Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Memphis in May Olympic (slightly short of 40k)

1) 272 watts (crank based Quarq)
2) 25.5 mph (57:08)
3) 24.29 miles
4) 152 lbs (height 5'11.5")
5) Cervelo P2C, HED Jet disc/Jet 9, Vittoria Open Corsa EVO tires, LG Superleggera w/visor, horizontal cage between bars and on down tube
6) headwind for the first 14 miles, tailwind for the last ~10
92 ft elevation gain (very flat), avg temp 78.1 deg F (per Garmin Edge 500)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/180195823

Race Reports, etc -- Bob's Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
bonesbrigade wrote:
Actually based on your CdA .237, it would take you approx 326w to go 45km/h.

Jbank, check my math (.2376*1375) to ensure I know what I'm talking about.

Math seems right. Obviously these are all estimates that might have big error bars. If his course
had some wind and some minor hills, his CdA would be lower that what we estimated here. If the
power meter was a little high or low, you would have similar errors. Still, I think I'm sticking with my
320w ballpark figure.

I finally got out for a TT:

1) 279w
2) 28.08 MPH
3) 15km
4) 145 Pounds
5) Cervelo P2C, with generic old style zipp clone front (pre dimple 50mm), with conti 4000s, and wheel cover on the back with a pro3race, skinsuit, aero lid (not sure of the brand).
6) went out too hard -- averaged 310w for the first 5 minutes - I blew pretty bad, had to get the watts down in the 260s half way through and pick it back up in the end.

I just built up this bike from the ST classifieds and only had one ride on it and haven't done a TT in years - how are those excuses? My goal was to go sub 20min. in our 15km TT series, which is 45km/h or so. I ended up at 20:03, and 44.9km/h with room for improvement. Not bad considering....

My FTP in my road position in the the 290s, so I was a little surprised how little power I was able to put out for this TT in this position. On the bright side, it looks like my CdA is quite low! I can only improve from here.

I guess I need to start putting some time on the bike to get used to the position and make changes as needed.

Question: I found myself coming forward and having to scoot back - king of like Contador was doing a couple of years ago. What would I do to fix this with regards to my position?

Last edited by: bonesbrigade: May 24, 12 19:34
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. I hate to see my math be so far off, but I'm glad you got such a good result ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 190 W
2) Average speed in MPH
21.7 MPH
3) Distance 20KM
4) Rider weight 186 lb
5) Describe bike and wheels 2011 Plasma 20, HED Jet 60's (2010) with wheel cover. SRAM SRM.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero. This year took me 35:21 including transition, 12 months ago it took me 41:49. Improvement! 2013 sub 30 minutes here I come!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
Nice work. I hate to see my math be so far off, but I'm glad you got such a good result ;)

Well, I'm only half happy as I should be able to put out at least 20 more watts. my 2x20s on the trainer are 290 to 300w, but on my road bike. So...something is off with my position, and/or I just need more saddle time.

1) Average watts 181 W
2) Average speed in MPH 21.5 MPH
3) Distance
13.5 M
4) Rider weight
220 lb
5) Describe bike and wheels
2007 Litespeed Sabre, Zipp 808s (non-FC), PT Comp Wired PM
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero.
Lack of power EZ - 3rd ride since August 2011 (hence weight - ouch). Other two were in short races as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bonesbrigade wrote:
jbank wrote:

Well, I'm only half happy as I should be able to put out at least 20 more watts. my 2x20s on the trainer are 290 to 300w, but on my road bike. So...something is off with my position, and/or I just need more saddle time.

Or your power meter? Are you using the same PM on both setups?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
bonesbrigade wrote:
jbank wrote:

Or your power meter? Are you using the same PM on both setups?

Yes, but I did forget to calibrate on my garmin 500 before the TT, so that could be an issue. My data above shows an estimate of a .2 CdA...

Reading item #6 on these posts is fun. Most people are never without an excuse why they are not faster.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES, PEOPLE!!! Just ride your best, learn from your mistakes and avoid them next time. I feel like many of these posts would be better suited to the "Cry like a little biatch" thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts :310
2) Average speed in MPH 26.25
3) Distance 7.35 mi
4) Rider weight 170
5) Describe bike and wheels 2012 Shiv Expert, Planet X 38mm front, 62mm back
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero. I'm in my first year, much more time needed to reach max output

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man. That's what the OP asked for. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 311watts
2) Average speed in MPH 24.9mph
3) Distance
12.2miles (20k)
4) Rider weight
148lb
Speed Concept 7.5, zipp 808 and disc
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero.
Came off my DNF at St George, no real upper end, but happy with power.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 240watts
2) Average speed in MPH 25.2mph
3) Distance
56 miles (90k) (Half Ironman Calella, Spain)
4) Rider weight
158lb (72 kg)
Argon 18 E118, Reynolds Disc and 66mm front. SRM Watts and Di2.
None really, slight wind. 2nd best AG on the bike between 1600 riders yesterday :) and ran 4:15 on the half marathon, which is PR for me.

Edit: Can anybody confirm if this is fairly fast/efficient at 240W? The SRM has just been calibrated with and was zero-offset in the morning.
Last edited by: Mulen: May 27, 12 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in awe of your blazing 4:15 half marathon! ;)

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha - good one. In the metric system, running at 4:15 min / km is fairly OK, getting you to the line in 1 hour 30 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total brag, but I'm stoked.

1) Average watts: 351
2) Average speed in MPH: 26.2
3) Distance: 40km
4) Rider weight: 205 lbs. (6'7", so still pretty skinny)
5) Describe bike and wheels: Cervelo P2SL, old school tri-spoke front (unbadged HED), LG Rocket Helmet, disc covered Mavic CXP33 rear.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Need to get a skinsuit, and a frame that fits me, otherwise, not much could've gone better given the state of my training. Losing 5-10 lbs. would help with cda, but I got enough "are you sick and uwell?" questions that going from 190 to 205 was necessary (and admittedly enjoyable).
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. Pending

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25.2 mph on 240W is very good in my expierence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1) Average watts : 192W (202 NP)
2) Average speed in MPH : 22.15
3) Distance: 40k (olympic tri bike split)
4) Rider weight: 165lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels : Trek Speed Concept 7.0 w/ SRAM Quarq. Replaced cockpit with Profile Design ProSvet bar and T1+ Viper extensions. Running Speefil A2 between the arms (~16oz) and original Speedfil on the downtube (filled with ~12oz). Draft box attached, and bento box from Dark Speed Works. Wearing Giro Adv 2 helmet. SRAM S60 front, S80 rear with Bontrager R4 tires and latex tubes.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero : just went too easy, was planning on average 215-225W.
file from Garmin 500: http://www.trainingpeaks.com/...CM6OFL34Y6LYMR2UL3Y4

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 196 watts
2) 20.5 MPH
3) 56.88 miles (Lone Star HIM Galveston, very flat)
4) 170lbs
5) Scott Addict Road bike w/ clip ons, aero helmet, 808 Firecrests (no disc/wheel cover)
6) first triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [hankscorpio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) No idea, can't afford a power meter. Anyone want to take a wild guess at my power?
2) 24.8mph
3) 20km bike split of triathlon
4) 148lb
5) Cervelo P2C, Stinger 90's (conti competition rear, vittoria corsa cx front), LG rocket, Bontrager aero bottle, Kiwami Amphibian suit
6) Got Rhabdomyolysis at collegiate nationals. Given the circumstances I was happy to finish

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 331
2) Average speed in MPH - 27.6
3) Distance - 40k
4) Rider weight - 5'10", 175 All Muscle
5) Describe bike and wheels -

Cervelo P2k (Al)
Pro Missile Aerobars, straight extensions
HED3 Tubular Front, Vittoria EVO Corsa CX 21mm
Mavic Open Pro w/ wheel cover rear, Bontrager RacerliteX AC tires and latex tubes

Not bike related but important:
LG Rocket helmet w/ Visor and everything taped
Castelli Body Paint 2.0 Skinsuit

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero

Absolutely none, that was the best TT I've ever put together. I've got to give a huge credit to the skin suit. I had a tight road kit setup, but that thing is easily worth 2 minutes over it.

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

If I find a pic I'll edit the post to include.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris - great race, that's not a fast course. The skin suit will make a huge difference, it definitely did for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah, Mr. Roseberry, I presume? Was depressing when you passed me 5 miles into the race... why couldn't you lead off the event so I wouldn't have to see you fly off into the horizon?

edit: And you say the skin suit was worth 2 minutes over a tight road kit? Might've had a race if I had one over my old rowing JL and bibs! ;)
Last edited by: Quantum: Jun 4, 12 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 328
2) Average speed in MPH 27.7 (54min, 1 sec time)
3) Distance 40k

4) Rider weight 6'2'' 167lbs

5) Describe bike and wheels Speed Concept Profile 90 front w/ Bontrager aerowing tire, Edge rear w/ disc cover (ordered latex tubes for this weekend's race)

Still experimenting with positions, trying to make the same power on the tt bike and road bike is really hard (and didn't have latex tubes :D)

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I've been there (Bibs and JL)!

Rowed at Boston U
Quote Reply

Prev Next