Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year.
Quote | Reply
In my opinion Kona shaping up to be an awesome race this year. I think there is a good chance that Sanders isn't even in the top five this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
In my opinion Kona shaping up to be an awesome race this year. I think there is a good chance that Sanders isn't even in the top five this year.

In fairness, the level of competition is so strong and deep, you could probably say that about anyone.

Can’t wait to see the shoot out in South Africa- Frodo, Gomez, Kanute, Brownlee (hopefully healthy)!
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IS that a 2 to 1 chance you are giving, if so I will take some of that action.....You just spouting off, or want to bet real money on your thesis???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on Fishy I expect better trolling than this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am willing to chalk this up to a fluke as his 70.3 STG / 70.3 IMMT races were very impressive this year and I have a tough time imaging he has gone backward since then. His leanness does scare me a bit.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude needs a steak and a brick of cheese STAT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course there’s a chance. Super strong field. Interested to hear an interview with Him after the race to hear what went down right from the horses mouth.

He also may bike a course record and win the thing. Almost Infinit possibilities and that’s the beauty of sport.

One things for sure, I hope IM Louisville has it on a screen somewhere!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trolling...
Well maybe a little bit but the field seems really strong this yr..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez top 3?
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top 5 could be crazy hard to guess let alone top 3
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:
Of course there’s a chance. Super strong field. Interested to hear an interview with Him after the race to hear what went down right from the horses mouth.

He also may bike a course record and win the thing. Almost Infinit possibilities and that’s the beauty of sport.

Here you go:
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:

Raclette dinner?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

Raclette dinner?

No white Knighting in this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI Lionel ran 2:55 today
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
FYI Lionel ran 2:55 today

And?
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a fluke ... his general obsession with "stuff" this time has gotten him into trouble with body weight. He's too lean, too light ... you see it EVERY year in Kona (males & females) before the race and I just write those people off. Losing the extra kilo doesn't always play out well.

If he learns that lesson from Mont-Tremblant the race was worth it. His obsession with Jan is well, obsessive ;-)

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I and many others can identify with the obsessive behavior that Lionel demonstrates when it comes to his triathlon training/eating/recovery etc. The problem is that while this type of behavior is necessary to be successful at a high level, it can often end up being detrimental when there is no observer to say "Stop" or "hold back" etc. His wife should not have to play this role. He needs a coach. He needs to let go his obsession with controlling everything and let someone else write the program and the diet so he can just focus on suffering through the workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
Not a fluke ... his general obsession with "stuff" this time has gotten him into trouble with body weight. He's too lean, too light ... you see it EVERY year in Kona (males & females) before the race and I just write those people off. Losing the extra kilo doesn't always play out well.

If he learns that lesson from Mont-Tremblant the race was worth it. His obsession with Jan is well, obsessive ;-)

He better right the ship eating wise.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome.

Thanks very much!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know conventional wisdom says doing an IM this close to Kona is not a recipe for success and we’ll see what happens, but I never took it at as he was going for the win today. Just ’I’m going at xx% of race effort today to test certain things’ with no regards to where he finished. Did I miss something as to his goal today? Sure Kona is shaping up to be awesome if all the top contenders bring their A game and have a good race but how often does that happen. And awesome job by Cody in his first IM. Ok back to the AH train wreck.
Last edited by: tonyg420: Aug 19, 18 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [Thebigturtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe this is what I and a few others (Fleck? DD? etc) have hinted at for years ... and yet every year its something different.

I watched off and on for little bits today and though his general bike position looks better, his bike is too small (because he thinks its more aero?) ... he still has not addressed the bio-mechanics that are effected by cleat / pedal width (and or crank length?) which also effect his aerodynamics.

I get the personality type (I have athletes like that) and while that obsession and need for control have, of course, provided a high level of success, it has roadblocked how quick the success could have been achieved and it continues to roadblock how good he could be.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez comes in 11th at IMC??? Wasnt he second behind Currie?
Last edited by: mrw42976: Aug 19, 18 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tonyg420 wrote:
Here’s what I don’t understand, Gomez comes in 11th (behind 2 amateurs) at IMC, nobody mentions it. Lionel comes in 2nd today on what he says was a long training day and we’re writing him off? I know conventional wisdom says doing an IM this close to Kona is not a recipe for success and we’ll see what happens, but I never took it at as he was going for the win today. Just ’I’m going at xx% of race effort today to test certain things’ with no regards to where he finished. Did I miss something as to his goal today? Sure Kona is shaping up to be awesome if all the top contenders bring their A game and have a good race but how often does that happen. And awesome job by Cody in his first IM. Ok back to the AH train wreck.

In all honesty this has nothing to do with todays results. And out side of his diet I'm sure he better this yr that last. I just think it's a stacked field...

And AH is a knucklehead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
I believe this is what I and a few others (Fleck? DD? etc) have hinted at for years ... and yet every year its something different.

I watched off and on for little bits today and though his general bike position looks better, his bike is too small (because he thinks its more aero?) ... he still has not addressed the bio-mechanics that are effected by cleat / pedal width (and or crank length?) which also effect his aerodynamics.

I get the personality type (I have athletes like that) and while that obsession and need for control have, of course, provided a high level of success, it has roadblocked how quick the success could have been achieved and it continues to roadblock how good he could be.

Not a expert on bike position but he still looks wasteful for lack of a better word.
Quote Reply
Re: Very real chance Sanders does not Podium at Kona this year. [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:

Was "Infinit" spelling a shameless plug? As triathletes, I can see how one would confuse that with the custom drink formulas. It's okay, "Infinit" does work well for me, so I'll proudly give it a plug here!
Last edited by: Rocky M: Aug 19, 18 18:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next