Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [pritchet74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pritchet74 wrote:
I finally got in a TT last night. The Davis PCSD is such a great event!

1. 220W
2. 24.3 mph
3. 10 miles, flat. 5 miles out, 5 miles back. Very minimal wind.
4. 155#
5. Cervelo SLC-SL w/ 2013 Hed Jet 6's
6. Setup was exactly as shown in the pic. Only differences were the wheels, no shoe covers, and LG Chrono helmet instead of LG Rocket helmet.

[URL=http://s234.photobucket.com/...12DUNLAPTT-.jpg.html][/url]

"Very minimal wind?" What time did you go out? I went twice, once around 6:05 and again around 6:45 and it was really windy both times.

Nice position, BTW.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night it wasn't very windy at all out there - it seemed really calm to me. I went off at 6:06. The first time I did that race (2008) it was a 20 mph crosswind the whole time. That was fun....
Last edited by: pritchet74: May 16, 13 13:07
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [gerardm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 221
2) Average speed in MPH - 20.7
3) Distance - 40.3 (but my garmin measured 41.5?)
4) Rider weight - 182
5) Describe bike and wheels - Felt B16, HED Jet 6 front, PT laced Open Pro w/disk cover rear

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
Two loop course and a very windy one! But really I was dealing with illness for 2 weeks leading up to and including the race, so I had to treat the race as a long brick workout and remain in a high endurance/low tempo range. All things considered I was still happy with my results.

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.
Not a very good picture from the race but it's all I have of the bike leg:

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wildflower Long Course

1) 156 watts
2) 17.8 MPH
3) 55.1 miles
4) 168lbs
5) Speed Concept 7 series w/ Ventus bar, Omega, Older Zipp 404/900 tubular (21mm Vittoria Evo front, 22mm Conti GP4000 tubular rear), Giro Advantage 2 helmet
6) Good swim, not too fatigued (31 min). I'm weak. Not a strong rider and have been running more. Wasted my run fitness on the bike and had a crap run. Bad pavement and some hills?
7)Here's the bike w/o me:

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [smetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Avg Watts: 342
2) Avg Speed in MPH: 25.7
3) Distance: 11.1 miles
4) Rider weight: 170lbs
5) Bike/Wheels: Shiv TT, Hed Stinger Disc, Zipp 808 FC Tubular front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: None, best TT in about a year for me. Hard course, uphill going out, fast and downhill coming back.
7) Picture of position

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 262, 269 NP (Quarq)
2) Average speed in MPH: 25.6
3) Distance: 40k
4) Rider weight: 151 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2007 P2, 2009 404 front, disc covered training wheel rear
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Basically a pretty flat course with very minimal wind. Simple out and back. It did rain lightly for about 10 miles.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tean 10m TT last night.

Distance: 10.02 mi
Avg Power: 274 W
Max Power: 890 W
Max Avg Power (20 min): 276 W
Normalized Power (NP): 280 W
Intensity Factor (IF): 1.095
Training Stress Score (TSS): 46.5
Avg HR: 172 bpm
Max HR: 179 bpm
Elevation Gain: 364 ft
Elevation Loss: 384 ft
Min Elevation: 219 ft
Max Elevation: 370 ft
Moving Time: 23:45
Avg Moving Speed: 25.3 mph
Max Speed: 36.6 mph

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tri808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP: 275 (PT)
2) Average speed in MPH: 23.6
3) Distance: 19.0k
4) Rider weight: 162lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: P3, Flo 60 front, disc cover on rear. GP4000s w/ latex on the front, Vittoria EVO Triathlon on the back
6) Misc notes: perfect weather, cool temps with almost no wind. 600+ feet of climbing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 281 watts
2) 26.0 mph
3) 10.85 miles
4) 160 lbs
5) Scott Plasma 2, Campy Record, Zipp 808 up front and a Renn 575 in back. 3T Brezza areobars.
6) 1st tt of the season. Was not at 86 degrees and about a 16 MPH wind.

Rode this Tuesday night of this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 205 AP, 222 NP
2) 21.5 mph
3) 56 miles
4) 130 lbs
5) Orbea Ordu, Zipp 808 rear 202 front
6) 70.3 St. Croix bike split, NP is way off AP because lots of hills that demand heavy power and lots of slow corners with 0 watts. This course was hands down the most challenging race I've ever done. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them.

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
The miscellaneous notes are pretty important. I have 2 inches of spacers and an upturned stem due to my back and hip. In fact; last year's winner Dave Morris-probably averaged 5-10w less to go 4 minutes faster last year and would've gone faster this year as well if not for a mechanical. My position is what it is.

Great job on your ride.

Oops, missed this thread last week. Last year I did 294 watts and averaged 26.5 mph while this year up until the flat I was averaging 310 watts and 26.3 mph. It looks like I would have probably been ~60 seconds slower this year on 15 more watts if you take out the mechanical. It was windy!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [dmorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmorris wrote:
eganski wrote:
The miscellaneous notes are pretty important. I have 2 inches of spacers and an upturned stem due to my back and hip. In fact; last year's winner Dave Morris-probably averaged 5-10w less to go 4 minutes faster last year and would've gone faster this year as well if not for a mechanical. My position is what it is.

Great job on your ride.

Oops, missed this thread last week. Last year I did 294 watts and averaged 26.5 mph while this year up until the flat I was averaging 310 watts and 26.3 mph. It looks like I would have probably been ~60 seconds slower this year on 15 more watts if you take out the mechanical. It was windy!

Sandbagger!

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1)336w
2)26.2mph
3)6.5mi
4)170
5)P5-6 rear 404fc with wheel cover(4000s), 808fc front(20mm ss)
6) to the half way point was 8:10, return was 6:44 with last 1:20 at 40mph and 390w(46.2mph max pedaling). rolly course, actually avg 350w while pedaling(coasted on the biggest downhill at 48mph, usually pedal it to 50, but was tired), but legs not there currently as thyroid meds are too low from trying to determine if that was a causality of my SVT(it's not and meds are being increased again)

misc, this was only my 3rd best time on this course(13sec off course record), has 264' up and 221' down to turn around and reverse on way back, and a good breeze headwind on way out(obviously). I picked up 3 strava snipes enroute(that is the important part, since I started strava logs 2 weeks ago for entertainment :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - im wattless...does anyone not have a pm?!

2) Average speed in MPH - 36.2km/hr or 22.5mph, took 2:29
3) Distance - 70.3 IM, so 90kms or 56miles?
4) Rider weight - 71kgs or 157 odd pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2012 cervelo p2, a God awful amount of spacers included. FLO 60 front, FLO 90 rear with wheelbuilder cover
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - No excuse, that is my first 70.3 race. i will get better. Im not very aero though. i have been fitted and i feel very comfy, but im not low. Its spacer city on the front.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP: 197
2) Average speed in MPH: 22.38
3) Distance: 56
4) Rider weight: 176lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Trek 1000 modified with forward seat post, -40* stem, modified aero bars to get lower, powertap training wheel with disc cover, old mavic cosmic carbone (possibly 2004?), giro selector helmet. Bottle between the arms and on down tube. Picture of position in profile.
6) Misc notes: Very flat course (busso 70.3), 7kg over what I would consider my normal race weight, the bearings in the powertap need replacing. Very unfit so only managed what was ironman effort 5 months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Avg Watts: 264 AV, 274 NP
2) Avg Speed in MPH: 24.4
3) Distance: 24.37

4) Rider weight: 208lbs
5) Bike/Wheels: P3 AL, Boyd 58 clinchers F/R, Conty 4000S, tires, latex tubes

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Bike leg of Olympic distance race, tough swim across a river. Roads were wet, out and back course with an 180 degree turnaround, two 135 degree turns with wet RR tracks near the apex of the turn, and two other off camber 90 degree turns which required a lot of slowing due to the wet roads. Overall I was happy with the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 213 watts
2) 22.16mph
3) 12.2 miles
4) 145-ish lbs
5) specialized transition with zipp disc on the back and zipp 808 on the front
6) relatively flat course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN Texas

1) AP: 200 , NP: 210, VI: 1.05
2) 22.2 MPH
3) 112 miles (111.35 per the Garmin Edge 500)
4) 165 lbs
5) P2c. Front: HED 3, Rear: HED Jet Disc
6) Hot and Windy Day at IM Texas 2013
7) May add if there is a good finisherpix

Proudly Team BSR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Columbia triathlon bike leg. Rolling hill course.

1.) Average watts: 203, NP 233
2.) Average speed: 24 mph
3.) Distance: 25.2 mi
4.) Rider weight: 140 lbs
5.) Cannondale Slice, Hed Jet9 front, Jet Disc rear. GP4000s w/ latex on both.
6.) Foggy and drizzly. Power can't possibly be right, it must be reading low, Aerolab in GC fits roughly to a Crr 0.004 and CdA 0.18. I suspect my quarq must not have liked sitting over night in the rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2013 Gulf Coast Tri

race report

1) Average watts 222 AP
2) Average speed in MPH 24mph , 2:19:59 bike split
3) Distance 56
4) Rider weight 165lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels QR CD0.1, HED jet 6/Flo disc, Vittoria open corsa with latex; Giro A2
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Last edited by: Borden: May 20, 13 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 278 watts AP (SRM)
2. 25.75 mph
3. 6.5mi
4. 175lbs
5. Cervelo P4 w/ Ventus bars, Zipp disc and 808FC front, properly glued and air pressured Vittoria EVO Slick 23mm tires.
6. Opening TT of a stage race. Stupidly rode 65 miles to get there. Did not check elevation profile or weather, so of course it was slightly uphill there and a headwind. Had to push to make my start time. Had no ooomph for the TT and rode it at a hard tempo. Rode home with my tail between my legs and head hung in shame. Dropped out of the stage race after that.

Other notes: average speed was better than last TT, on less watts, so at least I have that.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Texas 5:03 split

1) Average watts : 197 nrm pwr / 190 avg pwr (1.037 VI)
2) Average speed in MPH : 22.1
3) Distance : 112 (111.52 on the Garmin)
4) Rider weight : 163
5) Describe bike and wheels : SWorks SHIV, Zipp disc / 404

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero : Complete meltdown on run following. Deathmarch in the Texas sun. Was lucky to finish at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [andykronsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seaside NJ 18 mile tt

1) Average watts : 344
2) Average speed in MPH : 27.6
3) Distance : 18 miles

4) Rider weight : 165lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels : Trek SC, Flo 90 front, Enve rear w/ cover

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero : typical shore town rough road. zipper broke on my skin suit forcing me to throw a jersey over it to close it up
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 189W (AP) (powertap)
2) Average speed 20.5 mph
4) Rider weight 153 lb (Height 70")
5) Describe bike and wheels cannondale supersix; nimble crosswind trispoke up front; sub-9 in the back; profile design aero bottle and clip on aero bars; one bottle on frame.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero hilly course (~3000 ft of climbing per garmin), uncomfortably warm weather for early season race (but nothing like IMTX...yikes!); in retrospect, maybe pushed a little too hard for HIM

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Average watts: 189
2. Average speed in mph: 21.1
3. Distance: 55.89
4. Rider weight: 177 lbs
5. Describe bike and wheels: orbea Ora, Easton ec90 aero tubular w/ disc cover on rear
6. Misc bitching notes: Florida 70.3, hot as hell, babied the bike so I could handle the run
Quote Reply

Prev Next