Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, was just wondering if that was solid or speculative. This day in age with all the bikes being so close...I'd literally not buy a Speed Concept if they dropped her for this.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the same company who sponsored Lance Armstrong and tens of other current/former dopers?

JASpencer wrote:
No worries, was just wondering if that was solid or speculative. This day in age with all the bikes being so close...I'd literally not buy a Speed Concept if they dropped her for this.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, looking at the USADA testing database. Lauren Goss was tested once this year. Ironman doesn't list a database of those tested, just their registered testing pool. So this could have been from the USADA test, the question I have is was this a USAT directed test or from Ironman? If it's a USAT test her name will eventually appear on the USADA sanctions page.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, looking at the USADA testing database. Lauren Goss was tested once this year. Ironman doesn't list a database of those tested, just their registered testing pool. So this could have been from the USADA test, the question I have is was this a USAT directed test or from Ironman? If it's a USAT test her name will eventually appear on the USADA sanctions page.

It had to be an in-competition test (as THC is only banned in-competition) so likely a test by Ironman after a race.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Is this the same company who sponsored Lance Armstrong and tens of other current/former dopers?

Yep. That's the one.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't have to be ordered by Ironman as USAT is the one issuing pro licenses. And in-competition doesn't necessarily mean after a race.

Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think it might be time for a poll about cannabis/thc/cbd Dan, I’m going to hypothesize that fewer people believe in prohibiting thc than 10 (5?!) years ago.

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
gmh39 wrote:
So she knowingly used a product with THC in it? Regardless of whether that should produce a positive test or not, that's doesn't sound very responsible/knowledgeable of the rules she needs to abide by.

Does this CBD cream help? Maybe a little.

Does it have THC? Definitely.

Why would you risk it?

Known risk for possible benefit.

Let's just assume she smoked pot.... she did nothing wrong. It's her business, and none of ours. Her life should go on as usual. This is pretty disappointing by WADA, USADA, and Trek.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´ll probably get called spiteful for this but what I just cannot circle is that knowing she had tested positive and that a ban impending or even notified of she knowingly and deliberately got on a plane to China to race the Wengcheng International Olympic Distance triathlon weekend past all expenses paid by race organisers (likely being sure that China / race not WADA complaint) and wins the race taking home a nice paycheck fully aware of being a convicted doper.

That´s about as classless as it gets IMHO, defraud other athletes of winnings and race organisers of costs, speaks volumes to her integrity.

(caveat: yes I coach the pro who got second, no that doesn´t bias my view, I would still call out the behaviour)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
convicted doper.

I have nothing against you, in fact you've coached several friends who speak highly of you...but that is just preposterous.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bullshit dude. She knew exactly what she was doing and violated the compact. She knew the rules. Saying she did nothing wrong is completely false.

tilburs wrote:
I´ll probably get called spiteful for this but what I just cannot circle is that knowing she had tested positive and that a ban impending or even notified of she knowingly and deliberately got on a plane to China to race the Wengcheng International Olympic Distance triathlon weekend past all expenses paid by race organisers (likely being sure that China / race not WADA complaint) and wins the race taking home a nice paycheck fully aware of being a convicted doper.

That´s about as classless as it gets IMHO, defraud other athletes of winnings and race organisers of costs, speaks volumes to her integrity.

(caveat: yes I coach the pro who got second, no that doesn´t bias my view, I would still call out the behaviour)

I think we just call that a lack of personal ethics.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 5, 19 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What vernacular would you use to clearly state what a person is that has been convicted by USADA of a doping infraction then?

David T-D
Last edited by: tilburs: Sep 5, 19 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you are being spiteful...(-;

Perhaps the verdict was not completely final yet? I really dont know, but if there were appeals, or chances of them, then she was right to race. Maybe she can take you two out to dinner now... (-;

At any rate it sounds like you won't have her to kick around anymore. Seems like this was a dagger in her soul, and has left her quite depressed about the whole sport thing..I still want to know if you can actually get enough into your system by just using cream? From the tone of this thread, seems like you would have to be smoking all day the day before, or eat a whole plate of brownies..Just doesnt seem logical that such a high threshold could be met with cream, but maybe something is wrong here. Either the threshold is wrong, and people are under the wrong assumption, or creams go into your bloodstream full strength, and maybe even build up, unlike metabolizing the THC in your stomach or lungs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you coach your athletes that all is black and white? If not, then why do you apply that logic here? Additionally, you used to coach Lionel and he's admitted to doing much worse so you call him a doper too, right? Or does that logic only apply to the athletes you don't/haven't coached?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
tilburs wrote:
convicted doper.

I have nothing against you, in fact you've coached several friends who speak highly of you...but that is just preposterous.
I couldn't agree more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Do you coach your athletes that all is black and white? If not, then why do you apply that logic here? Additionally, you used to coach Lionel and he's admitted to doing much worse so you call him a doper too, right? Or does that logic only apply to the athletes you don't/haven't coached?

spare me the theatrics and please don´t conflate entirely different circumstances.

Lionel used recreational drugs in a past part of his life and was never "convicted" by government or USADA, he cleaned himself up and now competes in triathlons. End of.

Yes I am pretty black and white on it. My agreement states "if you knowingly or unknowingly test positive by an anti-doping authority you are fired from my roster with immediate effect".... why such a strong stance?....Here´s why, other athletes I coach *may* be subject to governing body rules that state if their coach has another athlete convicted they are no longer allowed to work with me (USA Cycling states this). Two I become known as a coach associated with someone handed a ban by USADA or WADA etc... for rest of my coaching career. The athlete can simply move on to a new career.

How staunch am I on it?.... I have stopped working with athletes who have mentioned in passing, after some time of coaching, their use of something I then research to be a supplement listed on the 411 site and contaminated.

So answer my question... what vernacular would you use?

David T-D
Last edited by: tilburs: Sep 5, 19 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
So answer my question... what vernacular would you use?

You can do, or say, whatever you want. But if you're going to call her a convicted doper, then you must call Lionel a doper. You can't apply varying logic because you have a relationship with someone. If you don't like that then come up with something else. You called Lionel a recreational drug user which if you don't believe the CBD cream excuse is the worst you should apply. If you do believe the CBD cream story...call her naive? You could also just call her Lauren Goss.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet the amount in her system was high enough to test positive because, as she stated, she's been using it twice a day for several months.
Via google, seems like thc can remain in your system a long time if you are a chronic/daily user...

That said - she says this effectively ends her career... Is that because she doesn't think she'll ever get a sponsor again? 6 months isn't that long, shorter than lots of pro's end up being out with injuries....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:

Well then, isn't it more embarrassing your athlete got beat by a pothead?

I question the testing protocol and threshold here... Transdermal product means super low blood absorption rate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok... maybe dial down the moral outrage here a bit. Do you really think someone who smokes weed recreationally is defrauding other competitors? Really? REALLY? Come on...

If the race in China wasn't bound by WADA rules, then no rules were broken, and... furthermore, so what? It's weed, not EPO or HGH. You've gotta be smart enough to know it's absurd to draw a moral equivalency between weed and *actual* PEDs.

If the race was WADA compliant, then she'll have to return the money. If it wasn't, then she won't. It's pretty simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
convicted = you are convicted of something by laws you are governed by
doper = in the context it is used around the entire world it is of the use of any drug prohibited by a governing body during training or competing in sport governed by WADA that you are found to have used during training or competition

Whether the cream is or isn´t recreational is irrelevant.

Again you seem to conflate two entirely different matters for the sake of your own interpretation.

I am comfortable with my use of the english language, I am comfortable with my time with Lionel and my feelings (in a definition sense you so vehemently refer to) towards him/his past.

We are both free to disagree if we cannot see the other persons point of view, that´s what internet enables.

As to what you may judge me to be .... I can live with whatever that is :-)

David T-D
Last edited by: tilburs: Sep 5, 19 11:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s the reasoning for calling LS a doper?

Am I missing something with something more recent during his actual triathlon career or are you referring to his previous admitted past drug history when he wasn’t an athlete.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Doug MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug,
1) she never stated she smoked weed
2) weed isn´t EPH or HGH nor in same WADA class as weed
3) the equivalency is simply that a doping infraction ban given, end of

David T-D
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something with something more recent during his actual triathlon career or are you referring to his previous admitted past drug history when he wasn’t an athlete. //

It would have to be that, because as far as I can tell, not once has Lionel ever been associated or linked to PED's. Quite the opposite actually. Going back to his drug addiction days is a pretty far reach, and I think way out of line. But seems there is some desperation going on with the coaches here, so a lot of hyperbole on both sides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You literally just wrote the word doper followed by your opinion on what that word means and then accused me of "[conflating] two entirely different matters for the sake of your own interpretation."

...but sure, agree to disagree.
Quote Reply

Prev Next