Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Thank you!

I believe I just took the one from bicycle rolling resistance for these tires with 7 bar of pressure. I used 0,00309.

Ok, strange. With that CRR I cannot come close to the CDA calculated by BBS, even with a very high air density.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Thank you!

I believe I just took the one from bicycle rolling resistance for these tires with 7 bar of pressure. I used 0,00309.

Ok, strange. With that CRR I cannot come close to the CDA calculated by BBS, even with a very high air density.

From the photo of the road surface provided, isn't .0031 a bit low?

As in, I thought the BRR values are a grain of salt that they're typically lower due to the roller texture they use versus what a road will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
marcag wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Thank you!

From the photo of the road surface provided, isn't .0031 a bit low?

As in, I thought the BRR values are a grain of salt that they're typically lower due to the roller texture they use versus what a road will be.

Yes, I suspect CRR is low. However, if you are entering .003 and BBS is saying .18x...for that power, yellow flags go off. Unless my math is way off. May be worth plugging into another calculator.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spudman Triathlon bike leg, Burley, ID -- note, elevation is 4200' (1280m)
1) Average watts: 249 AP, 248 NP
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.4 MPH (39,27kph)
3) Distance 24.5m (39.4km)
4) Rider weight: 191# (86.6kg)
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2007 Giant Trinity, Zipp 808 F+R, HyperThreads tri suit
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Held expected power, which has been getting me 25 and change mph lately, so dunno what happened there. Felt good. Road surface was garbage: bumpy chip-seal.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Last edited by: EricTheBiking: Aug 23, 22 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 219 AVG, 217 NP
2) My bike computer had 24 MPH, timing system had 23.8. So let's go with 23.8. 2:21:xx
3) 56 Miles, Bear Lake Brawl, Idaho/Utah
4) 155lbs
5) 2019 Canyon Speedmax SL, DT Swiss ARC 1400(80mm,60mmm), latex tubes. 87 PSI. Rudy Project Aero helmet, Huub Aneomi Trikit, Huub aero calf sleeves
6) This race is at 6k in elevation so speedy course. There was road construction so I did stop at a construction light for 1 minute. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, I missed that in the athlete briefing. It was a timed light so I waited for the oncoming traffic to clear and then biked the gravel shoulder through it. Weather was cold. 38 degrees when we got in the water 43 when we got on the bike. Put on vest, arm warmers, and gloves. I was hoping to push more power, but the legs were just a bit fatigued. I live at 5300 so the elevation was not a huge facotr.
7) Photo is from last year. Same setup but less gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which tires do you run on your 808’s? I have the same wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
Which tires do you run on your 808’s? I have the same wheels.

GP 5000, 23c. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have raced three times this year and got three new average speed PR's.

1) USAT Std Distance Duathlon - 40km - 23.8 MPH average speed
2) No Label Triathlon - 12mi - 24.0 MPH average speed
3) Texas City Triathlon - 15mi -24.2 MPH average speed

I used the Heed Tri spoke front and disc back wheels with the Continental force/attack (22mm/24mm) tires and Latex Tubes.

I have never owned a power meter so I am not really help this thread since I can't post Watts, but I can say that my virtual watts on my dumb trainer has been around a 310W FTP +/-5W for the past 2-1/2 years on a plateau with not significant changes over the dozen FTP tests I have done. That puts me at 4.0 +/-.2 W/kg.
Last edited by: curtish26: Oct 6, 22 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone had to talk about themselves and bring this thread back up to the surface 🤷‍♂️ Mostly because I enjoy seeing how fast/aero you guys are.
IM 70.3 Tempe 2022 (no swim)
1) 218 AP / 222 NP
2) 23.5 mph
3) 56.22 miles
4) 5'11 148.9 lbs
5) 2018 Trek Speed Concept. HED Jet 6+ f/r wheels with GP 5000 and latex tubes @ 80 psi. Pearl Izumi tri suit and Bontrager Ballista helmet.
6) This course is not conducive to maintaining speed. Lots of u-turns (15) and narrow passing due to the 3 loop format. BBS had me at an avg. CDA of 0.255, but that sounds low to me.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/5905139
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [JBalady2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll add mine from the same race since we are very similar!

IM 70.3 Tempe 2022 (no swim)
1) 224 AP / 228 NP
2) 23.0 mph (2:25:07 official split)
3) 55.9 miles
4) 6'0" 149.4 lbs
5) Specialized Shiv Disc Tri with 60/88mm wheels. Michelin pro4 endurance v2 tires at 80psi. Jakroo tri suit and giro aerohead.
6) Same comments on the course as above, crazy amount of turns and traffic which makes it difficult to get into a rhythm.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: theyellowcarguy: Jan 10, 23 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Indian Wells 70.3 2022
1) 235 AP / 237 NP
2) 23.5 mph (2:23:02 Official Split)
3) 55.8 miles
4) 6'0" 150.8 lbs
5) Specialized Shiv Disc Tri with 60/88mm wheels. Michelin pro4 endurance v2 tires at 80psi. Jakroo tri suit and giro aerohead.
6) Completely different than the AZ course I posted above, this one had really long stretches of aero. Flat. Minimal traffic and turns.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: theyellowcarguy: Jan 10, 23 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 327ap / 327np
2) 30.26 mph / 48.7km/hr
3) 46km out and back flattish TT w/ some rollers, light crosswinds, pretty ideal conditions imo.
4) 5’10” 132lbs
5) Cervelo P5-3 full uci legal setup. HED Jet plus disc, Ali-express revolver Tri spoke clone, Tri rig omega brakes, Michelin Power TT 25mm tires w/ latex tubes, no water bottles, Giro aerohead ultimate helmet, no pinz long sleeve flow suit, made to measure
Last edited by: TheWhiteCarrot: Jan 10, 23 20:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
District / State TT championships
We had a massive headwind going out, so the speed differences were pretty big

22.5mph w/headwind out
32.3mph w/tailwind back

Power: 249w
Speed: 26.2mph
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 160lbs
Miles: 17
Time: 38:55

Super exhausting just holding onto the bars going out, and had a positive split.
Last edited by: aaronterrazas: Jan 15, 23 21:51
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [aaronterrazas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moving into merckx racing....

1) Average watts = 272
2) Average speed in MPH = 24.5
3) Distance = 20k
4) Rider weight = 161lb Height = 6'0"
5) Describe bike and wheels = 19' trek madone karbon speed 60/88
6) Excuses: Time 30:03, could not see finish line as my shield fogged up 5 min into race, so had to slow down into the finish chute, goal was sub 30
7) couldnt get riding picture, but here is post ride pic. Its a shield made for sunny day... which was the predicted forecast, but heavy marine layer rolled in. other riders ripped their shields off at the start

Last edited by: synthetic: Apr 10, 23 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did a 42km TT last Saturday, 13th out of 241 including some pros, elites and the current world hour record holder M45-49 (Filip Speybrouck) who only beat me by 1 second..

1) Average power = 288W, Normalized power = 293W
2) Average speed = 27.4MPH, 43.78km/h
3) Distance = 26.25Mi, 42km
4) Rider weight = 151lb, 68kg (winter weight yo, 2kg over weight still) Height = 5'7", 170cm
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Trek Speed Concept, cheap Aliexpress 70mm Trispoke, Ron wheels Aeron X disc, Vittoria latex tubes (6.5Bar front, 6.2Bar rear), ghetto tape mod to create super extensions, Rotor Aldhu 54/38 155mm cranks, C-bear ceramic BB, KCNC oversized pulley system, KMC X11SL chain, SRAM PG1170 11-26 cassette. First time using my Nopinz Flow suit.
6) Excuses: None, except for maybe having paced the opening lap a bit too slow. Very happy with the speed for the power I pushed.
7)

1st lap: 281W avg, 285W NP, 43.3kph, 19'31"
2nd lap: 293W avg, 295W NP, 44.4kph, 19'09"
3rd lap: 297W avg, 301W NP, 44.5kph, 19'03"

Paced the first lap too easy, but ah well..
I always try to build throughout the race instead of the 'smash and try to hold on' that a lot of people seem to use based on the times I can see.
This was basically double the length of the longest TT I've done and only my 4th ever TT so overall I'm happy with the result.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Apr 12, 23 1:19
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Average watts 216
2) Average speed in MPH 24.2
3) Distance 18 miles
4) Rider weight 160 height 5-10
5) Describe bike and wheels premier tactical
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
Out and back with rolling terrain and a bit windy. Been off the bike for a while. Tt bike over a year(ouch shoulders). Just seeing where the fitness is.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New PB. Was just out to test the tri set-up.

1) 246 AVG, 259 NP
2) 25.57 MPH, 43.3 km/h
3) 1 hour on the Montreal F1 circuit
4) 71 kg, 190 cm
5) P5 1x, 82mm wheels w GP5000 TL tires
6) Didn't run my disc and trispoke and faster tires. Left 0.7 km/h on the table due to that. Hairpin was closed so I had 10 slow u-turns. Wasn't going for this until 30 mins in when I realized my time was good.

Edit: cockpit pics for littlefoot

Last edited by: Runorama: Apr 24, 23 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Piche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piche wrote:
Average watts 216
2) Average speed in MPH 24.2
3) Distance 18 miles
4) Rider weight 160 height 5-10
5) Describe bike and wheels premier tactical
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
Out and back with rolling terrain and a bit windy. Been off the bike for a while. Tt bike over a year(ouch shoulders). Just seeing where the fitness is.

"Off the bike a while" nets you a 24 mph avg on 216 watts? Dang man. That's awesome. I'm jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:

1) 246 AVG, 259 NP
2) 25.57 MPH, 43.3 km/h
4) 71 kg, 190 cm
6) Didn't run my disc and trispoke and faster tires. Left 0.7 km/h on the table due to that. Hairpin was closed so I had 10 slow u-turns. Wasn't going for this until 30 mins in when I realized my time was good.

Nice color way. Looks good. Can you shoot a few pics from above your aero bars I want to see her set up a little bit better it looks nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:

1) 246 AVG, 259 NP
2) 25.57 MPH, 43.3 km/h
4) 71 kg, 190 cm

Edit: cockpit pics for littlefoot
Thanks!
Like the set up. Looks good. Is that bracket (it appears gray) the only thing holding the white aero bottle up on the bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. That's 0.25" aluminium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the aluminum bar DIY!! Question, if you are willing to share. How do you attach the bolt/screw to the reservoir?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
Love the aluminum bar DIY!! Question, if you are willing to share. How do you attach the bolt/screw to the reservoir?

There is a nut molded into the bottle that is normally used to secure the dolphin tail to the torpedo.

Previously I've also done it using a plastic washer, rubber gasket and SS bolt through the middle straw hole, but it was a bit of a pain. The molded nut has been sturdy enough so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes sense. Do you mean using a plastic epoxy like a JB Weld?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Texas
Avg Power = 200
Avg Speed = 23.3
Time: ~4:49
Weight: ~165, 5’10

Setup: BMC TM01, Disc with 60m front, Rudy Wing helmet, Sleeved 2XU suit.

Will try to upload a pic later.

Curious if folks think this is decent speed for the watts? Feels like my position is decent, but wondering if there is room for improvement, or if it will only be marginal at this point. Haven’t been to a wind tunnel…
Last edited by: Persia1921: Apr 27, 23 16:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next