Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 189 watts (I am a pansy, I know)
2) 21.86 MPH
3) 56.6 miles
4) 148ish lbs
5) 2009 P2C with 404 FC front, 808 FC rear with Wheelbuilder cover.
6) First ride with latex tubes, vittoria evo corsa tires. Stopped for a couple minutes to help someone who crashed. My position is not very efficient but I am working on it.
7) No current picture.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) NP 241w, avg 226
2) 20.3 mph
3) 25 miles (Oly bike segment)
4) 172 lbs
5) Cervelo P2C, Hed Jet 60 front, Wheelbuilder disk cover rear
6) 2x Last 20km of IMMT . Very hilly, a few 12-14% climbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kat Hunter just now at Nature Valley:

1. 273watts via powertap
2. 24.6 mph
3. 7.7 miles out and back
4. 134lbs
5. Litespeed C3 Road Bike, Jet6 front, Jet9 rear, 23mm GP4000s tires, latex tubes, skin suit, road helmet
6. eddy m tt at nature valley stage race.

http://www.naturevalleybicyclefestival.com/...x/Results/STPTTWomen

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost there....
1. Average watts 203
2. Average Speed 24.6
3. Distance 40K
4. Rider Weight 143
5. P2 48cm Jet 90/90 with cover on rear
6. No excuses, very flat course

Selection:
Duration: 1:00:51
Work: 740 kJ
TSS: 84.8 (intensity factor 0.914)
Norm Power: 206
VI: 1.02
Pw:HR: n/a
Pa:HR: n/a
Distance: 24.913 mi
.........Min Max Avg
Power: 0 521 203 watts
Cadence: 40 124 83 rpm
Speed: 6.5 28.3 24.6 mph
Pace 2:07 9:17 2:26 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 224 51 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 693 207 lb-in
Last edited by: jaretj: Jun 17, 12 16:52
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Said it before, but I must doing something wrong. I'm a couple of pounds heavier than you, putting out similar watts - but for a three hour ride - and nowhere close to riding that speed . Sigh.....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [MustGoFaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably a bit taller than me.

I'm short with short legs so I don't poke a big hole in the wind.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watt-220
2) Average speed in MPH-23.6
3) Distance-56 (Eagleman 70.3)
4) Rider weight- 174
5) Describe bike and wheels- Cervelo P3, Zipp disc w/ 404 on front
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 261
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.6
3) Distance: 56 miles (Eagleman)
4) Rider weight: 165lbs
5) Cervelo P2C, Easton EC90TT 90mm front and rear with disc cover

Garmin connect file: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/188138428

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [snowshaper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 163
2) Average speed in MPH: 21.1
3) Distance: 8 Mi
4) Rider weight: 125
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt B16 with Renyolds Strike wheels. 66mm deep

not sure how good this is, i came in last in my age group and 60th out of 79

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [AlphaQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlphaQ wrote:
1) Average watts 190 W
2) Average speed in MPH
21.7 MPH
3) Distance 20KM
4) Rider weight 186 lb
5) Describe bike and wheels 2011 Plasma 20, HED Jet 60's (2010) with wheel cover. SRAM SRM.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero. This year took me 35:21 including transition, 12 months ago it took me 41:49. Improvement! 2013 sub 30 minutes here I come!

Update on this:

1) 188W
2) 20.3 MPH
3) 40KM
4) 186 lb
5) As above, replaced rear HED with wheel cover with a Renn disc due to touching inside the frame with WC
6) 2 man 40KM TT. Really windy day, out n back into the head wind x2, I'm very happy to have only lost 2w over double the distance and in far worse conditions compared to 2 months ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [AlphaQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watt-289
2) Average speed in MPH-25.5
3) Distance-16mi (37:35)
4) Rider weight- 201
5) Describe bike and wheels- Cervelo Alu P3, Boyd 58mm Carbon Clinchers F/R
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awfully quick for just 240 watts. I would check the meter calibration again.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm .... the SRM (Dura Ace) is 1 year old and was just calibrated 1 month ago. Not sure I want to sent it to Germany for 4 weeks again to undergo calibration. I was correctly zero-offset on race day.

240w and producing 40.5 km/h (70.3 goal watts)

or

215w and producing 38.6 km/h (IM goal watts)...

more or less this position, except I lowered the seat some 8 mm ... Tom

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either way it's pdq.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 240watts (244 NP)
2) Average speed in MPH 24.2mph
3) Distance
56 miles (2012 Eagleman 70.3)
4) Rider weight
160lb
5) Describe bike and wheels
Cervelo P3, Zipp 808 (non-FC), Zipp 900 Disk, Spiuk aero helmet.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:
2:19 bike and 1:24 run split, which are both PRs in a HIM for me.

http://toddbyers.blogspot.com/ | @ToddByers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1) Average watts: 149
2) Average speed in MPH: 19.5
3) Distance:40k (Oly try)
4) Rider weight: 140lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt B16, Giro Advantage 2, 2012 Hed Jet 6/9
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: My chicken legs only go so fast, and I've bought about as much speed as I can afford.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

.... must... get... faster! Some of you folks have some impressive numbers.... I'm going to start putting this PT to good use and do more 2x20s, and then some more 2x20s. Unless you think I should be doing something else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 256 Watts
2) 24.9
3) 29
4) 5'9"/ 150
5) Cervelo P4 w/ Williams System 85 Wheels
6) A little windy with a few rollers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pdq?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty Dang Quick. At least in my world. And looking at your numbers, I agree :)

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Trismitty & Derf

here´s the TP file from my Half Challenge Calella (Barcelona, Spain) - the first and last 2-3 km from/to the city (hence around 3-4% of the powe file) you run over 10-12 speedbumps and corners out/into town. So if you only consider the 95% middlesection of the file/graph, I get 40.4 km/h at 240w. http://tpks.ws/YVm21QM0

I am totally open to anything I do bad interpreting this data. And again, I would be surprised if the engineers at SRM sent back a badly calibrated unit.

Cheers - Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you're numbers were off--240 W to do 40km/hr is just quite slippery (CdA ~0.23 m^2) . Congrats on what seems to be a very good position.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Derf

thanks - I had some issues with the SRM (right out of the box) that kept producing some odd numbers, but now seems to be OK after a trip to Germany :(
Thanks again for your feedback!

Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From hauling myself around my last race

1) Average watts 177 (per Sporttracks with GPS2Power and Weather)
2) Average speed in MPH 17mph
3) Distance 20k (Guelph I Sprint)
4) Rider weight 240 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels Roubaix Elite, Hed Belgium Rims, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX, Butyl Tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - I'm fat and the course wasn't flat.

Happy with the result, it was a MOP bike effort.

I'm competing against my current fitness level, and planning to kick my a**!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Kat Hunter just now at Nature Valley:

1. 273watts via powertap
2. 24.6 mph
3. 7.7 miles out and back
4. 134lbs
5. Litespeed C3 Road Bike, Jet6 front, Jet9 rear, 23mm GP4000s tires, latex tubes, skin suit, road helmet
6. eddy m tt at nature valley stage race.

http://www.naturevalleybicyclefestival.com/...x/Results/STPTTWomen

Just wondering. Does she put out more power on the road bike or is it pretty equal to the TT bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 394Watts (10:58)
2) Average speed in MPH - 11.5mph Hill Climb
3) Distance - 2.05 miles @ avg. 7.5% grade
4) Rider weight - 73kg (5.4 w/kg)
5) Describe bike and wheels - Cervelo Soloist Team (mavic open pro rear with PTap Pro+/Reynolds attack front)

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - below

Nothing remarkable about above, except to note that I was absolutely hammered by 57 yr old Olav Stana by 1 min 9 seconds... inspiring to keep riding over the next couple of decades.

Quote Reply

Prev Next