Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be trying the T1 zipped up. As long as the T1 fits tight under the arms I don't think there should be any restriction through the shoulders. I am hoping to hit the water Friday mid-afternoon for a short swim and then again Saturday morning before bike check-in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any shops in San Diego stock any of the sleeved suits?

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Recall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello. Just completed a very hot race yesterday wearing the Octane. I have a sleeveless wetsuit but wore the Octane with the sleeves on for the swim. I could feel the sleeves dragging a bit but my swim time wasn't any faster or slower than usual. Felt like a bullet on the bike. Running with the suit was very comfortable. This race was a half mile swim, 21 mile bike, and a 3.5 mile run.

I was testing everything out for my half distance races later in the year. I am very happy with the suit.

I'm 6'0 and race between 180 and 185 pounds. I wear the large Octane.

Has anyone else worn a sleeved suit like the Octane while using a sleeveless wetsuit? Looks a bit goofy I guess but I seemed to swim decently with the combo.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out why Craig Alexander was dq'd. It's illegal to do that in some races.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it isn't. It's illegal in M-dot races to use a sleeved kit in a non-wetsuit race.

In a wetsuit legal race, you can wear a sleeved kit and a sleeveless wetsuit.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its only illegal when its not wetsuit legal.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, misunderstood your post. My bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't wear a sleeved tri-suit during non-wetsuit swim. There is nothing illegal about wearing one with a sleeveless wetsuit (you can't wear one under a swim skin, iff the swim is non-wetsuit).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
check out the Jordan's great comments on the Kiwami suits. A big benefit is that is is better than most suits in a swim, which eliminates the need for a swimskin, and look at ITU results to see how well people run in it. Kind of a no-brainer to me.....

Where do I find his comments. Is it in this thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in this thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._latest_reply;so=ASC

Funny that some here look only at the bike when 3 sports are in a tri. Seems the Kiwami offers little downside that many of the others have, plus you can get it customized as you like with logos or whatever. Buy 1 suit and use it for all 3 sports instead of all the changing and extra swim skins of the others. Race smart

summitt wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
check out the Jordan's great comments on the Kiwami suits. A big benefit is that is is better than most suits in a swim, which eliminates the need for a swimskin, and look at ITU results to see how well people run in it. Kind of a no-brainer to me.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
It's in this thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._latest_reply;so=ASC

Funny that some here look only at the bike when 3 sports are in a tri. Seems the Kiwami offers little downside that many of the others have, plus you can get it customized as you like with logos or whatever. Buy 1 suit and use it for all 3 sports instead of all the changing and extra swim skins of the others. Race smart

summitt wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Tried it.. hated it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone's different. You're an exception.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I have taken the plunge with Virklon, the Spanish company somebody mentioned above in here. I wanted my club colours and they have a custom design tool, you basically download a .pdf template and then edit in whatever vector graphics package, I used Inkscape and uploaded as .svg. It took them overnight to render it, but I can now order for their standard tri top price, which is unbelievably only 44 Euros plus a bit more for delivery. I literally can't believe how cheap that is, and that you can have a custom design at standard prices and without having to place a bulk order.

Can't comment on quality/fit/aero yet, but they were super helpful by email and are trying to get it out to me in time for a race in a couple of weeks. Normal turnaround is about a month I think. Cannot wait to see how it turns out, this is my design.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those Virklon's look like great value! My biggest issue w/ the full body suits are losing all the time savings trying to take a wee during a race. Are the zippers on the Virklon long enough to let a guy do his business without having to take off the sleeves?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much time did it take to ship from Spain? How is the suit so far? I maybe pulling the trigger soon as well
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the full body suits. To be clear, this is the tri top that I will use as part of my 2-piece setup. I particularly wanted a sleeved aero top, for exactly the reasons you describe!

There was a guy further up in this thread who ordered the one-piece, you could drop him a PM, if he has had it a while he will probably have taken a widdle in it by now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
qngo01 wrote:
Those Virklon's look like great value! My biggest issue w/ the full body suits are losing all the time savings trying to take a wee during a race. Are the zippers on the Virklon long enough to let a guy do his business without having to take off the sleeves?

Just piss yourself and dump a little water on you in the next aid station. I do not recommend this strategy for the deuce though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll post some pics this evening. It took about three weeks for me to get mine. I'm a fan of the suit. I'm not sure if the sleeve material will confer any aerodynamic advantages... I'll have to field test that later this year. A few quick observations:

-sleeve material is VERY flexible and conforming. Can't imagine it would adversely affect anyone's swim (assuming a wetsuit swim)
-sleeve material is probably a bit fragile... but that's just an unavoidable tradeoff IMO.
-suit breathes very well but is also very sheer in the front... again, another tradeoff
-color didn't match the configurator color well at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone help with sizing question on Castelli Sanremo or Body Paint sleeveless. I'm considering the Sanremo and I'm 6'1" and 183 lbs, based on hip and chest it looks like XL but my waist is 33 which puts me in the large. I'm thinking the Castelli stuff runs on the small size, so XL?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 foot 1 inch, 178-182 and I wear medium in the body paint short sleeve (not sleeveless). Fits very well, tight as should be but not too tight. I have worn in 4 races and love it. Best kit I have ever worn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you end up swimming with the T1 under the wetsuit? I'm curious because I want to buy one for IMFL.

Stelvio wrote:
Scott_B wrote:
I also put the T1 on while wet this past weekend and it probably took me twice as long. I am going to do a test swim with it on under my wetsuit later this week and if it feels OK I will wear it under my wetsuit at Tremblant 70.3 on Sunday.

I'm hoping to be able to test as well, with a short swim Saturday AM. I'm doing Tremblant 70.3 as well. Perhaps I'll see you there. Are you thinking of zipped up or unzipped under the wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, is it generally true that any sleeved suit is faster? I've got two of the older Speedo racesuits and I just noticed a sign on a persons house in my neighborhood that does alterations including sports and outerwear. Could I cannibalize one Speedo suit to put arms on another? I like the Speedo suit and am cheap but I suppose there is no way to know if its faster...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Did you end up swimming with the T1 under the wetsuit? I'm curious because I want to buy one for IMFL.

Stelvio wrote:
Scott_B wrote:
I also put the T1 on while wet this past weekend and it probably took me twice as long. I am going to do a test swim with it on under my wetsuit later this week and if it feels OK I will wear it under my wetsuit at Tremblant 70.3 on Sunday.

I'm hoping to be able to test as well, with a short swim Saturday AM. I'm doing Tremblant 70.3 as well. Perhaps I'll see you there. Are you thinking of zipped up or unzipped under the wetsuit?

Yes I did. I had it "on" but not zipped up (too constricting) and didn't even notice it was there. Depending how long the run to T1 you can have it zipped up by the time you get to your bike. Comes off rather quickly in T2, again unzipp on your way to your rack.

I did this for 3 races this summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do most people put on the Sleeved Aero top after a non-wet-suit swim, Do people dry off? Do you need a larger top to put on to account for you being wet? At Kona there were tons of pros with these and they are a B**** to put on while wet. I tried to at IMChattanooga and after a little time of only being able to get it over my forearm I abandoned the aero top. It seems to fit perfect when I put it on dry. At 70.3 Worlds I wore it under a wet suit and had no issues. It is a castelli aero top.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [DukeofTexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Chattanooga as well and put on a Castelli T1 Stealth on in the change tent at T1. I did not attempt to dry off and it probably did add 20 seconds to my transition but I didn't feel like it unduly slowed me down. I'm glad I wore it.

My T1 was 5:53 so not exactly rocket speed but not slow either.
Quote Reply

Prev Next