Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes

Thanks Eric,

The only pic I have,

nd3_49831.jpg

OK I could totally see you on a 51 instead of a 48.

If you posted a critique my fit thread people would probably move you forward and lower and this would put you square in the range of a 51.

You also might consider the EX-10 P3x mono-riser for your P5d which would give you tilt and additional reach and width benefits.

Eric

Thanks Eric,

The only pic I have,

Hi Eric

Looking at the P3X:

Pad Stack 625
Pad Reach 465
Pad Z - 200 (center to center of cups)

Thanks,
Chris

hi Chris,

with a Pad Stack of 625 and a Pad Reach of 465 you are a M or L in the P3x.

With the M, you’d only have an additional 15mm of reach to play with, but you could drop up to 60mm of stack. Conversely with the L, you’d have much more reach to play with but would only be able to get 30mm lower if need be.

I’d have to see your fit and estimate your fit progression before choosing one for you, but if you know your position is locked then you could do well with either one, probably the M which would be lighter.

You might know me though, and truth be told I’m making assumptions about your fit and wonder if you might be longer and lower after a session with me…

Do you have a pic?

Eric

Hi Eric

Looking at the P3X:

Pad Stack 625
Pad Reach 465

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Eric. I’ll find a pic and attach. This fit was on a 56cm P5. I always felt too stretched out. Seat nearly all the way forward, and more of my forearm on pads than elbows when comfortable.

hi Chris,

with a Pad Stack of 625 and a Pad Reach of 465 you are a M or L in the P3x.

With the M, you’d only have an additional 15mm of reach to play with, but you could drop up to 60mm of stack. Conversely with the L, you’d have much more reach to play with but would only be able to get 30mm lower if need be.

I’d have to see your fit and estimate your fit progression before choosing one for you, but if you know your position is locked then you could do well with either one, probably the M which would be lighter.

You might know me though, and truth be told I’m making assumptions about your fit and wonder if you might be longer and lower after a session with me…

Do you have a pic?

Eric

Hi Eric

Looking at the P3X:

Pad Stack 625
Pad Reach 465

Thanks,
Chris

Purchasing a new p3x. Chart has me between medium and large.

arm pad reach is 443
pad stack 647
saddle height 736

my height is 5’10

Any help would be appreciated

This is one of those where we need to know if this is your final fit or not… ie. what changes will you make in the future? A pic would help.

Sight unseen, I’m leaning on size M for that stack and reach, but you’ve only got room for 35mm more reach. Any more than that and you’d wish you had the size L

Does this help?

Eric

Purchasing a new p3x. Chart has me between medium and large.

arm pad reach is 443
pad stack 647
saddle height 736

my height is 5’10

Any help would be appreciated

The numbers is the fit on my trek speed for years. I will have and more enhanced fit when this one comes in. Here’s a pic

EFDB947D-076C-4990-B238-F094A0973F3F.jpeg
5CE3CA66-8125-46E0-8905-40FA2FC24F36.jpeg
EFDB947D-076C-4990-B238-F094A0973F3F.jpeg

031BCD7A-47C3-4AFD-B715-61D957DBE3C1.jpeg

Ok, this complicates things… you’re more cramped and upright than I as a fitter would like, and I hypothesize that with a few postural coaching techniques and a new or better relationship with your saddle you’d be longer and lower than you are now and would need the size L.

IOW, my best advice for you changes depending on what we are trying to accomplish, and i would be remiss or negligent if i didn’t advise you as such. Get you on a new bike? Sure get the medium. Get you on a bike with a comfortable powerful aerodynamic fit and you will probably want the large.

Does this make sense?

Eric

Yes, totally makes sense. I’m going to order large and get a proper bike fit. Thank you

Yes, totally makes sense. I’m going to order large and get a proper bike fit. Thank you

Where are you located? I might be able to recommend someone…

Fresno, California. There is a place by my gym. They have a retul setup, cameras lasers, seat pressure test, flexibility test. It looks like an alignment rack lol. 350 and he said it takes 3 hours. But if you know someone that would be great. Thank you for all the help.

Hmm… they could be amazing for all I know but you threw out some red flags… seat pressure test and flexibility test for sure and even the Retul stuff makes me scratch my head, and I have a Retul Fit bike.

Retul is just a tool, a fancy ruler if you will… the quality of the fit depends on the craftsman. Further, the measurements the system takes are descriptive, not prescriptive… it’s really up to the fitter’s eye and feedback from the athlete to make it work.

Saddles either work or they don’t, and there’s really only a few that I’d recommend. I don’t need a pressure tester to know if a saddle works… I’ll see it or you’ll tell me. Instead, look for a fitter that can tutor you on the proper way to sit on a given saddle, and one who can explain how your relationship to the saddle changes with every position change on the Retul bike… it’s essentially a new saddle every time you make a big change.

Let me do some checking and I’ll get back to you.

Fresno, California. There is a place by my gym. They have a retul setup, cameras lasers, seat pressure test, flexibility test. It looks like an alignment rack lol. 350 and he said it takes 3 hours. But if you know someone that would be great. Thank you for all the help.

ok, thank you. My ISM 1.0 saddle has been awesome and I’ve tried many.

Ok, so far I can’t personally vouch for anyone in Fresno but there are two in LA if you’re by up for a 3.5hr drive… Ian Murray and Jim Manton, both on this forum. I’m sure there’s others is SF as well.

I’ll keep digging.

Eric

ok, thank you. My ISM 1.0 saddle has been awesome and I’ve tried many.

Ok perfect LA isn’t a problem. Do you habe there contact info. I’ll call and set an appt. Thank you

Ian Murray
310-924-7362
Ian@teamtts.com
Www.teamtts.com

Jim Manton
855-243-8376
Jim@ero-sports.com
Www.ero-sports.com

Ok perfect LA isn’t a problem. Do you habe there contact info. I’ll call and set an appt. Thank you

Eric,

This thread is really helpful. I’m looking at potentially a P3 or P5, likely used. The attached fit report is from my Guru. Could you suggest a bike and size?

Thanks,

Rob

Fit Data.pdf

OK, your Guru fit report gives you a Pad Stack of 726 and a Pad Reach of 424 to mid-pad, which normalized for rear of pad is 374. Your stack is quite high, and your reach is quite short… how tall are you? Can you post a pic?

So stack of 726 and reach of 374 puts you off the charts for a P3x, but if you had a more normal reach you’d be a size XL.

You’d also be a size 61cm P5-6 with the High-V mount, again with a more orthodox reach.

I think we need to do more research here…

Eric

Eric,

This thread is really helpful. I’m looking at potentially a P3 or P5, likely used. The attached fit report is from my Guru. Could you suggest a bike and size?

Thanks,

Rob