Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Champion Systems!

Mine arrived Friday evening, and I'll be wearing the sleeved Apex Triathlon Speedsuit tomorrow at Leadman. My little test ride today was great. Very tight fit throughout (as long as you size way down). I'm 5'10 140 and the XS is definitely the right size. Arms are very tight, no bunching on the outside of the shoulders. There are a couple seams in the armpit areas, so I'd be curious to test it versus the sleeveless and see how fast it is.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Added

Awesome, thanks Jack. I went to a local bike store and they only had the climbers jersey but the small is a MUCH better fit than the PI octane suit. The arms and armpits are much better cut, and fit much closer.

Any idea on which is faster? the T1 Stealth Top or the Aero Race Jersey 5.0? The jersey quotes 20watts and the stealth quotes 3mins on a 5hr ironman.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Apr 12, 14 12:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Scody a few weeks ago and raced in it today. It fits like a glove and did a good job making me feel cooler during a hot (for this time of year) run. Very happy with the purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea if a good aero jersey (see below) would be any loss over the Castelli T1 or other long sleeve tri suite? Just thinking there is more storage in the aero jersey and it was make just for cycling so 'should' be faster than something like the T1 or Fusion speed top that was made with some thoughts to triathlon.

http://www.castellicafe.co.uk/...ace-5-mens-jersey-fz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anybody encountered issues with bodymarking at races? It seems clear/obvious that a sleeved suit should offer a notable benefit over sleeveless (aerodynamically, on the bike, assuming no complications related to fit causing a tradeoff on the run).

However, the risk of not being able to use it in a WTC or any "A" race seems risky.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Race directors, PLEASE chime in!

Seriously, don't take me too seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Irondawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Irondawg wrote:
Has anybody encountered issues with bodymarking at races? It seems clear/obvious that a sleeved suit should offer a notable benefit over sleeveless (aerodynamically, on the bike, assuming no complications related to fit causing a tradeoff on the run).

However, the risk of not being able to use it in a WTC or any "A" race seems risky.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Race directors, PLEASE chime in!

I skipped bodymarking at every race I have done in the last four years. I just walk by all the markers and go straight into transition. Nobody has ever said a word to me.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Apr 18, 14 5:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same could be said for calf sleeves and you see lots of people wearing those.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a really good point. Touché.

Seriously, don't take me too seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack, thanks for starting this thread and pulling all that together.

I will definitely be in one of these suits next season.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [Irondawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Leadman they marked my forearms because I had sleeves.

Somewhat ridiculous as the markings were off as soon as I was out of the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the love of all things holy, please folks, do not wear all white. Some kid (maybe 20?) passed me at Nationals last year coming back up the Hoan Bridge wearing a white MESH suit. I got an eyeful of b-hole that I can't un-see.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Sleeved/Aero Tri Suit Thread [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:
Champion Systems!

Mine arrived Friday evening, and I'll be wearing the sleeved Apex Triathlon Speedsuit tomorrow at Leadman. My little test ride today was great. Very tight fit throughout (as long as you size way down). I'm 5'10 140 and the XS is definitely the right size. Arms are very tight, no bunching on the outside of the shoulders. There are a couple seams in the armpit areas, so I'd be curious to test it versus the sleeveless and see how fast it is.

My Champion Systems full sleeves suit worked perfectly for two fulls and two halfs, but on the third full at Los Cabos, the fabric stretched out so much that the legs rode up into a crotch and aas thong wad. The sleeves stretched so much that I had to fold over five inches mid race. So, what tested fastest for us at ERO might need frequent replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could have sworn that Luke McKenzie wore a sleeved suit at Kona? How'd he do it. Change after the swim?

For me, I have the one piece Octane and just put on only the bottom portion going through check in in the mornging, bet body marked and then put the rest of the suit on so not a problem there.

My only concern is when it comes to the non-wetsuit legal WTC races. I've heard some folks race in it no problem.

Seems that the rules don't justify the purpose of rule. Meaining that wearing a sleeved suit provides no bouancy so the rule of nothing below the sholder.

Question on the shoulder rule. What if you just fold the sleeve up half-way? That'll put the sleeve at the bottom of the deltoid muscle which I would argue is the shoulder?