Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
370 watts
Same speed as Micheal Weiss averaged in Las Vegas
56 miles
Same weight as Micheal Weiss
Same setup as Micheal Weiss
This is what my SRM said, so quite 2nd guessing it
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DawgTown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hello micheal?

DawgTown wrote:
370 watts
Same speed as Micheal Weiss averaged in Las Vegas
56 miles
Same weight as Micheal Weiss
Same setup as Micheal Weiss
This is what my SRM said, so quite 2nd guessing it

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First result using the new powertap:

1) 229 watts
2) 24.2 mph
3) 15.8 miles
4) 6'1, 167 lbs
5) Planet X exocet, Reynolds strike front w/ vittoria evo corsa cx and latex tube, open pro PT w/ wheelcover w/gp4000 (non-s) and butyl tube (too lazy to change the tire/tube for this practice race)
6) Open roads with stop signs, so slightly lower power and speed than otherwise, but not much
7) Position: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJA3HHodgxs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 235NP 232AP
2) 23.8mph
3) 32mi
4) 150lbs
5) Speed Concept team edition (i.e. like the early Lance/Lieto/et. al. bikes), Aeolus 9 D3 front, Aeolus 6.5-PT-wheelbuilder cover rear
6) about 4cm more pad drop than I'm used to, and a saddle nose that gradually crept south as the race went on...my own fault on the latter
7) race pix link (sorry, looks like head-on is all you get)...that's my son anchoring us to victory in the family relay division a the 3-32-1 Green Bay Duathlon yesterday

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does your bike have the more rounded connection betweek your top tube and handle bars? Like the bike Lieto rode in IMWC 2009? If so, that is awesome. I was kinda bummed when the Speed Concept was released and it didn't look like that.

Also, nice numbers
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, that's the bike...though I'm riding one of the "Lance coordinates" stems...Chris' from that version of the bike was quite high since he was on a medium frame. the way we did it things were very clean, but very non-adjustable.

thx for the #s compliment. I had hoped they would look a little better here and there, but for my first race dataset I'm pretty happy. one of these days I should take the team bike and my stock SC9 out for some Chung work.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you wear your sunglasses upside down so that you can get
your head in a better position and still see? If so, that seems like
a pretty clever solution. Any comments on the pros/cons of doing
it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is ther any way to purchase a bike like that?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's pretty much what is going on...gets the frame out of the way (which is the big issue with having them rightside up when I'm that low). I know there are rimless specs out there (Smith makes some really nice ones) but I'm really hard on my shades and don't always keep track of their whereabouts either, so replacing at $10/pop from the gas station and riding them upside down is where I'm at.

as for pro-con: I get funny looks and questions, but it works and it's cheap. suggest when trying to do something similar make sure you try them on upside down to see if the nose bridge area will be tolerable that way.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9/03/2011 Oly triathlon (40k) rolling course. Some crosswinds and lots of turns...actually made one wrong turn and had to flip it around.

1) 337 NP
2) avg speed: 26.1 mph
3) Distance: 40k
4) Weight: 168 lbs
5) 2010 Orbea Ordu with Zipp Sub 9 rear and Zipp 1080 Front, Shimano Di2, Jet Stream bottle, SRM PC7.
6) Tri Suit by Sugoi, Rudy Project Wingspan helmet, Sidi T2.6 shoes.
7) Love to post a pic, but am at work and cannot access graphics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only from someone who already has one and wants to sell it. no mass production of that version.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 247 Watts
2) 37.8 KpH (23.5 mph)
3) 42.7 KM (26.5 Miles)
4) 70ish kilos (154.5 lbs)
5) Cervelo P2k with box rims
6) Course was up and down the first half with a longish climb, and then slightly downhill and fast on the way back (elephantman in NM)
7) Older photo, but position is largely the same, I think the seat is a bit lower now and I have real brake levers, bottle on seat tube, and torpedo mount.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 237 watts
2) 27.2 mph
3) 14.2 miles
4) 6'
5) roughly 148-150 pounds
6) Blue Competition Cycles T17. Zipp 404 FC front, Zipp 808 FC rear
7) strong crosswinds but gutted it out relatively well. good enough to build a 7 minute margin for the 15-19 win!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [texaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a really useful thread.

Another data point that I'd be curious about as a newb would be basic fit coordinates (stack, reach, hip angle and/or drop) in relation to those numbers. On "paper", I should be able to put out wattage that would get me over 20mph for (a flat) 56 miles, but that I'd like to compare where I am to where I might need to get to take better advantage of the aero position, with the understanding that MMMV.

owner: world's tightest psoas (TM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can we revive this thread and also include your run off the bike? there are some impressive speeds coming from some not as impressive power outputs so im curious if these people are sacrificing their running legs.
ride for show, run for dough
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BeastTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had 5 runs during the race I posted from
It went Run, Bike, Swim, Run, Swim, Run, Swim, Run, Bike, Run

Post #51

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me: 78kg, 299 watts, 26.0mph, windy, out and back, rolling hills

wife: same course, 268 watts, 27.4mph 61kg

p3, hed jet9s (non c2 front) with disc cover, 21/23 zipp tagente tires for me, same wheels on a p2 for her.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Mar 15, 12 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 195W
2) Average speed - 21mph
3) Distance - 40miles
4) Rider weight - 150lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Look 596 in 70.3 setup, more comfortable than aggressive. Shitty easton wheels
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - no excuses

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOS 2011 - FWIW there was no swim before this.
1) Average watts - 283 W AVG, 300 W NP
2) Average speed - 19.7 mph
3) Distance - 27.6 miles
4) Rider weight - 175 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - P2, wheelcover in back, Hed Jet 6 in front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - 2,420 feet climbing with 1,260 net vertical increase (point to point)

RI 70.3
1) Average watts - 232 W AVG, 247 W NP
2) Average speed - 22.1 mph
3) Distance - 55.9 miles
4) Rider weight - 175 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - P2, wheelcover in back, Hed Jet 6 in front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - 2:29:49 bike split

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1.) 255 avg. watts (3.75 w/kg)
2.) 23.4 mph (4:47)
3.) 112 miles (Kona '11)
4.) 68 kilos
5.) speed concept, zipp 404's
6.) last race was really ITU Long Dist but power meter stopped working during the race :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
NOTE: Please include data only from TT's where the start elevation was similar to the finish. No hill climbs, or downhill races!
1) Average watts
2) Average speed
3) Distance
4) Rider weight
5) Describe bike and wheels
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

I'll go first:

1) 190w
2) 33.0kph (20.5mph)
3) 80kms
4) 72kgs (158-159lbs)
5) Cannondale Slice 3 with deep Corima on the front, wheel cover on the back
6) My goal was 190w, I averaged 190w. Felt bloody awful though, as I was training through this race (Geelong Long Course - 2/80/20) leading up to IM Melbourne - I had done a 2hr hard ride a couple of days before & felt great :). Horrible road surface, lots of wind & it rained pretty heavily at times - I would expect 33.5-34kph on nicer roads at that wattage
7) Will do this in the future...
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
me: 78kg, 299 watts, 26.0mph, windy, out and back, rolling hills

p3, hed jet9s (non c2 front) with disc cover, 21/23 zipp tagente tires for me, same wheels on a p2 for her.

Has your FTP gone up recently? That's some nice speed & power.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was hopin to see some true tri data
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BeastTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raced almost all Xterra last season so any more data would be from two years ago

From Long Course Nationals, ran a personal best afterwards

Duration: 2:22:17
Work: 1640 kJ
TSS: 183.1 (intensity factor 0.879)
Norm Power: 195
VI: 1.02
Pw:HR: n/a
Pa:HR: n/a
Distance: 55.415 mi
................Min Max Avg
Power: 0 565 192 watts
Cadence: 32 174 87 rpm
Speed: 5.8 37.2 23.4 mph
Pace 1:37 10:23 2:34 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 266 52 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 828 188 lb-in

From the 4th race at TTT North Carolina a week later, ran my second best afterwards
Duration: 2:34:08
Work: 1595 kJ
TSS: 160.6 (intensity factor 0.791)
Norm Power: 176
VI: 1.02
Pw:HR: n/a
Pa:HR: n/a
Distance: 57 mi
............Min Max Avg
Power: 0 412 173 watts
Cadence: 36 174 80 rpm
Speed: 2.6 29.1 22.2 mph
Pace 2:04 22:59 2:42 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 193 48 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 540 184 lb-in
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 15, 12 17:40
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

'Scuse me? Your wife averaged 4.39w/kg for how long? Impressive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next