Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [roadbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a Castelli tri suit in size S, what's the width of the leg openings?
I recently bought a Body Paint SanRemo short sleeves tri suit and the leg width was 42cm (i.e., 21cm measured across when laid flat) which is way too wide for me.
On my older (sleeveless) Body Paint tri suit this measured 18.5cm across, and on a new Core tri suit it was 19cm, which was still ok (but I don't like the suit).
I'm wondering whether the Body Paint SanRemo short sleeves tri suit I got was a "fluke" or whether all of them are like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
If you have a Castelli tri suit in size S, what's the width of the leg openings?
I recently bought a Body Paint SanRemo short sleeves tri suit and the leg width was 42cm (i.e., 21cm measured across when laid flat) which is way too wide for me.
On my older (sleeveless) Body Paint tri suit this measured 18.5cm across, and on a new Core tri suit it was 19cm, which was still ok (but I don't like the suit).
I'm wondering whether the Body Paint SanRemo short sleeves tri suit I got was a "fluke" or whether all of them are like this?

Hmm, maybe your handle is a clue here? :-) Kidding aside, I have the same issue with my this suit myself, probably due to my aging skinny legs but it seems to be designed for people with large quads. It's not real bad for me, the very bottom of the leg seems a bit loose which can't be too aero. My solution was to just slide the legs up a bit until the bottom is reasonably tight (which I could do without bunching) but I think I'll see if my wife can take in the legs a bit at the bottom which would be a better solution, can't return it at this point since I've worn it in a few races.

Other than the legs I generally like the suit. Haven't done any formal testing but anecdotally it feels fast and my power files seem to indicate a definite reduction in CdA from the 2 piece kit I was previously wearing. The panel in front makes peeing much easier than a conventional skin suit although of course #2 is still harder than a 2 piece. The pad is comfortable. The fabric doesn't seem very breathable, which doesn't bother me too much on the bike but I'm not crazy about it for running on hot days.

Edit to add measurement: My suit measures 21.5 cm across legs when laid flat, about the same as yours. So yours is not a fluke.
Last edited by: tttiltheend: Dec 23, 14 6:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
My suit measures 21.5 cm across legs when laid flat

Thanks for measuring it.

I just got a replacement Castelli Free SanRemo Suit Short Sleeve, and it has the "standard" leg width of 19cm.

It seems only the Castelli Body Paint SanRemo Tri Suit has these unusually wide legs, all my other Castelli Tri Suits and cycling bibs are about the same.
Does anyone have the Body Paint SanRemo Tri Suit (Short Sleeve) with a "normal" leg width (19cm or less for size S)?
If so, where/when was it made and where did you buy it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
My suit measures 21.5 cm across legs when laid flat

Thanks for measuring it.

I just got a replacement Castelli Free SanRemo Suit Short Sleeve, and it has the "standard" leg width of 19cm.

It seems only the Castelli Body Paint SanRemo Tri Suit has these unusually wide legs, all my other Castelli Tri Suits and cycling bibs are about the same.
Does anyone have the Body Paint SanRemo Tri Suit (Short Sleeve) with a "normal" leg width (19cm or less for size S)?
If so, where/when was it made and where did you buy it?

I have several size M trisuits both with and without sleeves. The Castelli Free SanRemo SS in size M is unwearable for me. It was really, really tight compared to the PI Octane or Fusion Sports SpeedSuit. I sent it to my brother, who is even skinnier than I am, and he was very uncomfortable as well.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Castelli Body Paint SR SS tri suit and just got it in the mail. Here are some pictures and details for those interested.

First impressions: Material quality is very nice, the pad is super comfortable and the piece wears very nicely. Ive been wearing/racing in Castelli tri stuff for over the past year but in their sleeveless, 2pc line Free line so I was pretty confident that a small was the correct size for me. The sizing on the 1pc suits is a little more generous than the 2pc version. The bottoms on the 1pc are a little bigger at the thighs (as previously mentioned) and a slightly larger at the waist. There is no drawstring to tighten the waist size so I guess this makes sense. The top seems to be a little longer but very similar around the mid-section/chest/neck, maybe a touch bigger than the 2pc Free top. The arms seem to be close to an appropriate length and width for me but I think they could use some tailoring to get the best fit (duh). I also bought a 1pc Castelli Free sleeveless suit (ITU style) and feel it follows much the same way in terms of sizing. The full zipper on the front is awesome and makes getting in/out of the suit a breeze plus I think it would be real handy if you need to open it for ventilation.

Me: 5'8.5'', 136lbs, 27" waist, 35" hips, 33" chest, so I am slightly smaller than most of the dimensions listed by Castelli which explains the zipper pucker.

Sizing wise I fall in more with an XS Skinfit Streamliner or XS Scody Optimise AIR so I m.ight try one of those to see if I can get any better of a fit

(Please ignore my girlfriends cluttered dresser and my iPhones terrible picture quality)

Last edited by: kyle h: Jan 2, 15 12:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Kiwami Kona wings aero jacket?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brad Williams has. Here is the thread I started on it http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...Aero_Jacket_P5373215

Brads user name is @BW_Tri

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, Andre has some in stock......gorgeous material.....

stevej wrote:
Has anyone tried the Kiwami Kona wings aero jacket?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has there been any feedback on the LG Course M-2 Triathlon Skin? Isn't this the one they developed together with Crowie?

http://www.louisgarneau.com/...E_M-2_TRIATHLON_SKIN

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now he's left to go with 2XU? :-/

cshowe80 wrote:
Has there been any feedback on the LG Course M-2 Triathlon Skin? Isn't this the one they developed together with Crowie?

http://www.louisgarneau.com/...E_M-2_TRIATHLON_SKIN

Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we'll have another great one in 2 years to buy from them hahaa

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, but not so sure. More flash than function I feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of champion systems short sleeve trisuit.

My team is thinking of switching to 2XU for this next season.
The new sleeve suit that 2XU makes looks and feels like the San remo by castelli..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
I bought a Castelli Body Paint SR SS tri suit and just got it in the mail. Here are some pictures and details for those interested.

First impressions: Material quality is very nice, the pad is super comfortable and the piece wears very nicely. Ive been wearing/racing in Castelli tri stuff for over the past year but in their sleeveless, 2pc line Free line so I was pretty confident that a small was the correct size for me. The sizing on the 1pc suits is a little more generous than the 2pc version. The bottoms on the 1pc are a little bigger at the thighs (as previously mentioned) and a slightly larger at the waist. There is no drawstring to tighten the waist size so I guess this makes sense. The top seems to be a little longer but very similar around the mid-section/chest/neck, maybe a touch bigger than the 2pc Free top. The arms seem to be close to an appropriate length and width for me but I think they could use some tailoring to get the best fit (duh). I also bought a 1pc Castelli Free sleeveless suit (ITU style) and feel it follows much the same way in terms of sizing. The full zipper on the front is awesome and makes getting in/out of the suit a breeze plus I think it would be real handy if you need to open it for ventilation.

Me: 5'8.5'', 136lbs, 27" waist, 35" hips, 33" chest, so I am slightly smaller than most of the dimensions listed by Castelli which explains the zipper pucker.

Sizing wise I fall in more with an XS Skinfit Streamliner or XS Scody Optimise AIR so I m.ight try one of those to see if I can get any better of a fit

(Please ignore my girlfriends cluttered dresser and my iPhones terrible picture quality)

Dont the wrinkles on the shoulder give more drag? I thought the material is faster than skin, but skin is faster than wrinkles

Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [RobbyT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that's the reason I returned it. I posted the pictures in the event someone was similar size to me and curious how it fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone seen a Scody for sale in the US? $50 shipping from AUS is really not appealing on a garment that's already $300.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Aud keeps going down...
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Grisham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point, I have family in AUS and with the exchange rate it makes way more sense to just have one of them buy one and ship it over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noting that Wiggle.com is now a retailer for Scody and prices are very good ($190 shipped). Got word that my XS Scody sleeved suit is on its way. Excited to see how it feels and compares to the Castelli/PI offerings. If the suit fits and the materials are as good as the ones on the Castelli suit I think this will 100% be a great purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the virklon and it bunches up in the belly and the sleeves at the shoulders, doubt it's more aero than a sleeveless like that. I'm 140lb 5' 4" wearing xs probably gonna get a castelli t1 does anyone have significant wrinkles with that?I like it's price
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Castelli t1 fits me great with no major wrinkles. I am 6' 1", 180-185 and wear a medium. It is tight, but not too tight.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

I am 176cm with 94,5cm chest and 67/68kgs, Should I use a small size in CASTELLI T1?

Thanks!!!
Last edited by: CARLOSCB: Jun 3, 15 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
has anyone tried a full cycling speedsuit unzipped and everything during the swim then full change in t2 to running shorts? how long do you expect it would take to change going very fast? Thinking about using a castelli body paint 3 for my im cause I think most of the tri specific products are doing it wrong
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Jun 7, 15 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never tried a Bodypaint, but the Assos Chronosuit takes ages to get your arms into. Swimming with it on but unzipped is also terrible, since it tugs at your shoulders just standing, nevermind lifting the arm.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should I order the Castelli Body Paint SR Tri or the Free San Remo SS suit? Anyone in this thread tried them?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next