Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really appreciate this! Im having a hard time deciding between the p3x and p5d. Currently on a 51cm P3 and pretty happy with my fit.

Pad X: 483
Pad Y: 585
Pad Z: 178 (center to center)

Thanks, Sam.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [scmbtrek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good morning,

with a pad X of 483 and a pad Y of 585 you're long and low on a size 54cm P5d with the riser set at 11 and the pads at +45 with the native EX11 riser.

On the P3x you're long and low on a size M with the riser at 20 and the pad holder flipped forward and the pads in the +65 position.

You could also squeeze into a 51cm P5d if you used the P3x EX10 riser, which gives you more reach than the original one on the P5d.

Eric

scmbtrek wrote:
Really appreciate this! Im having a hard time deciding between the p3x and p5d. Currently on a 51cm P3 and pretty happy with my fit.

Pad X: 483
Pad Y: 585
Pad Z: 178 (center to center)

Thanks, Sam.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll play.
X-710 (could probably go a little lower)
Y-463 (could probably stretch out more)
Z-297 (center to center)

P4 or may scrap that project and go back to older P2 or NP2; no plan for P3x or P5D at this time
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 26, 19 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a Pad Z of 297 and a Pad Y of 710, you're certainly a candidate for the P3x EX10 mono-riser. In fact you require it, if you want to use a P5d.

With your fit coordinates you're a size 58cm P5d with the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x. I'm just not seeing a P4 in your future... your position is not long and low.

FWIW, If you chose a P3x, you'd be a size XL.

Eric

DFW_Tri wrote:
I’ll play.
X-710 (could probably go a little lower)
Y-463 (could probably stretch out more)
Z-297 (center to center)

P4 or may scrap that project and go back to older P2 or NP2; no plan for P3x or P5D at this time

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Mar 26, 19 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Looking for my girlfriend, who currently rides a XXS 2013 Plasma 20. We were aiming for the P5 disc, preferably with standard bars.

Pad Stack 630
Pad Reach 340
Pad Width Centre to Centre 190

From what I can tell even with the P3x bars it would be a squeeze due to her short reach.

I then checked these coordinates with some other bikes and she doesn't fit any of these either, which has me questioning the fit itself. Especially given her reach seems low relative to her stack.

She has ridden this fit for about 3yrs and has never had a problem with it, apart from her knees occasionally hitting the back of the aerobars when she is out of the saddle.

So:
1. With these coordinates do you think she could squeeze onto the P5 with P3x bars?
2. Below is a link to a photo of her on the trainer, could you comment on the fit generally? I wonder if she could go longer and lower, this would also open up more bike options if we can't get her on the P5.
In Reply To:

https://www.dropbox.com/...5%2058%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Thanks.
Last edited by: Thechad: Mar 27, 19 4:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Thechad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Chad,

With a Pad Stack of 630 and a Pad Reach of 340 she wouldn't fit on a stock P5d with the standard EX11 mono-riser.

Not to worry, with the EX10 mono-riser a size 48cm P5d can achieve a Pad Stack and Reach of 630 and 362 with the pad holders oriented backwards and the pads in the rearward or "+0" position. The mono-riser would be close to its highest setting, I estimate putting it at the 102 setting. This is 22mm longer than she is currently.

Having said that, and looking at her fit below, I could easily see her getting a little longer and lower with a few postural cues and perhaps a different saddle. She's a little bit "narrow-tall" than what is orthodox, or in other words she's relatively high for the given reach or relatively aft for the given stack. I know you said she wanted the standard P5d bars, but the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x would allow for tilt (in addition to a wider reach range that she requires) which would actually aid her in achieving a more "proper" and comfortable fit.

We can talk more offline if you have questions about why I'm leading her down this path and am recommending the P3x EX10 mono-riser and recommending some fit changes.

Does this make sense?

Eric

Thechad wrote:
Hi Eric

Looking for my girlfriend, who currently rides a XXS 2013 Plasma 20. We were aiming for the P5 disc, preferably with standard bars.

Pad Stack 630
Pad Reach 340
Pad Width Centre to Centre 190

From what I can tell even with the P3x bars it would be a squeeze due to her short reach.

I then checked these coordinates with some other bikes and she doesn't fit any of these either, which has me questioning the fit itself. Especially given her reach seems low relative to her stack.

She has ridden this fit for about 3yrs and has never had a problem with it, apart from her knees occasionally hitting the back of the aerobars when she is out of the saddle.

So:
1. With these coordinates do you think she could squeeze onto the P5 with P3x bars?
2. Below is a link to a photo of her on the trainer, could you comment on the fit generally? I wonder if she could go longer and lower, this would also open up more bike options if we can't get her on the P5.
In Reply To:

https://www.dropbox.com/...5%2058%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm breaking a rule b/c I am at work, and can't measure to the back of my pads right now. Please feel free to estimate what the center of regular profile design pads would be, or i can update the numbers in 8 hours.

Stack Pad Y (aero pad top) 694
Stack Pad X (aero pad center) 479

Currently riding a XL Look 576, interested in a 2017 Cervelo P2, 58 or 61 cm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ChandlerMyles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, you've got the stack of a 58 and the reach of a 51... get back to me and double check those Pad X numbers...

Edit: but if these are in fact your real fit coordinates, you *could* fit on a 56cm or 58cm P5d with the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x. Just not a P5d with the native EX11 mono-riser.

ChandlerMyles wrote:
I'm breaking a rule b/c I am at work, and can't measure to the back of my pads right now. Please feel free to estimate what the center of regular profile design pads would be, or i can update the numbers in 8 hours.

Stack Pad Y (aero pad top) 694
Stack Pad X (aero pad center) 479

Currently riding a XL Look 576, interested in a 2017 Cervelo P2, 58 or 61 cm.

Last edited by: ericMPro: Mar 27, 19 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,
Thank you for doing this.

I'm an alien.

Pad X: 607mm (top) - on my higher end of stack. I ride lower from time to time.
Pad Y: 515mm (end)
Pad Z: 250mm (out)

Interested in the P3X. I believe I fit on size L. What worries me is maxing out the reach. How would that influence handling?

Thanks,
Boki
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Boki,

Are you saying that the reach to the back of your pads is 515mm? I think you have Pad X and Pad Y reversed here.

That said, with a pad stack of 607 and a pad reach of 515 to back of pads, you are long and low on a size L P3x with riser set at 14 and the pad holder flipped forward and the pads in the "+80" position. You could go as low as a stack of 594.

Handling should not be an issue. It's a proper time trial position and will handle as such.

boki wrote:
Hey Eric,
Thank you for doing this.

I'm an alien.

Pad X: 607mm (top) - on my higher end of stack. I ride lower from time to time.
Pad Y: 515mm (end)
Pad Z: 250mm (out)

Interested in the P3X. I believe I fit on size L. What worries me is maxing out the reach. How would that influence handling?

Thanks,
Boki

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Yes, I reversed X/Y - sorry.

Thank you very much!

Boki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, would you agree that a 54 p5 disc would be correct for me? Or with my high stack, would it look stupid, with a btb perched on top??

Measurements:
saddle height - 728
reach to back of pads - 430
stack to top of ceegees - 640
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that a 54cm P5d would be best for you with those fit coordinates.

You'll have the mono-riser set at 66 and the pads in the "+0" position, ie. all the way back.

It certainly won't look stupid. You'll be achieving that stack with a super aero mono-riser. Just think of all the people out there with 45mm of round spacers under their upturned stems with round basebars... you're way ahead of the game.

What are your thoughts on pad width (Pad Z) and tilt?

Eric

SBRcanuck wrote:
Hi Eric, would you agree that a 54 p5 disc would be correct for me? Or with my high stack, would it look stupid, with a btb perched on top??

Measurements:
saddle height - 728
reach to back of pads - 430
stack to top of ceegees - 640

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My current felt doesn't have any pad tilt, using it with zipp evo 110 aluminum extenions.

Bike is at a friends place, will have to measure my pad width tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, took some careful measurements of the felt tonight, including arm pad width. My reach was also a little longer than I thought..

Stack 64.5
Reach to back of pads 45
Reach to center of pads 48.7
Pad width center to center 19
Pad width outside to outside 28
Saddle height 728mm

The increase in reach seems to bump me to the 56 on the cervelo sizing tool (sliders) I think?

Any idea what the measurement is on the 56 from BB to top of top tube at the saddle insertion?? Wondering if the post would be jammed way down into a 56 frame with my saddle height...

Thx !!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Mar 31, 19 17:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so technically yes, you could fit on either a 54cm or a 56cm P5d. On the 56 the pads would be all the way back in the "+0" position.

Looking at your fit pic (which I won't post here because of the watermark), I'd probably have you slightly longer and lower than you are now, and maybe you'd still fit on a 54 after those changes, but maybe not, you *might* run out of reach, maybe after a season of adapting and adjusting and racing. Adding the tiltable EX10 mono-riser to the P5d really opens up the reach options and the pads would no longer be slammed back on th 56 nor would you run out of reach on the 54.

Thing is, in the old days I'd say get the bigger bike because that would mean more aero frame making up the stack and reach you need rather than un-aero spacers and cockpit hardware, but with the mono-riser that's no longer a concern.

As far as Pad Z goes, you're in the ballpark for the stock EX11 pad width on the P5d, but of course using the EX10 from the P3x gives you the option of tilt.

And finally, exposed saddle... the top tube of the P5d is slightly sloping, roughly at 521mm so you'd have about 207mm of exposed seatpost and saddle. Maybe a little low but not out of the realm of the possible. IOW, you'd have 20mm less seatpost exposed on the 56 than on the 54 P5d.

So I guess the question is, how do you feel about your current fit? What do you think the future holds for you as far as your fit progression goes?

Eric

SBRcanuck wrote:
Hi Eric, took some careful measurements of the felt tonight, including arm pad width. My reach was also a little longer than I thought..

Stack 64.5
Reach to back of pads 45
Reach to center of pads 48.7
Pad width center to center 19
Pad width outside to outside 28
Saddle height 728mm

The increase in reach seems to bump me to the 56 on the cervelo sizing tool (sliders) I think?

Any idea what the measurement is on the 56 from BB to top of top tube at the saddle insertion?? Wondering if the post would be jammed way down into a 56 frame with my saddle height...

Thx !!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks Eric. Just to clarify, the 521mm measurement, that was for the 56 frame? My current 54 felt is more like 54cm bb-top of top tube at saddle, so makes the '56' cervelo sound good.

My position....Any time I've tried to go lower, I just can't hold it for the longer IM events, neck hurts a lot, and thus end up sitting up with hands resting on the elbow pads. This past Summer I raised my stack to where it is now, and it was the first time I was able to hold aero for most of the longer races. I've had a couple of fits done as well, which put me close to the position I'm in now, so can't really say I foresee changes any time soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK then, 54cm P5d it is.

Although to clarify, and this is a common misconception, but when I was talking position progression, I was thinking reach, not going lower per se. Lower isn't always better in and of itself as you have found.

Eric

SBRcanuck wrote:

Thanks Eric. Just to clarify, the 521mm measurement, that was for the 56 frame? My current 54 felt is more like 54cm bb-top of top tube at saddle, so makes the '56' cervelo sound good.

My position....Any time I've tried to go lower, I just can't hold it for the longer IM events, neck hurts a lot, and thus end up sitting up with hands resting on the elbow pads. This past Summer I raised my stack to where it is now, and it was the first time I was able to hold aero for most of the longer races. I've had a couple of fits done as well, which put me close to the position I'm in now, so can't really say I foresee changes any time soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

Thanks for your help in doing this thread.

My fit coordinates as per a fit from Cyclenutnz:

Stack Pad Y: 735
Reach Pad X: 421
Pad Z: 115

Interested to hear your take but it looks like the P5x gets me the closest fit? I am currently on the old Shiv Tri XL which fits well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have a very narrow tall fit, IOW a lot of stack for that amount of reach.

You're off the charts for the P5d, unless you use the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x in which case you can fit on a 58cm P5d, but just barely. You'd have to add 4mm to your current reach to meet the back of the bike on a 58.

Same goes for the XL P3x or P5x... you're barely hitting the reach and max stack... in fact you're slightly off the charts.

Are you *sure* this is your final fit? Something seems off, perhaps you could post a pic.

Eric

bedfordvan wrote:
Hey Eric,

Thanks for your help in doing this thread.

My fit coordinates as per a fit from Cyclenutnz:

Stack Pad Y: 735
Reach Pad X: 421
Pad Z: 115

Interested to hear your take but it looks like the P5x gets me the closest fit? I am currently on the old Shiv Tri XL which fits well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about this;

Pad stack 59.0
Saddle back of pad 50.
Saddle center of pad 53.5
Pad width CC 16.
10 degree tilt up
Saddle H 72.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, we've got some mixed units here...

when we measure pad stack and reach, we measure from the center of the bottom bracket, not from the tip of the saddle. I could extrapolate if I knew your saddle setback, but even then it's better to just measure from the center of the BB.

Can you recheck these measurements?

thanks,
Eric

Clutch Cargo wrote:
How about this;

Pad stack 59.0
Saddle back of pad 50.
Saddle center of pad 53.5
Pad width CC 16.
10 degree tilt up
Saddle H 72.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok
Saddle H 720
Saddle set back -2
CC BB to CC pad 500
CC BB to back of pad 460
Pad stack 590

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, that works.

With a Pad X of 460 and a Pad Y of 590 you could fit a 51cm or a 54cm P5d. On the 51, you'd have plenty of room to get lower but not much room to get longer, if need be. It would be the reverse for the 54, you could get a little bit lower and a fair bit longer.

How established is your fit? Do you foresee any changes or evolution of your fit in the future?

If you were to swap the mono-riser for the P3x EX10 mono-riser, your reach would be wide open on the 51cm P5d. On the 54cm, you'd be slammed for stack but have a huge reach range to play with. Also, the EX10 will give you tilt options, which I think you mentioned in your first post that you have 10 degrees of tilt currently?

Assuming I'm correct about the tilt, I'm prescribing a 51cm P5d with the EX10 mono-riser to allow for your tilt.

Eric

Clutch Cargo wrote:
Ok
Saddle H 720
Saddle set back -2
CC BB to CC pad 500
CC BB to back of pad 460
Pad stack 590

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pad stack. 605
Pad reach (BOP). 440
Pad width (COP) 170
Tilt. 15 degrees
Seat height. 700
Seat set back. 10

Would like to not be at the end of any range with say 20mm of future adjustment possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next