Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purchasing a new p3x. Chart has me between medium and large.

arm pad reach is 443
pad stack 647
saddle height 736

my height is 5'10

Any help would be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [SVENSSALEEN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one of those where we need to know if this is your final fit or not.... ie. what changes will you make in the future? A pic would help.

Sight unseen, I’m leaning on size M for that stack and reach, but you’ve only got room for 35mm more reach. Any more than that and you’d wish you had the size L

Does this help?

Eric

SVENSSALEEN wrote:
Purchasing a new p3x. Chart has me between medium and large.

arm pad reach is 443
pad stack 647
saddle height 736

my height is 5'10

Any help would be appreciated

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The numbers is the fit on my trek speed for years. I will have and more enhanced fit when this one comes in. Here’s a pic
Last edited by: SVENSSALEEN: Aug 3, 19 18:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [SVENSSALEEN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: SVENSSALEEN: Aug 3, 19 18:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, this complicates things... you’re more cramped and upright than I as a fitter would like, and I hypothesize that with a few postural coaching techniques and a new or better relationship with your saddle you’d be longer and lower than you are now and would need the size L.

IOW, my best advice for you changes depending on what we are trying to accomplish, and i would be remiss or negligent if i didn’t advise you as such. Get you on a new bike? Sure get the medium. Get you on a bike with a comfortable powerful aerodynamic fit and you will probably want the large.

Does this make sense?

Eric

SVENSSALEEN wrote:

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, totally makes sense. I’m going to order large and get a proper bike fit. Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SVENSSALEEN wrote:
Yes, totally makes sense. I’m going to order large and get a proper bike fit. Thank you

Where are you located? I might be able to recommend someone...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fresno, California. There is a place by my gym. They have a retul setup, cameras lasers, seat pressure test, flexibility test. It looks like an alignment rack lol. 350 and he said it takes 3 hours. But if you know someone that would be great. Thank you for all the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm... they could be amazing for all I know but you threw out some red flags.... seat pressure test and flexibility test for sure and even the Retul stuff makes me scratch my head, and I have a Retul Fit bike.

Retul is just a tool, a fancy ruler if you will... the quality of the fit depends on the craftsman. Further, the measurements the system takes are descriptive, not prescriptive... it’s really up to the fitter’s eye and feedback from the athlete to make it work.

Saddles either work or they don’t, and there’s really only a few that I’d recommend. I don’t need a pressure tester to know if a saddle works.... I’ll see it or you’ll tell me. Instead, look for a fitter that can tutor you on the proper way to sit on a given saddle, and one who can explain how your relationship to the saddle changes with every position change on the Retul bike... it’s essentially a new saddle every time you make a big change.

Let me do some checking and I’ll get back to you.

SVENSSALEEN wrote:
Fresno, California. There is a place by my gym. They have a retul setup, cameras lasers, seat pressure test, flexibility test. It looks like an alignment rack lol. 350 and he said it takes 3 hours. But if you know someone that would be great. Thank you for all the help.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok, thank you. My ISM 1.0 saddle has been awesome and I've tried many.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so far I can’t personally vouch for anyone in Fresno but there are two in LA if you’re by up for a 3.5hr drive... Ian Murray and Jim Manton, both on this forum. I’m sure there’s others is SF as well.

I’ll keep digging.

Eric

SVENSSALEEN wrote:
ok, thank you. My ISM 1.0 saddle has been awesome and I've tried many.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok perfect LA isn’t a problem. Do you habe there contact info. I’ll call and set an appt. Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian Murray
310-924-7362
Ian@teamtts.com
http://Www.teamtts.com

Jim Manton
855-243-8376
Jim@ero-sports.com
http://Www.ero-sports.com

SVENSSALEEN wrote:
Ok perfect LA isn’t a problem. Do you habe there contact info. I’ll call and set an appt. Thank you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

This thread is really helpful. I'm looking at potentially a P3 or P5, likely used. The attached fit report is from my Guru. Could you suggest a bike and size?

Thanks,

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Herbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, your Guru fit report gives you a Pad Stack of 726 and a Pad Reach of 424 to mid-pad, which normalized for rear of pad is 374. Your stack is quite high, and your reach is quite short.... how tall are you? Can you post a pic?

So stack of 726 and reach of 374 puts you off the charts for a P3x, but if you had a more normal reach you'd be a size XL.

You'd also be a size 61cm P5-6 with the High-V mount, again with a more orthodox reach.

I think we need to do more research here...

Eric

Herbie wrote:
Eric,

This thread is really helpful. I'm looking at potentially a P3 or P5, likely used. The attached fit report is from my Guru. Could you suggest a bike and size?

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm 6'0" with a short torso/long limbs. I've attached a pic of the bike but unfortunately I don't have any pictures riding. The pic will give you some perspective on a configuration question.

With your feedback and looking at the frame diagrams on Cervelo's website I went out in the garage and measured on the same points they list for stack/reach.They seem to measure stack from the BB to the top of the top tube versus pad and measure reach to the base of the stem. In measuring my Guru, the numbers are ~560 and ~420-430, corresponding to a 58cm P3 frame. (The P5 looks like the 58cm frame is 20mm shorter than the P3?)

Using Dan's Pad X/Y method, I get a stack of 740 and reach of 480. Since the newer P5's integrated headset limits fit flexibility, I'm wondering if I can get a P5 to the right dimensions or if I'm better served looking at a P3?

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Herbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok these numbers make more sense but you're *barely* on the charts... you're still very high and very far back, so I'm wondering if you couldn't be a little more optimized with your fit.

That said, you'd be a size XL in the P3x, and a size 61cm with all the spacers and the High-V mount on the P5-6.

You would probably not be able to fit on the P5d, not without a fit change, and you'd need the P3x EX10 mono-riser to achieve that.

There's nothing about you that says you need a P3, but you'd probably need a 58cm or 61cm P3 with aerobars that can be adjusted well back. P3s are a great bike with an aftermarket aerobar like TriRig Alpha One as a matter of fact.

does this help?
Eric

Herbie wrote:
Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm 6'0" with a short torso/long limbs. I've attached a pic of the bike but unfortunately I don't have any pictures riding. The pic will give you some perspective on a configuration question.

With your feedback and looking at the frame diagrams on Cervelo's website I went out in the garage and measured on the same points they list for stack/reach.They seem to measure stack from the BB to the top of the top tube versus pad and measure reach to the base of the stem. In measuring my Guru, the numbers are ~560 and ~420-430, corresponding to a 58cm P3 frame. (The P5 looks like the 58cm frame is 20mm shorter than the P3?)

Using Dan's Pad X/Y method, I get a stack of 740 and reach of 480. Since the newer P5's integrated headset limits fit flexibility, I'm wondering if I can get a P5 to the right dimensions or if I'm better served looking at a P3?

Rob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Very helpful! Thanks for your thoughts. Gives me good questions to ask my fitter.

Best,

Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric, I'm trying to decide between a P5 and a P3X

A fitter last night placed my Pad Y at 640 but I have been riding 660
Pad X (Rear) is 450
Sorry, I don't know the Pad Z
Saddle height is 795

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all about the saddle... try as many as you can and find the one that works.

good luck

Eric

Herbie wrote:
Eric,

Very helpful! Thanks for your thoughts. Gives me good questions to ask my fitter.

Best,

Rob

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends on what you're intending to do with your bike.... not that both bikes can't do all triathlons.

P3x incentivizes long course athletes with fluids and calories. With a Pad Stack of 640 and Pad Reach of 450 you could fit on M or an L, sort of "high mid-forward" on the M and "middle back" on the L.

P5 is likely faster in a "light" configurations.... you'd be a 54cm or a 56cm.... "high-mid" on the 54cm and "mid-back" on the 56cm.

Do you have a pic from your fitter? My recommendation would depend on where you might go with your position in the future.

Eric

tomljones3 wrote:
Eric, I'm trying to decide between a P5 and a P3X

A fitter last night placed my Pad Y at 640 but I have been riding 660
Pad X (Rear) is 450
Sorry, I don't know the Pad Z
Saddle height is 795

Thanks for the help!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pad x: 600
Pad y: 465
Pad z: (center to center) 170
Seat height (center of BB to top of saddle in middle) 758

I’m interested in the P5d. I’m currently on a 56 cm 2011 P3C, which fits well, but it looks like I could drop down to a 54 P5d with no problem.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [vccross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long and low! You're one of my peeps....

With a Pad Stack of 600 and a Pad Reach of 465 you are most definitely a 54cm P5d. You *could* fit on a 56, and are on the far reaches of a 51, but I see no reason why you'd want to do that when the 54 is perfect for you.

You are a 54cm P5d... go forth with confidence and be aero my friend!

Eric

vccross wrote:
Pad x: 600
Pad y: 465
Pad z: (center to center) 170
Seat height (center of BB to top of saddle in middle) 758

I’m interested in the P5d. I’m currently on a 56 cm 2011 P3C, which fits well, but it looks like I could drop down to a 54 P5d with no problem.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Thanks for this thread, and thanks in advance for your help. I'm currently on a P4 and looking to possibly make the switch to the new P5 disc. Here's my current fit on the P4 from my last fitting (saddle change). Note that I'm currently using Pro Missile Evo aerobars, to which I added some custom 10 deg. wedge shims to get the extension angle I needed (primarily for comfort - too much shoulder tension with flat extensions). Any insight on the best cockpit setup with the various options would be much appreciated.

-John

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a photo of my position from the fitting session:

Quote Reply

Prev Next