lockring on the aerobar fully. The left extension still toggles up and down when I am riding. When I look carefully I actually have that lockring tighter (twisted in further) than the one on the right but the extension still moves when in the aero position.

Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Seth, just try tightening the collars/locking down even more. I use an adjustable wrench and a rag to avoid scratching them when tightening. Give that a shot and see if it works. If not shoot me an email and we'll try to work out the issue.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thing happen. I tightened, but ended up making a bit of a redneck shim out of a coke can. Problem solved.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David, Damon,

What do y'all think about cutting slots in the back of the stem risers, such that they could be removed without recabling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. B...post that pic of your machine - it looks wicked!!! Well done!!!! ;-) Even for the mini-size!!! ;-) Show off those shifters!!!! Impressive!!!

Quote | Reply
So here is my P5 with that new Specialized Sitero Pro saddle. Up front is a Profile Karbon Lite cage, not sure though if that one is strong enough.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff,

Thats exactly what I just did on my new build. A single slot at the rear makes switching a spacer/stem riser in or out very easy.

Best
Seth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i recommended that to a buddy, 4 days too late :)

you'd think they would just make them that way, it would add more "simply" to simply faster if one could change that. I know you can ride without the cover on top of stem for the lo, so that makes it easy to find right height and then go lower if need be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a quarq cinqo on my P5. On an external BB I have used the ring adapter to position the cadence magnet. It doesnt look like that will work with the BBright. Are there any alternatives to epoxying the cadence magnet to the frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did that for the same exact purpose...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double sticky 3M tape
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re cutting a slot in the back of the spacer: You still have to cut the front brake line correct? Do you have hydraulics?

Re the magnet: We have been using a piece of 3M 2-sided foam type tape. It works well. It has a green backing on one side.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi campled,

Nice mod job! This certainly frees the aft cables. Wish we had done this. Might make the change in production.

Brandon's right though - the front cable is still captured. We considered adding a slot from there straight back through the steerer hole but I'm not sure what could go wrong with that approach...

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Mar 25, 13 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hollowed front with hinged opening??
Quote Reply

Prev Next