Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa you really are a creepy Lionel fan!

kileyay wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
I'd like to see you and Lionel in the Octagon, man that would be AWESOME!!!
The question is, after the fight, REGARLDLESS of the outcome, do you shake his hand and bury the hatchet, or do you still walk around with your Jilted Lover Hate on.

He and I have had some really positive interactions, most recently at St. George 70.3. (Here and Here)
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
CementBottle wrote:
The question is, after the fight, REGARLDLESS of the outcome, do you shake his hand and bury the hatchet, or do you still walk around with your Jilted Lover Hate on.

He and I have had some really positive interactions, most recently at St. George 70.3. (Here and Here)

bwahahahahahaha

Since I was hurt and it was Cinco de Mayo, my buddy and I (in support of our friends who did the race) donned the Sombreros. We had a better interaction with LS...such as this pic.
Last edited by: Culley22: Aug 21, 18 16:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

You win today's edition of the internet.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched that clip. That’s stuff I’d say to a good friend who knows that I’m just razzing. I hope they’re friends irl, cuz if not ... we’ll...

it reeks of insecurity in ones own abilities.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just chiming in to say I’ve missed you.

Carry on,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I just watched that clip. That’s stuff I’d say to a good friend who knows that I’m just razzing. I hope they’re friends irl, cuz if not ... we’ll...

Kiley can correct me if I’m wrong but I think he dubbed that over an existing video.

But it’s arguably more funny if I’m wrong.

Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Kiley can correct me if I’m wrong but I think he dubbed that over an existing video.

You are wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Or it sounds like any sporting even I have ever been to. Have you not ever been to a hockey game while living in Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Or it sounds like any sporting even I have ever been to. Have you not ever been to a hockey game while living in Canada?

I expect it at the major team sports, where it's "us vs them". It's out of place at a triathlon, running race, or similar event.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Jan Frodeno did something very similar last year (went vegan and was obviously too thin - not saying one is a result of the other, so chill vegans) with similar results at Kona. Yet he largely gets a pass because he faked an injury and isn’t open at all with his training or methodologies or anything like Lionel is.
Stop repeating that piece of BS. There's photographic evidence that Jan was probably trolling regarding the vegan thing, because he can be seen eating meat and/or fish.
Also, he was carrying a significant injury into Kona which flared up during the bike leg.

Seriously, that Jan Vegan line needs to die.

PushThePace wrote:
I wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Lionel grew up playing organized sports (basketball) and he was also a cross country runner. If he has been the way he is now, thirsty for knowledge, there is no reason to believe he didn't learn a great deal from those two coaching opportunities. Certainly enough to become self aware and self critical. Exercise physiology is not rocket science. It's a fairly simple equation of
He was cutting weight hours before an IM Race. Let that sink in. Read your own comment again. If you still think you/LS might be right, there's no hope for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

You are wrong.

:-)

Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched the video that Lionel Sanders posted after this most recent race on YouTube. As we've all noted he's way too lean and he briefly even touches on possibly having a slight and I reiterate slight eating disorder. He says all the right things and acts like he's going to make the corrections but his body language says something entirely different.IMO! This is going to be a issue!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Jan Frodeno did something very similar last year (went vegan and was obviously too thin - not saying one is a result of the other, so chill vegans) with similar results at Kona. Yet he largely gets a pass because he faked an injury and isn’t open at all with his training or methodologies or anything like Lionel is.

Stop repeating that piece of BS. There's photographic evidence that Jan was probably trolling regarding the vegan thing, because he can be seen eating meat and/or fish.
Also, he was carrying a significant injury into Kona which flared up during the bike leg.

Seriously, that Jan Vegan line needs to die.

PushThePace wrote:
I wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Lionel grew up playing organized sports (basketball) and he was also a cross country runner. If he has been the way he is now, thirsty for knowledge, there is no reason to believe he didn't learn a great deal from those two coaching opportunities. Certainly enough to become self aware and self critical. Exercise physiology is not rocket science. It's a fairly simple equation of

He was cutting weight hours before an IM Race. Let that sink in. Read your own comment again. If you still think you/LS might be right, there's no hope for you.
Much like the Jan and carrying a significant injury into Kona and flared up on the bike BS...
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His latest vid is out:

Cool to see him using the resistance wheel on the city paths: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...rhub-resistance.html

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His feet looked super beat up! Also, his form wasn't looking so hot in alot if those clips... Still wide knees riding & the old run gait (just say'n).
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
His feet looked super beat up! Also, his form wasn't looking so hot in alot if those clips... Still wide knees riding & the old run gait (just say'n).
Well he learnt from his weight experience, don't fix what aint broken...
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:

Training at such a level is going to be hard on your body. His wide knees and his hitch are not going away anytime soon as those are hard problems to fix overnight. It will surely be interesting to see how he does in Kona this year. I for one am ready to get the show on the road but we have a ways yet.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t cancellara have wide knees etc too? Never saw anyone comment on his knees...
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Didn’t cancellara have wide knees etc too? Never saw anyone comment on his knees...
No I was perfect 👌
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is indeed very real! Or someone out of nowhere get the win. This is the cool thing about the sport you really never now. Logic says Frodo, Gomez and Lange will fight for top 3! But as last year you never know who will feel good or feel bad or a flat. Last year 3rd place was almost unknown!
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to bump this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad at all, I never had him in my top 5 either though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only you didn’t have a tadpole ass to back up that wolverine mouth. Could have been in some $$ (and bragging rights for A YEAR over Monty).
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
If only you didn’t have a tadpole ass to back up that wolverine mouth. Could have been in some $$ (and bragging rights for A YEAR over Monty).

Haha I know. That could have been epic!
I also wasn't expecting it to be that crazy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next