Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heres the Garmin numbers from the race. The picture is from the NYC triathlon, same set up except I had a HED Jet 6 front not the 808 FC. I'm on a P3 now and think I might actually be a little bit slower.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn that is a nice position, but I was expecting a Jack Mott photo or something. That is astonishing to go that fast(great split by the way) with that wattage. DAMN killer! To think you might have even more improvement in your position to come has gotta be a fun thing to ponder.

We look to be about the same size, I'm on a 58 P3, 6'1", I'm significantly lower and have an ultra clean front end with a Bayonet bar and all housing tucked away/Zipp 900/H3. It takes me right ~ 300 watts to get 26ish. How you are getting that kind of speed on ~ 70 watts less than me blows my mind dang. Any more positional changes for me would have to be tunnel proven like narrowed arm rest and the like and I'm too cheap for that. Any lower and I physically can't see. Very lucky the Adamo lets me get to my proper biomechanical position easily.

Guess I'm finally going to get an aero helmet then maybe all this little things will creep into my gear stable finally.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Mar 6, 13 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Joostoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 245
2) Average speed in MPH - 25.8

3) Distance - 56 miles
4) Rider weight -150 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels Custom Guru CR.901, HED Stinger Disc, Planet X 404 front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: My only ride outside all winter, everything else has been on my Cyclops trainer with Quarq
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Methinks you got a lot of tailwind and/or incidental drafting (while passing) help. Great position and awesome split, but even with your setup, there's no way you're batting around .17-.18 CdA. :)

Regardless--as I said above, great position and awesome split.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could also be that his PM reads low. Either way, I agree. No matter how you slice it, it was a great time, but I agree that the implied CdA seems a bit implausible.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Joostoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 279
2) Average speed in MPH 26.1
3) Distance 55.4 miles
4) Rider weight 194lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels Trek SC 7.9 with Zipp 808 front and rear
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Faster than I expected.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are right on...it was a very favorable course as I have a few buddies that did it this year and far outperformed their capabilities (on paper) w/ amazing bike splits. Like you said though it is still a great effort and great race (good run too).

John F. Ambrozic III
H & A Racing

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) Average watts - 189 (AP) / 192 (NP)
2) Average speed in MPH - 22.2
3) Distance - 17.8 miles
4) Rider weight - 149 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Cervelo P3, Flo disc and Flo 60 front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - I rode the course last week at my target power and was within 3 watts of race day. On race day I was 1 second faster than the test ride (virtially same power, but addition of aero helmet and race wheels), but HR was lower and it was a tougher/windier day.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. - I Can update a pic of my position later, but here is the bike race ready as it rode yesterday.

Last edited by: LSUfan4444: May 6, 13 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 249 (AP) / 257 (NP)
2) Average speed in MPH - 21.6 MPH
3) Distance - 24.25 mi according to Garmin
4) Rider weight - 188 lbs (182 now getting to 175)
5) Describe bike and wheels - Transition w/ 808 clinchers front and back
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Went out too hard. Tough course, tough day with the wind etc but a good effort for early in the year for me
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Garmin Connect Activity

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 285 (AP) / 285 (NP) powertap
2) Average speed in MPH - 25.37MPH
3) Distance - 40k
4) Rider weight - 175lbs 79kg
5) Describe bike and wheels - OldP3, Jet 6/Disc 4000S 23mm tires
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Bit of wind, not bad.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: May 6, 13 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 315 (AP) / 315 (NP) Power2max with Osymetric's
2) Average speed in MPH - 40.3 km/h
3) Distance - 46k
4) Rider weight - 78kg (1m98cm)
5) Describe bike and wheels - Quintana Roo Lucero Lite with Zipp 808 wheels (2009 model) with Conti4000S 23mm tires
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - No wind at all during this time trial, which is quite unusual because I live in the Netherlands...

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Cobus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 264 Avg / 268 NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 23.1 MPH
3) Distance - 15.2 miles
4) Rider weight - 196 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2007 Kuota K-Factor with Fulcrum Racing 5 Front/Mavic Open Pro with PowerTap with Aerojacket
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Windy day.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [fatbastard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 240 Avg / 250 NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 22.0 MPH
3) Distance - 55.2 miles
4) Rider weight - 158 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Specialized Transition, H3/AW19 front with a ptap + xc279 + disc cover + evo cx II in back
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - Wildflower long course--need I say more? It was pretty windy on the back stretch as well. Lot of oscillating between 19 and 27 depending on the state of the rollers and wind heading.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 230 - Average watts
2) 19.96 - Average speed in MPH
3) 24.69 - Distance
4) 196 - Rider weight
5) 2012 CAAD 10 Rival, Powertab G3 standard wheelset, clip-on aero bars - Describe bike and wheels
6) I am tall 6'6" and sit like a sail on the bike despite clip-ons. Course had rolling hills, coarse asphalt road and wind.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 335 (337 NP, 1.01 VI). 3.81 W/kg
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.5
3) Distance: 10.92 miles
4) Rider weight: 193 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2009 Felt B16. Stock except: PowerTap Pro Alloy Wheelset, 3T Aura cockpit. Standard road helmet.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:
I was really happy with my power output, less so my speed...

Based on the average speed I should figure out why my CdA is roughly that of a brick wall. I'll try to do the same TT with a Giro Advantage 2 helmet, S60 front and Disc Cover for the rear to get a comparison. I didn't have anything crazy like spare kit, rear hydration, or a bento box on the bike... it was pretty clean.

The course is an out and back and relatively flat (3-4 small undulations of ~90 vertical feet per out and back section). Wind was pretty calm, average speed out and back was roughly the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 195
2) Average speed in MPH: 23.7
3) Distance: 55.88 miles
4) Rider weight: 136 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2009 P1, Powertap/wheel Cover Rear, FLO60 Front, Omega Front Brake, Bell Javelin Helmet

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:
Heavy Head wind for most of first 28 miles, heavy tailwind for most of second half. Basically flat course.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 278W (280NP)
2) Average speed in MPH 24.4MPH
3) Distance 20.86
4) Rider weight: 210 Pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels: 56cm P3 alum, 58mm Boyd Carbon Clinchers, Powertap G3, 23mm Continental 4000s with latex tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: something scraped the inside of my seat tube cutout at mile 8. Sounded exactly like a blowout, spent a quarter mile or so looking down trying to figure out why my rear tire wasn't flat if it just blew out. Also, fought a crosswind the entire time.
Last edited by: BBB1975: May 8, 13 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 211
2) Average speed in MPH: 23.8
3) Distance: 17.64 miles
4) Rider weight: 136 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2009 P1, Powertap/wheel Cover Rear, FLO60 Front, Omega Front Brake, Bell Javelin Helmet
Pretty Windy Day, rolling hills across whole course. Good number of turns, very little race traffic to deal with.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 282W (291NP)
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.8
3) Distance: 40.3 miles
4) Rider weight: 172 Pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels: 56cm P3C, Zipp 808 front, 808 Firecrest rear, Vittoria Corsa Evo tires.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: very windy, a lot of side wind. I have back and hip issues that prevent me from being as aero as I'd like to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
cdw wrote:

Average power--233 watts
Average speed--25.5 mph

Holy smokes. This strikes me as pretty damn efficient. Any pictures of your fit?

Drafting , just kiddin.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
1) Average watts: 282W (291NP)
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.8
3) Distance: 40.3 miles
4) Rider weight: 172 Pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels: 56cm P3C, Zipp 808 front, 808 Firecrest rear, Vittoria Corsa Evo tires.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: very windy, a lot of side wind. I have back and hip issues that prevent me from being as aero as I'd like to be.

Interesting. I averaged 278 watts and 24.4 MPH for the Devilman sprint on an alu P3. An alu P3, 210lbs, and 58 mm deep V rims is roughly .4mph slower on the same course than someone on a P3C weighing 172 lbs with 808 Firecrests.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The miscellaneous notes are pretty important. I have 2 inches of spacers and an upturned stem due to my back and hip. In fact; last year's winner Dave Morris-probably averaged 5-10w less to go 4 minutes faster last year and would've gone faster this year as well if not for a mechanical. My position is what it is.

Great job on your ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally got in a TT last night. The Davis PCSD is such a great event!

1. 220W
2. 24.3 mph
3. 10 miles, flat. 5 miles out, 5 miles back. Very minimal wind.
4. 155#
5. Cervelo SLC-SL w/ 2013 Hed Jet 6's
6. Setup was exactly as shown in the pic. Only differences were the wheels, no shoe covers, and LG Chrono helmet instead of LG Rocket helmet.

[URL=http://s234.photobucket.com/...12DUNLAPTT-.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 301 (NP 312)
2) Average speed in MPH: 25
3) Distance: 20.17 miles
4) Rider weight: 170 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Trek SC 9.5 with Quarq SRAM S975, garmin 910xt head unit, Reynolds 66 front and Zipp Super 9 disc with Conti Attack/Force tubulars
Not much to whine about. Part of a duathlon with a 5k before bike and another one after. Course had a few rollers and a slight headwind on first half and slight tailwind on second half.

Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 261
2) Average speed in MPH - 23.1
3) Distance - 10.63
4) Rider weight - 152
5) Describe bike and wheels - Shiv, Mavic Cosmic Carbone Front, Flo Disc Rear

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
- 3 loop course pretty damn windy, and my un aero position below =]

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. - my fit thread
Quote Reply

Prev Next