Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 201 avg watts (NP 207)
2) 25.0 MPH
3) 54.0 Miles (IM Boulder 70.3)
4) 142 lbs
5) QR PRsix (DIY Speed Box), FLO90 Carbon, Reynolds Disc, Conti GP4000sii tires, Vittoria Latex tubes, Felt Devox bars, TriRig front brake, Wing57 helmet, Rotor NoQ rings and 165mm 3D Cranks, Power2Max PM, Lake TX222 shoes, Ownway Apparel Trisuit
6) Excuses: ALTITUDE!
7)

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also from the Cotswold Classic:

1. 250W AV. 256 NP
2. 23.3 mph (37.5 kph
3. 54.4 miles (87.6 km)
4. 188.5 lbs (75.5 kg)
5. Medium Specialized Shiv comp on highest stack setting due to long legs. Std bars, Flo 60 (Al) wheels, Giro Advantage helmet, 2 piece tri suit.

Comparing the power from other folk that did the CC I must be giving away quite as few watts. I was planning on lowering the front bars to see how that felt but I welcome any suggestions. My water bottle normally sits between my areo bars but it had fell out in this picture.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Doca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 257W AV
2. 23.75 mph (38 kph)
3. 25 miles (40 km) Time: 63'01"
4. +-151lbs (+-68 kg)
5. Size 51.5 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2, 2 Elite CX aero bottles, Flo 60/90 wheels with Michelin Lithion 2 tires, Profile Design clip-on aero bars with a pretty decent fit for a road bike. "Race fit" Bontrager 'Shut up leggs' bib shorts and short sleeved shirt.

Watts are guestimated by Strava, I'm going to start using a PM starting next week. Was on Circuit Zolder in Belgium. Wind picked up a lot after 20-25km, was averaging 40.1km/h (25mph) up until then. Not bad for only cycling since the beginning of this year I think :)
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Aug 25, 17 2:24
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1. 256 watts avg
2. 27.3 mph
3. 20K
4. 157 lbs.
5. P3C, with some classified details

With fairly high density air, this rated a cDA of 0.195. Might be a little better, because the out-and-back course had a section (fairly short) of 7% grade -- and I'm assuming Crr of .004, which is probably on the low side.

Due to some asthma problems, my power was off by about 20 watts. Photo shows my stunning old-man turnaround style, which tends to cost me 10 seconds each race.

I do still have some aero tricks up my sleeve, however. I won't be satisfied until I best Grill's numbers.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Aug 25, 17 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're amazingly aero, do you have a pick of the front of your bike? How did you route the tririg brake cable?

jens wrote:

1. 256 watts avg
2. 27.3 mph
3. 20K
4. 157 lbs.
5. P3C, with some classified details

With fairly high density air, this rated a cDA of 0.195. Might be a little better, because the out-and-back course had a section (fairly short) of 7% grade -- and I'm assuming Crr of .004, which is probably on the low side.

Due to some asthma problems, my power was off by about 20 watts. Photo shows my stunning old-man turnaround style, which tends to cost me 10 seconds each race.

I do still have some aero tricks up my sleeve, however. I won't be satisfied until I best Grill's numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. AP 213 W / 222 NP
2. 23.9 mph
3. 8.65 Mile TT course, rolling course
4. 176 lbs
5. NP2, Hed Jet+ 6/9, Conti Attack F, GP4000 Rear, Latex Tubes, Kask Bambino Helmet, Castelli T1 Steath jersey.
Last edited by: endosch2: Aug 25, 17 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The Etap and lack of front derailleur has cleaned things up a lot. But still a little sloppy right now. Everything is UCI compliant. However, I am considering going back to bars that rise 10cm (or more), because there seems to be no enforcement of that whatsoever.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Aug 25, 17 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought something looked odd in that first picture, turns out it was your hand position.

Could I ask what bar/brakes you're running there?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
I thought something looked odd in that first picture, turns out it was your hand position.

Could I ask what bar/brakes you're running there?

That's a USE R1 bar, with its own levers. Like other USE stuff it's a royal pain in the ass to set up and functions marginally. The funny hand position is because it's hard to engage the brakes sufficiently with just your thumbs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jens, much appreciated. Is the front brake cable cutting over the stem around the back of the basebar? Almost looks like it's going through the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Thanks Jens, much appreciated. Is the front brake cable cutting over the stem around the back of the basebar? Almost looks like it's going through the stem.

Nope, it's just going around the front of the stem. Previously I was running it over the top of the stem (and the blipbox). But the cable angle going into the frame was too drastic, making relatively poor braking even worse. I will probably experiment with a tririg stem for a cleaner cable solution.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iowa State Time Trial Championship
1st Overall — 52:50 Official Time

1) 317 AP // 317 NP
2) 28.2 mph
3) 40km — 24.85 miles
4) 158 lbs
5) 2010 Cannondale Slice // Flo 90/Disc // Conti TT 23mm w/ latex tubes // Giro Aerohead // 2XU Project X Sleeved Trisuit
6) I rode waaayy too hard the week leading into the race. Wasn't smart, but this wasn't my A race, just for fun. Planned to ride 330W out, higher on the way back if I had it in me. Legs were poop. Still went fucking fast, so it pays to be aero!
7) No pics yet but hopefully someone from the event will post soon.
8) Course description: FLAT. 90 ft gain, out and back course with a single 180° turn.
9) TrainingPeaks File: http://tpks.ws/4uaH7
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Aug 27, 17 19:11
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, well done on 1st overall!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [brbbiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WA State TT

1) 290 AP
2) 26.9 mph
3) 40k
4) 168 lbs
5) 2010ish Cervelo P3 // ZIP 808's with AeroCover for rear // Conti Attack/Force 22/24 w/ latex tubes // Giro Aerohead // Castelli bodypaint 3.3
6) Powermeter MIA first mile, but finally kicked in. I need to learn how to ride the rollers better in the middle of course.
7) Course description: out and back course with some rollers in middle, total of ~400-500ft gain. (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24378540)

Let me know if you have any thoughts on my position..

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [brbbiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's one big stack of spacers. I hope you don't have a carbon steerer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a good point. I've been wanting to change out the aero cockpit to a setup with the base bar lower and risers to the arm rests. That's assuming using that height of risers wouldn't be too tenuous. Or, another reason to drop the front a bit more :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel left out. :/ Would love to contribute here, but have power only while training. Should probably get a crank based PM someday soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brbbiking wrote:
That's a good point. I've been wanting to change out the aero cockpit to a setup with the base bar lower and risers to the arm rests. That's assuming using that height of risers wouldn't be too tenuous. Or, another reason to drop the front a bit more :)

Why not just a stem with more rise?

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been looking forward to responding to this thread for a while. Finally have a decent race with power meter data. Might be a bit disappointing to some since I don't have massive power numbers like most in this thread!

From Ironman Mont-Tremblant 140.6
1. Avg 160 / NP 174 (VI was 1.9, I really need to work on smoothing things out)
2. Avg Speed - 19.4mph, total time 5:39:36
3. 110 miles
4. Around 162 lbs on race day
5. Speed Concept with Trek bento, Trek Speed Box, BTA, single bottle under the seat, Flo 60 / 90 combo, Giro Selector 2 aero helmet, Castelli Stealth jersey, Powertap P1 pedals, Conti GP4000 with latex tubes.
6. I'm not sure why my VI is so high. I need to work on smoothing things out a bit. I had some trouble the last 10k of the run so I probably pushed a bit too much and maybe burned a few matches which is shown in the high VI.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Esparto TT
1. Avg 317/NP 325
2. Avg Speed - 27.5 mph. Time 34:57
3. 16miles. Flat. Hot. Mixed road surface (potholes galore, but you could dodge them).
4. 185-ish lbs on race day
5. Felt DA. Zipp 808 front. RaceRim 80 rear (need to re-glue a Zipp 900). 3T Vola Team bars. POC Cerebel. Castelli Body Paint 3.
6. Eh ... faster than I expected, but power really started to fade in the second half and came in about 15 watts under target. Position was getting pretty rough near the end of the effort as well. Need to ride the TT bike more often.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
Why not just a stem with more rise?

That's an option too, but another reason I was looking at new bars was to allow my hands to come together completely. (not that it's a huge deal) My current bars don't allow for this -- they are as narrow as possible, and there's no way to rotate the bars inward. There's also no way to rotate the pads independent of the bars. They are the Vision bars that I believe came stock with the P3 (I believe it is actually a 2011 -- I bought it second hand).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First time I've played this game, so be nice

Race: Malibu Olympic Distance Triathlon, (1:01:25 bike split and 4th in 45-49 AG of 85 finishers)

1) Average watts: 227 / 214 NP/AP
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.3 MPH
3) Distance: 24.8 miles (about 700ft of elevation gain)
4) Rider weight: 145 lbs / 65.8kg
5) Describe bike and wheels: Diamondback Serios F, China carbon wheels (60mm deep and 25mm wide)
6) Misc notes: 3 weeks post Ironman CdA
7) Optional: a picture (yes, K tape, it's been a long summer of IT-band recovery)

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 275 watts
2) 21.0 mph
3) 18 miles
4) 156 lbs
5) felt b16. carbon wheels
6) broken front spoke to start, warped rear wheel. screw these wheels (karbon speed). im going back to stock
Last edited by: synthetic: Oct 1, 17 15:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stonebridge Sprint Triathlon
1) AP 228, NP 246
2) 23.9mph
3) 11.5 miles
4) 149lbs
5) Dimond Brilliant frame, Enve 8.9 front w/24mm Gripton, Zipp Super 9 w/Tangent tubular
6) Caught behind lap traffic on second lap
7) Will add if/when I find one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cross Out Child Abuse CX race 10/1/17

252 watts
12.1 mph
10.7 miles
201 lbs
Fuji Altamira CX, Major Tom tubulars on Taiwanese hubs, Tufo Cubus front, Clement MXP rear

Great race right near Oswego on Lake Ontario. The park was kind of small but they maximized use of the area so the course had lots of turns (38!) per lap. My tris and hand hurt from all the turns.

Rich R
Quote Reply

Prev Next