Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
..and yet I have an event this weekend where I could live large for a day or so in a pain free,Tramadol induced haze and WADA would say that is okay. I don't understand their logic.

WADA may say that it is okay but the UCI begs to differ. Since the start of 2019, if you race bicycles under the UCI or USAC, Tramadol is illegal in competition.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same, no way in hell I could see any pro going into a race high as a kite and squandering that opportunity to perform at his best. Now, I can def see some pros taking an edible after a race and being in straight up double chill mode.

I think The Don for sure is a pot head (:

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Tritoohard02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tritoohard02 wrote:

4: not a great look for triathlon, or usada / WADA when American football is ahead of them on thc/cbd use. I’m trying to imagine a pro football player being banned for 3-6 months for marijuana.....simply- my assumption is whoever this is: will be dropped by sponsors, ( if they have them) and can’t work for 3-6 months. Essentially ending , if not railroading their career. This is 2019. It’s time for change.

Football players get a one year suspension after the third failed test. First time puts them in the drug program, 2nd time is 4 games.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Same, no way in hell I could see any pro going into a race high as a kite and squandering that opportunity to perform at his best. Now, I can def see some pros taking an edible after a race and being in straight up double chill mode.

I think The Don for sure is a pot head (:
Maybe if they have lots of practice or are "a pro" at taking it and performing. I have friends that get BAAAAAAKED and then go play all sorts of sports (big time runners and skiers), and they perform at a high level (pun intended). But I just can't, and to me it isn't worth the risk of being impaired during the event.

Also, The Don is DEFINITELY...(I have no clue really, but come on...that guy...if he isn't, he is in uber chill mode naturally and suuuuper smiley). lol
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Tritoohard02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
If this person was using CBD oil, certain brands have THC. Floyd's of Leadville has THC.

Only partially true. They have full spectrum and isolate.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
Could this happen just by living in Boulder?! :)

If you walked by the Norlin Quad (CU Campus) on 4/20, you'd be flying high before making it half way across the grass.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Rocky M wrote:
If this person was using CBD oil, certain brands have THC. Floyd's of Leadville has THC.

Only partially true. They have full spectrum and isolate.

That's what they say. Anything "Floyd" says or is pushing is suspect. Not pink.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:

It may or may not...depends if you're right or not. And...are you a stalker?
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per the 2018 Farm Bill, a "full spectrum" CBD product has to be less than .3% THC. 3rd party labs test for purity of many Floyd's products is on their site https://floydsofleadville.com/coa-results/
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Darren325 wrote:

No. Now maybe you intended to ask that in pink but I’ll provide some more info just in case you were serious or if anyone else is interested.

What most people don’t understand is that the testing level for THC is so crazy high 150 ng/ml) that for most people it’s ridiculously hard to test positive unless you’re a seriously committed and habitual user.

By way of comparison most employment based testing (at least in the US) is done at a level of 50 ng/ml (some as low as 15). Most people will still test positive via a urine sample at this level for up to 72 hours, longer with a blood or hair test. Also, except for the rarest of circumstances, it’s been shown over and over again that it’s next to impossible to fail a drug test at the 50 ng/ml level. Think of intentionally hot boxing in a small confined space with exceptionally poor ventilation and immediately testing. Even in those circumstances it’s been shown that delaying the testing by just a few minutes brings the THC detectable levels well below a positive threshold.

This ^^^

You'd be very hard pressed to find someone who "accidentally" popped positive for THC. And CBD, even the ones with THC in them, aren't going to do it either.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Kay9Cop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay9Cop wrote:
logella wrote:
Darren325 wrote:

No. Now maybe you intended to ask that in pink but I’ll provide some more info just in case you were serious or if anyone else is interested.

What most people don’t understand is that the testing level for THC is so crazy high 150 ng/ml) that for most people it’s ridiculously hard to test positive unless you’re a seriously committed and habitual user.

By way of comparison most employment based testing (at least in the US) is done at a level of 50 ng/ml (some as low as 15). Most people will still test positive via a urine sample at this level for up to 72 hours, longer with a blood or hair test. Also, except for the rarest of circumstances, it’s been shown over and over again that it’s next to impossible to fail a drug test at the 50 ng/ml level. Think of intentionally hot boxing in a small confined space with exceptionally poor ventilation and immediately testing. Even in those circumstances it’s been shown that delaying the testing by just a few minutes brings the THC detectable levels well below a positive threshold.

This ^^^

You'd be very hard pressed to find someone who "accidentally" popped positive for THC. And CBD, even the ones with THC in them, aren't going to do it either.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Kay9Cop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay9Cop wrote:

Second hand smoke ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Think of intentionally hot boxing in a small confined space with exceptionally poor ventilation and immediately testing. Even in those circumstances it’s been shown that delaying the testing by just a few minutes brings the THC detectable levels well below a positive threshold.

So basically you're saying someone hot-boxed themselves in the doping-control tent and then pee'd in a cup?! I know some dopers are stupid, but that would take the biscuit!

Alternatively, I think you might be incorrect in your assertions.
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
..and yet I have an event this weekend where I could live large for a day or so in a pain free,Tramadol induced haze and WADA would say that is okay. I don't understand their logic.

The logic is that there is no medical use for THC by mainstream medical science outside of treatment for two rare types of epilepsy. Otherwise medical use is "off label" as a general aid in pain relief or "relaxation."

Tramadol, on the other hand, is a commonly prescribed drug with specific uses.

WADA is much quicker to add substances to their list when they're not going to interfere with standard therapeutic medical treatments.

And for THC, I'm totally fine if it's taken off the list. I'm just describing the logic used.

Also Tramadol (along with codeine and hydrocodone) are on the Monitoring List. So they could be added to the list. And I know you're just dramatizing the debate, but I'd bet money no one at WADA would tell you that competing on Tramadol is "okay."
Last edited by: trail: Aug 29, 19 10:00
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
everything I wanted to know about edilbles but was too afraid to ask, was answered by Joe Rogan...

https://ifunny.co/...-la-u-gh-i-4CyGn4Hb6

Who wants to bet that the positive test came on April 21, 2019?
Last edited by: hbog12: Aug 29, 19 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Quote:

brad culp

@bbculp

·
11h
In light of the fact that we'll soon receive word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC, just remember that it'll be legal as soon Ironman has an official cannabis sponsor.

I know exactly who the athlete is and I’m sure it’ll shock a fair amount of people.
I am also so damn angry that this is even an issue in 2019. I think we all know that THC/other cannabinoids should NOT be on the banned list.
I’m hoping that this shitty case can bring some much needed change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know exactly who the athlete is and I’m sure it’ll shock a fair amount of people. //

Smoking pot, I dont think anyone is going to be shocked. As shocked as if you told me so and so drank a bunch of beers. Well maybe I would be shocked it they were Mormon, nah....
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://paindr.com/...juana-urine-testing/

This is actually a pretty legitmate breakdown of the testing levels and how long THC stays in your system and how its broken down in your body. Personal experience corroborates with this. This dude had to have literally smoked up or been a CHRONIC chronic user for a long as time and not given a fuck.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do so many people know before it's announced? And why do people keep bragging that they know?

Either name them or let it play out
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
https://paindr.com/...juana-urine-testing/

This is actually a pretty legitmate breakdown of the testing levels and how long THC stays in your system and how its broken down in your body. Personal experience corroborates with this. This dude had to have literally smoked up or been a CHRONIC chronic user for a long as time and not given a fuck.

Ha!
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad to see more of this opinion. If this was 10 years ago, I think there would be a lot different of an outlook on the use of marijuana. It’s nice to see how far we’ve come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I know exactly who the athlete is and I’m sure it’ll shock a fair amount of people. //

Smoking pot, I dont think anyone is going to be shocked. As shocked as if you told me so and so drank a bunch of beers. Well maybe I would be shocked it they were Mormon, nah....

The rules surrounding marijuana are stupid. Hopefully there is some reform. I don't think smoking anything is good for you, but no one will tell me THC is worse than alcohol many other substances (tramadol, cigs, etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rules surrounding marijuana are stupid. Hopefully there is some reform. //

I agree, for triathlon. But there is a rule in place, everyone knows it, so whoever it is has most of the responsibility for this bust. I remember when Caffeine was banned, I sure as hell dialed back my coffee consumption so as not to even be close to any positives. And you also have to factor in a severely dehydrated body if you are tested post race, or even out of competition on a super hard, and long training day. That can really skew the amounts that show up, and not in ones favor...
Quote Reply
Re: word of a pro triathlete testing positive for THC [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I know a fair amount of endurance athletes who take THC, and none do so by smoking it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next