Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Sergio Thread [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a wind up ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [5 Sticker Rides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm closing this thread. Nobody else post here.
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [5 Sticker Rides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but you don't have that kinda pull around here.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [Shawn-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
100 + 200 + 300 + 400 + 500 + 500 + 400 + 300 + 200 + 100(coming up the pyramid with paddles, all with 15s rest)
That's it for the main set?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on my way to the nmsu pool i saw the sergio running up university and it gave me special powers in the pool. i swam 12000. well, not really, long ride today then easy pool session working on stroke... but i felt good so i went ahead and blamed it on sergio. looking great man, keep it up.

so i think i win on feeling the "power" seeing as i actually saw the man. what do you guys think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a very bad girl.

I woke up really wanting to run a marathon today, so I did the whole thing. 1:49 at the half, 2:59 at mile 20, and then I hit the wall (could only scare up 2 gels this morning, I didn't bring any cuz I thought I'd just do the half), crashed and burned, all that fun stuff - stomach issues like cramps and side stitches- and had to walk a good portion of the last 10k... it was not fun. I should not have done it, because now instead of running lots for the rest of fall, I will have to rest and recover from that. Like 4:10 on the clock at the end but I think it took me about 2 minutes to get over the start time, so my chip time should be 4:08... PR is a 3:42 on a much hillier course... this apparently is what happens when you run a marathon untapered and just hope that tri fitness gets you through it. I got through it, and it was painful. But I learned something.

The Sergio aura wasn't with me today, is that 'cuz I did something his coach told me not to do?

I've never had that happen before. Usually I say RUN and my body says "how fast"?! today I said RUN and my legs wouldn't. It was this horrible, can't concentrate aching Iamoutofenergy feeling.

On the upside of things, I have four pretty good pictures of me that I'll post later.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Sergio aura wasn't with me today, is that 'cuz I did something his coach told me not to do?
You better believe it ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [frankienm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frankie, you have to come swim-bike-run with the guys one of these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nothing special, just the bread-and-butter sunday long ride + transition run:

BIKE: 5:00h (1:00h Zn2 + 2x(1:00 Zn3 + 30min Zn2) + 1:00h Zn2) + transition +

RUN: 10min Technique + 15min Progressive Zn2-Zn3 + 10min cooldown

The Jonnyo was a bit tired after that session today...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, was it on wednesday?

probably was, since it was the only time i ran alone this week (the long run), was it around 7pm?

Anyway join us some time, it will be cool. dont be shy :D

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok...yes i was tired....i just wanted it to end...i can't take it anymore.

got off the door at 8:45 for a 5h ride.....got right into it and we were riding pretty steady until sergio got a flat tire.....and another one in the laps of 400m!!!. after that little incident..we got back into a good rhythme but every time i will hit a bump.....my behind the sea bottle carrier will launch a bottle into the stratospere...every bottle had about 600cal so i had to stop the get it back....can't leave any nutrition on the side of the street...it s too precious!. so i end up racing back to sergio that was already riding pretty strong. it was one of these ride where i was getting annoyed with everything.....the cars, my bike, the wind, sergio's fat ass.....anyway.....buy the time we hit the turn around, i had made it back to sergio and we reached the 90km mark in 2:25, i took the lead on the way back and end up opening a big gap on sergio...i waited to see if everything was right with him.. he just tell me he isn't feeling too well and he is riding home as fast as he can but to just go away and not wait for him.....hummm.... the problem is that i could not pull away from him anymore......he keep on passing me....not bad for someone that isn't feeling too good.....we pass the 180km in 4:42, that s a second half of 2:17...no wonder i m feeling a bit grumpy....

made it home....quick transition and on the run.....me and sergio were running well until we got in this little trails out of town.....we heard a big noise behind us and as i look back...we realize we were chase by a black bear.....freaking A....a bear!!!!!...i was running as hard as i could and sergio was letting me behind as he didn't wanted to be the first appetizer for that beast.....we finally made it to a neighborhood with many people around and the bear didn't follow the chase....we had ran about 2 miles in less than 11 minutes.... we came back home a bit slower and using a different route to avoid the anaerobic effort.

it was a long day....i m grumpy as ever before...my legs were very tired from the last 3 weeks more than from todays workout but i was happy i didn't have to run a marathon today...i hope to feel better on october 21st!!!

humm...as i m speaking with sergio right now and got more sugar in my system...we are comparing stories and i realize the black bear may have actually been a dog....but not a small one....anyway....it was freaking scary and please...in hawaii...keep your dog in leash....i have no intention to run a 2:20 marathon.....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. Monty he bear says hello.

Mimi wants her yoga mat. Do you know where it is?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hummm....i dont know....i remeber asking her for it and using it in the living room 6 months ago...seems like enough time for monty to have eat it.......could it be in the closet of my room??????

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could be the post of the year!!! Definitely a nominee for October's post of the month.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would love too. dunno about the bike but the run and swim i can probably handle, run for sure. oh and if you guys want some real food because im sure you guys are limited there, my girlfriend said she will cook a big din din for you guys. in what area are you guys renting anyway?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any prize
Quote Reply
Re: The Sergio Thread [immyfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1,000th post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There should
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
be something
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dontcha think?
Last edited by: immyfish: Oct 1, 06 15:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is hilarious!! You make suffering sound like fun!! That is a good day's work!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to get through a tough workout! I've often wondered how fast I could run a mile if chased by a bear. I think you have me beat by at least 2 minutes. I would be a great running partner for you in that sort of situation...

:)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit I am really enjoying reading about your guys' training. If people ever wanted to know what the difference between those with fast times and those without, this thread could serve as evidence.

My second comment has to do with jonnyo being outside for 6 hours today ... training ... and didn't get a tan. Whussup?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply

Prev Next