Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 295
2) 27.4
3) 10.3
4) 162
5)P4 wheelcover on PT, 808FC front, short sleeve skinsuit and Giro selector. No shoe covers.
6) Sick. Lowest power TT of year, and slowest TT of year. Flat out and back course with one braking corner. Slight headwind out, tailwind back.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffmpollock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 237
2. 24.3
3. 20
4. 157
5. Ordu w/ HED Stinger 90 front and HED Disc

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a standalone TT:
1) 354 W
2) 46.05 km/h / 28.62 mph
3) 21km / 13,05 miles
4) 74kg / 163 lbs
5) Cervelo P2C, Renn 575 disc, Hed Stinger 90 front
6) Course was out and back, gained 35 m in elevation to turnaround. Slight tailwind out/headwind back in.
7) Blasting out of the starting gate:

On a tri (Austria Triathlon, HIM)
1) 268 W
2) 40.9 km/h / 25.4 mph
3) 90km / 55,93 miles
4) 73kg / 161 lbs
5) Cervelo P2C, Renn 575 disc, Hed Stinger 90 front
6) Mostly flat, 2-loop course. Lots of traffic on the first lap, as I came out from a fairly weak swim. Was penalized for a minute for dropping a bottle out of an aid station, otherwise would have had the fastest split of the day. Grr.

7) Unfortunately no pics of me taken in the bike.

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [wickert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a recent IM triathlon:
1) 152 watts NP
2) 19.5 mph (5:38)
3) 112 miles distance
4) 145 lbs
5) Trek 7.5 SC, wheelbuilder disc cover, bontrager front spoke wheel, aero helmet

6) Course was two loop, 1550 ft elevation total.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kat Hunter, 5'10", 135lbs, P2C, Jet 9 Powertap rear with cover, stinger9 front, vittoria evo cx 320 tires

26.6mph on 242 watts for 8 miles, with rolling hills. out and back.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Sep 9, 11 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
248 watts, 24.0 mph, 24.7 miles olympic, 1400 climbing, 1:02:xx, 6', 181, QR CD 0.1, 808 clinchers with a covered rear, mondo open tubulars, latex, spec aero bucket.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Louisville
5:29:24
112.38 miles
20.4 MPH
Avg power-200
NP- 226
6'4, 183 lbs
Trek Speed Concept 9.9
Zipp 808 (non fc) front, Zipp 808 (non fc) rear with Wheelbuilder cover
Rudy Project Wingspan helmet

https://www.strava.com/athletes/773280
http://imroycer81.blogspot.com/
teamemj.com
everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 316 watts
2) 26.8 mph
3) 10.5 miles
4) 159 lbs
5) P3C, HED Jet 6 Front, HED Jet 9 Rear with WheelBuilder Wheel Cover
6) Out and Back Rolling TT - 10 mph Head Wind on the Out Leg
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

I know enough to know I don't know enough...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you swap out the Watts on the graph to Watt/KG?

While most people here are lightweights it seems, I'm up at 185-190 pounds, so while my watts are higher, they are less efficient.

1- 245 watts - 2.89 w/kg
2- 23.1 mph
3- 112.25
4- 187 pounds - 84.82 kg
5- P2, Williams 85 mm rims
6- Flat to rolling course
7- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/...ike+brett+miller.jpg

Brett Miller
Cydesdale Triathlon
M2 Revolution
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 247NP
2. 24.8 mph (with turnaround) and one stop in the middle of the road so some idiot could turn into her driveway at .00005 mph
3. 15.5 miles.
4. 154
5. P3, Hed Jet 90, Jet Disc.
6. 400+ feet of elevation change (that's flat in WV). Decent headwind (going out) and tail wind coming home. I'm not good at estimating wind speed but it was noticeable. Course was drop dead gorgeous--ran along a beautiful river with white water--not that I saw any of it during the race but it was nice to look at beforehand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The watts seems high to me, but I just got a power meter and only used it once or twice before the race and just barely downloaded the info. Race was Lake Stevens 70.3, placed 3rd in Men 25-29, 4:36 overall time.

1) Average watts- 313
2) Average speed- 22.6
3) Distance- 56.27
4) Rider weight- 182
5) Describe bike and wheels- Speed Concept 9.9, Zipp Disc and Aeolus 9.0
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero- Ran a 1:26 half marathon, felt good so no complaints, only my second 70.3

Course was rolling, never a flat spot. I really notice how much change there was when I got on Garmin Connect. First time using it and it's pretty cool. I can't wait to see how my splits are on a more flat course at IMAZ in November.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tupper Lake Half IM

217W Ave
2:29
5'6"
140 lbs
2000 feet climbing
3.4W per kilo

Galveston 70.3 half IM

217W Ave
2:32
5'6"
140 lbs
Dead flat but crazy wind
3.4W per kilo

Both races were essentially straight out and back. SRM watts, Stinger60 front, Zipp808 rear, Airfoil Pro 52 cm. FTP was around 4W per kilo for each. My position could be lower, but I have had some issues with my intestines for ~ 1 year that get worse with a too compressed hip angle.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
191 Watts
21.3 MPH
112 Miles (Rev3 Cedar Point)
192 lbs
Felt B2 Zipp 808/900, Rudy Project Wingspan

Picture below at a different race earlier this year. Same setup, just add the disc and a tri top

http://www.TeamRWB.org It's our turn!
Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [curly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curly wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance about my position, I am very comfortable in it as well, at 54 it's about as low as my neck will allow me.
On the other point, yes quite a lot of cars that day which always helps for fast times.
I just ran your numbers and they translate to a CdA of about 0.15, so yeah impossible without a BIG draft. Not accusing you of cheating. Cars can do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
282watts
24.5mph
18.3mi
177lbs
Look 496 w/ Stinger 6/9s
Rolling L-shaped course with a net headwind, no cars, riders well spaced (so no draft at all).
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out and back course, well spaced no drafting, very few cars.
147lb
25 miles
NP 242W
28.68 MPH

To put this in perspective, that day the winners speed was 31.39 MPH :) and I was 20th!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rev3 Cedar Point Half Rev

1) Average watts - 201
2) Average speed - 22.4 mph
3) Distance - 61.4 mi
4) Rider weight ~ 200lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Cervelo P4/808 clincher front (2008) / 900 clincher rear (2011)
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - missed the half/full course split while picking my way through auto and bike (mostly full) traffic, hence the extra 5 miles and an official time that shows slower speed. No excuse re: power - that was a very good day for me
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position - no pic, but here's the file: http://tpks.ws/t5ml
Last edited by: JollyRogers: Sep 23, 11 3:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sep 11, 2011 Superfrog XXXIII 70.3

1) Average watts: 262
2) Average speed: 24.9 from official 2:14:48 split (but more like 24.6 off my Powertap)
3) Distance: ~< 56 miles
4) Rider weight: 195 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Shiv, Wheelbuilder Aerojacket over Powertap, 808 front
6) Misc notes: 4 laps on flat seaside course with variable cross-winds. This year's course featured a bumpy .85 mile transit to/from the course over some really rough old roads.

7) Picture in profile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 327 watts avg
2) 25.7 mph
3) 6.3 miles
4) 172 lbs
5) 2007 Cervelo P2C with Hed c2 Jet 90 & c2 Jet Disc clinchers with bonty r4 front & zipp tangente open rear
6) Literally the first time on my TT bike since falling off it and separating my shoulder in July
7)

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pic. Love the backdrop.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero trumps weight, remember? Get down in those aero bars!!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav wrote:
Aero trumps weight, remember? Get down in those aero bars!!

at that spot, balance and peak 20 second power trump everything

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1- 184
2- 18 (underestimated salt intake - stopped for leg cramp 5x)
3- IMWI 6:20
Rode stock B2 with quarq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts : 243 Watts
2) Average speed 23 MPH
3) Distance 18 Miles
4) Rider weight 195lb
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt B12 Reynolds Assault Wheels
6)New bike. Only had 8 miles on it prior to race. Fit was off a bit.
7) Avg power was lower than 256 avg I did on my road bike with Aero bars back in May but much higher than 236 avg power I did during a tri in July (on same road bike). Tri bike fit improvements should help push above and beyond the 256.

Prev Next