Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mart1n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Grafman 70.3 in the UK 06/06/2021

1) 202w avg (215w np)
2) 21.3mph / 34.3kmph
3) 56 miles / 90km
4) 73kg
5) Giant Propel with the standard wheels
6) 98% humidity during the bike, was a very undulating course, no real hills to note
7)

Last edited by: elecious: Jun 7, 21 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 323 AP / 328 NP
2) Average speed: 41.6 kph / 25.9 mph
3) Distance: 16 km / 10 mi
4) Rider weight: 75.5 kg / 166 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2015 Wilier Blade. 88mm carbon rear wheel, standard road wheel in the front
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: First time racing this bike. This is my first TT bike and first time racing in aerobars since college (20+ years ago). Very happy with my power, need to figure out positioning and shifting better so I can stay in my aero position for the entire time.
7) Optional: Not from the race obviously, but from the week prior trying to get my positioning down. In my basement.
Last edited by: teachersteve: Jun 10, 21 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [georgevhoffmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman 70.3

1) 191 AP /199 NP
2) 21.5 mph
3) 56.04 miles
4) ~172lbs
5) Parlee TTiR with Giant SLR-1 / GP5000 tubeless
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5th place at US Pro Nationals TT
Michelle Howe
1) 253W AP / 270W NP
2) 27mph
3) 14.3 miles
4) ~140 lbs

5) 2013 Cervelo P5three.
2018 Zipp 808 NSW Front. 2018 Zipp Super9 disc rear. Clincher, rim.
Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ 2.0 with Silca latex tubes.
Mix of Shimano DuraAce & Ultegra di2.
Hambini BB.
POC Tempor helmet.
Bike position can be seen here.
Aero socks. Specialized Sub 6 shoes with Specialized lace covers. (should have worn shoe covers).
Magura brakes.
Re-leathered Cobb Vmax saddle, work done by local shoe leather guy. Saddle weight = almost 400g.
Zipp 130mm stem +6 degrees. Sawed off elbow pads, mounted backwards (to make them slimmer).

6. Fit was done by guesswork 3 days before. Changed it to "close enough to UCI regs" with no prior fit numbers from a triathlon fit. Further adjusted morning of, due to UCI regs failure. No aero testing ever done. Switched gear shifter direction 45 minutes before race start because her MTB shifter direction was confusing her.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 213 AP, 222 NP
2) 22.4 mph
3) 56 miles (70.3)
4)167lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1- 190 AP, 230 NP
2-18 MPH
3- 75 Miles, 5.7 K climbing Battenkill
4- 185 lbs
5-Parlee Altum, 19 lbs with luggage, tubeless Schwalbe One-28mm, Sram AXS
Last edited by: SlowAmericano: Jun 22, 21 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 mile (unofficial) time trial on open roads. Course code H10/22 https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/course-details/h10-22

1) 339W
2) 30.2mph
3) 10 miles
4) 70kg
5) Boardman ATT custom build with Enve 8.9 front and FFWD rear disc. 58/44 chainrings and 11/25 cassette.
6) Complete lack of specific training – more aimed towards half-ironman distance. Late in the day with 9hrs of bike workshop / bikefitting work in my legs. Wind could have been more favourable.
7) My normal tri setup with Aeria hydration system – thanks for the suggestion Ben Deal! Because I was limited to a 130mm stem (as opposed to my preferred 150mm) I tried moving 20mm back in the saddle and adding 25mm of pad stack to keep the hip angle open.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2021 Tri Louisville Olympic Distance - 1st Place Overall (2nd fastest bike split)

1. Average watts - 235 (250NP)
2. Average speed - 23.9mph
3. Distance - 40k
4. Rider Weight - 158lbs
5. 2019 Cervelo P3 - HED Jet 9 front and disc rear
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 242 watts
2) 22.7 mph
3) 8 miles
4) 178 pounds
5) Trek SC, FLO 30s front tire Conti 4k, rear continental 4 sport (I think), somewhat loose fitting jersey, Giro aerohead helmet. 2 bottle cages on down and seat tube. 1 bottle on down tube and one 1 BTA. I wanted to carry a spare bottle due to heat and humidity.
6) Local flat section where I live. About 8 miles. First 2.5 are rolling with good decent prior to the flat section.

I wanted to test my TT time as I have been preparing for a sprint tri in 2 weeks. I am going on a week vacation and wanted to do a hard ride today as I leave tomorrow morning. Going to focus on running this next week.

*I'd like some feedback on my watts and speed. I like to test with training setup (except for the helmet) so I can see more gains come race day. I have Conti 5k tires on Hed Jet 6/9 combo. Will wear a tighter race jersey (DeSoto skin cooler) on race day. The race will be a flat 16 miles and I'm hoping to hold similar speed for the race. Are my watts and speed pretty decent, or lots of room to improve?

I feel like I can improve my head position for race day. I was riding on rough shoulder and wanted to be on lookout for cars as I was trying to ride in road when I could. Much smoother there. I'll also be removing my 2 bottle cages and bottle and will only run BTA.

Currently my tubes are butyl. Not sure I want to try and swap out for latex as I don't think I can get the tires off! Haha. Those suckers are a tight freaking fit.

Thanks
Last edited by: littlefoot: Jun 30, 21 20:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) 130 watts
2) 18.5 mph
3) 18.5 miles
4) 120 lb rider (21lb bike)
5) Cervelo P2c, flat course, no race wheels.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regional TT
1) 268 AP/NP
2) 42.2 kph / 26.2 mph
3) 15km / 9.32 miles. Out and back flat course. 16 kph / 10 mph wind along the course direction.
4) 74kg / 163 lbs / 190cm / 6'3"
5) P5-3 56. Alpha X. Hed Stinger 6 front. Renn 575 back. Vittoria Corsa g+ 23 front, Veloflex Sprinter 22 back. 115 psi. Power2max type S.
6) Finished smack mop on time for all masters <45, bop on watts. I need a bit more meat in the legs.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swedish Championships TT master
1. Avg 309w NP 318w
2. 40,5km/h
3. 31km. Two lap course with a pretty big hill at the start, then some Rolling terrain, last 6km pretty flat
4. Canyon Speedmax CF SL, FFWD disc, unaas 80mm, giro selector, Michelin power competition with latex tubes.
Not recovered from covid yet and very bad shape, at least 40w from where I should be..
Last edited by: superdea: Aug 9, 21 10:01
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno buddy, a 190 cm dude converting 268 watts into 42.2 km/h... I would celebrate the aero, or something.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TN State TT

1.) 223
2.) 25.7mph / 41.36k
3.) 40k
4.) 178lbs
5.) My Hacked together old Speed Concept and other gear. Smurf hat, only skinsuit I had that I could squeeze into. Premier Disc and no name 3spoke
6.) Spent most of the last year lifting weights and only really started "training" for this race a couple weeks ago. About 60 watts off the same race in 2018. Never was really in the race, (about 5 minutes down on the winner) but felt good to race again.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Aug 9, 21 12:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe this thread is still going. This was from my first Tri in 7 years. Brand new bike and build was completed Friday before the race with 0 test rides before the triathlon.

1) 253w
2) 24.5mph
3) 25mi
4) 75kgs (190cm)
5) Cervelo P-series w/ Enve foundation 65 and TFA aerobar
6) See above for my whining. I seriously considered riding my road bike but decided to just go for it. It was also at 6,400ft altitude. Course had ~1100 feet of climbing.
7) https://www.letterv.net/...n-2021/i-gqbqQVW/buy

Saturday I have another Tri in similar conditions. I think there will be a bit more climbing but I've had a Professional Tri bike fit with some major changes plus I've ridden the bike a handful of times. Plus I got a new helmet. so we'll see if those give me any better results.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Granth9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Echo race, too. That is a fun little race even with the mud swim this year! I ended up with a 1:02 bike split or there abouts on 234 watts. I was in the 40-44 AG, Lonnie is my name. Congrats on a great race!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Hopefully I’ll see you at one of the other races in the UT, ID, WY area.
Last edited by: Granth9: Aug 9, 21 16:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike leg of an Oly Du
1) 213 AP/ 217 NP
2) 40.8 kph / 25.35 mph
3) 40km ovalish loop w 80m elevation total. 20.1 kph / 12 mph wind at a 60 degrees angle to the course direction.
4) 74kg / 163 lbs / 190cm / 6'3"
5) P5-3 56. Tririg Alpha X. AeroCoach Angles 35 degrees extensions w 15 degrees angled spacers (new). Xlab torpedo under the bars custom mount (new). Hed Stinger 6 front. Renn 575 back. Veloflex Sprinter 22 front and back. 120 psi. Power2max type S. Sleeveless trisuit and unshaved legs. LG Vorttice helmet.
6) Went from 12th to 3rd overall out of 89 after the bike. Cramped up starting the 2nd run and gave up some time, but still happy with my result beating my target time by 50s. Next year will be shaved w sleeved suit, new helmet (most likely p09) and corsa speed tires. FTP is 256, I should have been able to hit a higher wattage.

Last edited by: Runorama: Sep 13, 21 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smallwood race in Southern MD. Sprint. Tough course as it is mostly false flats or up and down hills. Avg was better than expected. I held back some in the beginning, wish I went a little harder.
1. 212 NP
2. 21.9 mph
3. 16.55 miles
4. 175 pounds. 5'10"* I'd like to lose 5 to 10 more to be at my ideal weight. But I've down from 215 in March 2020.
5. Trek speed concept. Hed Jet black 6/9. Giro aerohead. GP 5000 tires. I have latex tubes, but never installed them. I'd like to get a disc, but don't want to out out big $ for the rear with black brake track to match. I'm cheap. I've considered getting the flo and putting HED stickers on it!
6.Took 8th overall and 1st in age group. Pretty good feeling since it my first season racing in 5 years and first races I've finished this year in 7 years.

Curious if the gurus out there could tell me whether the power and speed were decent. My goal is to get up to 25 mph for race avg and run well too. I will focus on suffering again with the run this off season. That was a weakness of mine
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 276 AP
2. 27.5 mph
3. 10.01 miles
4. 160 pounds. 5'10"

Terrible power. Not fueled. Started fading at mile 6. Good speed! I really need 300w for a 10 miler. Complaint? I counted three big trucks go by against me and only one small one and a car with me for the run. Womp womp.

Goal for 2022 is 28mph. I had it today, but the legs said "nope". U turn was lazy. Standing start anemic.

2018 Trinity Pro 1, Aerocoach alloys and carbon wings, Fourriers tilt blocks and shims, Tempor, Aerocoach flow suit, HED 9+ and disc on latex Michelin TT’s.
Last edited by: burnthesheep: Oct 15, 21 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just did 70.3 NC / Beach to battleship. It’s a very fast course; wind was from north northwest so it was generally headwind for 30mi, crosswind for 5 and tailwind for 22.

1) Average watts: 249AP/252 NP
2) Average speed: 24.9mph/40.1k
3) Distance: 57.7mi / 92km
4) Rider weight: 183lb / 83kg
5) Equipment: Felt DA1, Zipp 808/Sup 9; aero calf sleeves and sleeves tri suit. Wing57 helmet
6) Misc notes: I was ecstatic with this performance. I was under power target and over speed target, and on a course slightly long it was great!! I didn’t see any photographers out there so I don’t have any pictures. I’d never ridden so far up front before, I was 4th out of T2. Mixing it up with a few pros and top AGers. we had a train of 5-6 doing a rotation in the back half (a ref was tailing us for long periods of time so while we couldn’t break each other off, spaced legally and I’m sure there was some draft benefit if not psychological)

Oceanside 70.3. Rode wife's bike. 65 degrees & breezy.
  1. 217W (2.3W/kg) AP, 237 W NP.
  2. 21mph ride speed. 20.8 mph speed with 10min flat stop included.
  3. 56 miles. 2700 feet gain.
  4. 210 pounds, 6'1".
  5. 2013 Cervelo P5 three, DuraAce/Ultegra mashup. Vittoria Corsa Speed + latex. Zipp NSW 808 & Super 9. Super 9 is cracked. Bike is 3-5cm too short of reach for me. Buried my nose in my forearms so much I chaffed the tip of my nose. New Zoot suit purchased day before. New Kask helmet purchased week before, never worn before, other than in living room. Lots of guesswork, but pretty pleased with speed for power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get latex tubes or tubeless. Get your head down. You can improve your body position and go much faster. Not a guru, but I'd bet money that all the aforementioned is true and useful advice.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow the ast 4 posts are almost exactly 10W/mph. I know it's a non-linear relationship but just popped out to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Wow the ast 4 posts are almost exactly 10W/mph. I know it's a non-linear relationship but just popped out to me.

Quite the weird coincidence. Reminds me of https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Quote Reply

Prev Next